The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Damn I can't believe what a week has done, but I'd take 15 million and Onomah thrown in easily. I'd probably take 10 million and Onomah. 

Fancy a game of poker? 

24 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I still think there is the makings of a very good player with Onomah, we didn't see it last season but under the right management and with a bit of motivation on his part he will turn into a solid premier league player.

It's this kind of shit which has got us here. 

Carlos Gill, Rudi Gestade, Jordan Ayew and on and on. 

If the makings of a good player are there, then a good player is there. 

If you feel it may be there somewhere if only we can find it somehow they are 99% of the time not good enough. 

Good players shine most of the time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's this kind of shit which has got us here. 

Carlos Gill, Rudi Gestade, Jordan Ayew and on and on. 

If the makings of a good player are there, then a good player is there. 

If you feel it may be there somewhere if only we can find it somehow they are 99% of the time not good enough. 

Good players shine most of the time. 

Going to disagree on this one sidcow. Onomah is 21, far from the finished article.

I don't think he's talent has ever been for creativity in the final third, we put him there, don't ask me why.

A coach having confidence in you, or a change in team, can have fairly profound impact on how an individual performs.

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Same here. He will learn a lot under Pochettino.

But how sad is that?

We're Aston Villa and because of terrible, terrible management/ownership for more than a decade we don't have our own Pochettino to look after our brightest prospect since Gary Shaw.

29 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

But how sad is that?

We're Aston Villa and because of terrible, terrible management/ownership for more than a decade we don't have our own Pochettino to look after our brightest prospect since Gary Shaw.

It's shit, but we've been run terribly for the last 7 years now. Spurs are a very well run club. 

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's shit, but we've been run terribly for the last 7 years now. Spurs are a very well run club. 

Yeah I know - and if I was advising Jack that's where I'd tell him to go. What an absolute pile of shit :(

8 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Damn I can't believe what a week has done, but I'd take 15 million and Onomah thrown in easily. I'd probably take 10 million and Onomah. 

Throw in Harry Kane and we might have a deal.;)

Or we just tell Spurs to piss off no mattet what amount they offer..

And focus on getting some of the other useless bastards off the wage bill first.. RMC, Lansbury, Whelan, Richards etc.

But it will be just our luck that an idiot like Steve Bruce would agree to such a stupid deal of £10m + Onomah for Grealish.

- Onomah being one of the worst players I have seen in a Villa Shirt behind Carlton Cole.

The whole episode is just bollocks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

- Onomah being one of the worst players I have seen in a Villa Shirt behind Carlton Cole

Onomah will be a good player, he's got good feet and can drive forward and even grab the odd goal, his main problem is he doesn't look for a pass quickly enough in some situations and can get caught out when players close him down quickly - this is mainly as he's come from youth football where you generally get a bit more time and space, another year or 2 playing competitive football either in the championship or prem and he'll iron that out and then he'll be sought after, to get him in a deal with Grealish (if we must sell) would be good for us (and probably him, assuming Spurs aren't planning on playing him), he'll be a Prem player in a few years and if we aren't then at least we'll have another saleable asset to help improve our team. Still wouldn't take less than £20m + him for Jack though 

10 minutes ago, weedman said:

Onomah will be a good player, he's got good feet and can drive forward and even grab the odd goal, his main problem is he doesn't look for a pass quickly enough in some situations and can get caught out when players close him down quickly - this is mainly as he's come from youth football where you generally get a bit more time and space, another year or 2 playing competitive football either in the championship or prem and he'll iron that out and then he'll be sought after, to get him in a deal with Grealish (if we must sell) would be good for us (and probably him, assuming Spurs aren't planning on playing him), he'll be a Prem player in a few years and if we aren't then at least we'll have another saleable asset to help improve our team. Still wouldn't take less than £20m + him for Jack though 

I'd tend to agree with you, my problem is after a full season under Bruce's "coaching", he has regressed, with or without Grealish this coming season I don't see the playing staff being the problem. 

Edited by Hoof hearted
  • Like 1

Big test - if we grab spurs £15m as quick as we can - we know we are still in deep shite.....if we say no ....it means we can afford to wait and the club isn't being run hand to mouth.

I have a feeling Everton may come in - they have just appointed MDS - and the fans are clamouring for a more attractive style of play (jeez the problems at Everton eh ?) 

How on earth is it possible that he stays? Kodjia - £10m (to Stoke or the like, same for the rest of these figures) - Elmo £1m - Whelan £1m, Jedi £1m, Hourihane £4m, Lansbury £1.5m, Hogan £3m - That's nearly £22 mill. I suppose it could just about be done...

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Or we just tell Spurs to piss off no mattet what amount they offer..

And focus on getting some of the other useless bastards off the wage bill first.. RMC, Lansbury, Whelan, Richards etc.

I'm sure all parties involved would prefer this. It's much easier said than done though.

• Like 1

i dont care where jack goes...as long as it's not spurs...i really cannot stand that club and would devastate me to see him in that shirt

and £15m is a piss take. that gets you hogan with a relatively small amount of change in today's market. i cant believe people are saying 15m + onomah would be a good deal

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Anyone else watch the England match last night and come away thinking £40m for Jack is far too cheap? :P

I did, and actually enjoyed watching football for once. 

£20 million plus add ons is a fair price for Jack.

He has barely any PL experience and has had half a good season in the championship. Plus he is a free agent in 2020

• Like 1

Just now, KHV said:

£20 million plus add ons is a fair price for Jack.

He has barely any PL experience and has had half a good season in the championship. Plus he is a free agent in 2020

We're getting nearly £4 mill for Gollini - prices are mental these days 

Â