The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

There is no chance we're getting promoted next season.

Unless you know something for certain that we don't then I will wait until I see the squad after the window shuts.  The quality is so poor in the Championship. If that Derby side can make the play offs then so could we even with a few losses. 

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I would say there is. It just hinges on our managerial appointment and Jack staying with us. If Cardiff got autos last season thanks to Neil Warnock then there's a chance for anybody to do it. 

3 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Unless you know something for certain that we don't then I will wait until I see the squad after the window shuts.  The quality is so poor in the Championship. If that Derby side can make the play offs then so could we even with a few losses. 

I hope you guys are right, but honestly I think you're kidding yourselves.

2 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Despite what's going on we're still 5th favourites to go up atm, only Boro from last season's sides are more fancied.

Ultimately this means absolutely nothing.

Let's see what the odds are like when we've sold half the squad.

• Like 1

Hi guys

If we have to sell Jack Grealish (and I am assuming that he would rather stay and play for "his" club), against his wishes, in order for Aston Villa to survive, then I propose that there should be a statue of him outside the Holte End to honour that fact....

Regards

Del

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Hi guys

If we have to sell Jack Grealish (and I am assuming that he would rather stay and play for "his" club), against his wishes, in order for Aston Villa to survive, then I propose that there should be a statue of him outside the Holte End to honour that fact....

Regards

Del

Yeahhhhh... no

9 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Hi guys

Regards

Del

Finances might stretch to a commemorative plate.

• Haha 2

Under normal circumstances I'd be okay him going at the right price if it was invested into the team. I remember being gutted when we sold Platt but boy what a team his money built. However we all know that any sale will go towards debt, and we have Bruce rather than Big Ron doing the wheeling and dealing. And the eye gauging brand of football.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Hi guys

Regards

Del

Sounds like Rodney has hacked Del

• Like 1

7 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Hi guys

Regards

Del

I have a better idea, why don't we name the stadium after him instead! 

9 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

So if we are making a loss of £5M a month, and we sell Grealish for £30M, it means it would simply keep us afloat six more months, until december, and then the problem is back. 

Aaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh. For the 10,000th time, the £5m per month losses are a) only press talk and b) will be reduced as we get our house in order with the already massively reduced wages like Gabby, Snodgrass, Grabban, Johnstone and Terry going plus whoever else we shift out. The aim is to make us profit making as soon as possible. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We will continue to make losses of 5 million a month forever. 

There is currently a press embargo on any article that contains a loss to Villa of minus £4.5 million, it must be over that figure to be reported. You should see what we owe for 2019-2020 - staggering.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

So if we are making a loss of £5M a month, and we sell Grealish for £30M, it means it would simply keep us afloat six more months, until december, and then the problem is back. 

We almost certainly wouldn't even see half of that on the deal being finalised. So in cash flow terms, more like 3 months.

So there is gossip that Chelsea are interested in signing Jack for £30m and loan him back to us for the upcoming season.

I wouldn't take this serious but for where we are it probably wouldn't be the worst possible outcome.

Better for him as well being loaned to us rather than Vitesse Arnhem...

Terry working as the middle man?

Anyway just putting it out there, most likely bs.

27 minutes ago, sne said:

So there is gossip that Chelsea are interested in signing Jack for £30m and loan him back to us for the upcoming season.

I wouldn't take this serious but for where we are it probably wouldn't be the worst possible outcome.

Was just about to post the same thing. If this is true (and that's a massive IF) then we ought to snap their hands off. Although it seems a bit too good to be true because it not only goes a long way to sorting out our financial mess we also get to keep hold of Jack for the year, minimising the disruption to our playing squad allowing us to probably keep the players that we would need to were our financial issues non-existent, and thus giving us a massive chance of getting up next season.

But like you say, when something's too good to be true it's normally because it's BS.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Aside from us some how being able to afford to keep him that would be probably he the best scenario possible all round.

Almost sounds too good to be true.

• Like 1

Â