The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, weedman said:

Onomah will be a good player, he's got good feet and can drive forward and even grab the odd goal, his main problem is he doesn't look for a pass quickly enough in some situations and can get caught out when players close him down quickly - this is mainly as he's come from youth football where you generally get a bit more time and space, another year or 2 playing competitive football either in the championship or prem and he'll iron that out and then he'll be sought after, to get him in a deal with Grealish (if we must sell) would be good for us (and probably him, assuming Spurs aren't planning on playing him), he'll be a Prem player in a few years and if we aren't then at least we'll have another saleable asset to help improve our team. Still wouldn't take less than £20m + him for Jack though 

ironically I think Onomah has played his best when linking up with Jack - they seem to be on a similar wavelength. which would make it pretty annoying if he came back to us on a swap deal with Jack

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I am genuinely baffled at how seeing our home grown player fulfill his potential sooner at another club is any sort of lining at all ?

I'm saying if he goes to a West Ham or Leicester there's less of a chance for him to fulfill his potential is all. He's leaving either way, might as well see him become the player we all know he can be is all I'm saying.

I hate Spurs, but they'd be the perfect move for him. He'd get game time and be at a club with a real legacy of developing young players, they also play the sort of football that suits him to the ground. A terrible move for him would be Manchester United, assuming that rumour has any basis.

• Like 1

Time for Jack to sign a contract extension and put all these low ball bids to bed.

He can go at any time but the football club must be protected.

Cairney did a similar thing at Fulham and got them promoted to the prem.

Imagine what a morale boost it would be for the club going into next season it would send a message out that we mean business and are going for promotion again.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

I don't think we're in any position to be offering Jack a bumper new contract to be honest.

I don' think we would need to offer him a bumper deal tbh. I think he would sign a year extension for less than most in his position. 

Very unlikely though...but it would put fears to bed..in the media at least.

15 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

How much more of a Villa hero could he be if he, allthough against his will, accepts to be sold and by that rescues the club from going under?

(another interpretation could be that he by going rescues Tony, and helps Tony to keep hold of our club...which I'm not sure if I'd want)

Inspiring us to finish 14th next season isn't going to do much for his career prospects, it will be just another year he plays without the prospect of premier league football.

He's pretty good at this level but he isn't going to get us promoted on his own if he's surrounded in the team by likes of Lansbury and Elphick.

He'll go, just a question of to who and how good the deal is for us.

Problem with Spurs is they'll see the mess we're in and do a Levy special deal of 1m upfront and then the rest instalements linked to Spurs winning major trophies so we could get a very small outright fee. I believe that's why them signing Berahino fell through years ago because they offered WBA a very small outright fee rather than the 20m they wanted.

On reflection, given Bruce will want Chester to stay, one Jack Grealish sold and the rest of the squad can pretty much stay bar those on high wages - surely the easiest route for the manager. Think it'll drag out but someone will eventually pay what he's worth. 

Â