The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I love Jack. Hope so much he stays. And is part of a championship winning team next season. He is class  

But...

Where is he best played? 

I’d day CM and think his tackling and defensive game has come on a lot. 

But can he do that in a 4-4-2? I’d suggest not. He has to be with two around him. 

So that means one up top again. Which I’m a bit over unless our wingers can support the main forward more as another 45 like Wembley again may not be acceptable for most and rightly so. 

He is wasted on the wing and too light weight for a true number 10. Is 4-1-4-1 the only option with Jack?

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm having a break from football for a while, I'm tired of it sapping joy from life at every effing opportunity. I want to recharge and return to my same old seat again next year and see what disasters unfold then...

However I wanted to see what the feelings on Grealish were after yesterday. By no means do I think he was awful/the worst player etc, but I do think he was far far more interested in HIM getting Villa up than Villa getting up. He didn't release the ball once. He was back to the flashy Hollywood moves with no end product player he was 12months ago.

I'm happy for him to be sold. Helps Villa financially, might mean we build a team and might actually help him being a team where his selfishness/desperation to be the hero is not encouraged because "he's one of our own". No animosity but I couldn't care less if was sold tomorrow, he's nowhere near our most important player.

I would have a greed last year but he is in now.  Who is our most important player then?

Terry is going snodgrass and Johnstone are going.  Kodjia looks a shadow of the player 

Adomah has been utter shit in 2018. I would say grealish is our most important player as it stands and I can't see him staying.  I do think though he is still veey inconsistent. I don't think he will be a player to go on to be one of the best at a top team but he could do well at a mid table team.

The one thing grealish must realise though he won't be loved as he is here at any other side. Even when he was doing some wrong shit yesterday some guy near was telling him to get up and don't do this or that. Then loads of people started defending jack. That won't happen if he goes somewhere Leicester 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I would have a greed last year but he is in now.  Who is our most important player then?

Terry is going snodgrass and Johnstone are going.  Kodjia looks a shadow of the player 

Adomah has been utter shit in 2018. I would say grealish is our most important player as it stands and I can't see him staying.  I do think though he is still veey inconsistent. I don't think he will be a player to go on to be one of the best at a top team but he could do well at a mid table team.

The one thing grealish must realise though he won't be loved as he is here at any other side. Even when he was doing some wrong shit yesterday some guy near was telling him to get up and don't do this or that. Then loads of people started defending jack. That won't happen if he goes somewhere Leicester 

I'm not going to get in to it too much but I'd say Chester, Hutton, Snodgrass and even Elmo have been more crucial to us this season. This isn't having a pop at him for the sake of it but he gets an easy ride here and I think for the benefit of the TEAM and the finances then seeing Grealish leave is the least of our worries.

Be a massive boost if he stays and I hope he does. To me he does have weakness in front of goal - sure he is 22 and has time to put that right , but that is a chink in his armour

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm not going to get in to it too much but I'd say Chester, Hutton, Snodgrass and even Elmo have been more crucial to us this season. This isn't having a pop at him for the sake of it but he gets an easy ride here and I think for the benefit of the TEAM and the finances then seeing Grealish leave is the least of our worries.

I think you are talking utter *** mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Theres no world cup or euros at the end of the next season. Hes 22. I think he will stay one more year. 

If he is adamant on leaving.. then maybe a loan to an Premier League club would be best. Get a small fee and let him get Premier League experience. Hopefully somehow we get promoted and he can come home. 

But i think he will stay one more year. 

9 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Hutton? Not for me. He is coming to the end of his career. His limitations were for all to see at Wembley. We won't be gwtting two top with someone like hutton.

Snodgrass isn't ours. Elmo? Not for me at all.

The only one I would agree with would be chester. If he goes I fear the worst for us. 

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Theres no world cup or euros at the end of the next season. Hes 22. I think he will stay one more year. 

If he is adamant on leaving.. then maybe a loan to an Premier League club would be best. Get a small fee and let him get Premier League experience. Hopefully somehow we get promoted and he can come home. 

But i think he will stay one more year. 

Loaning Grealish out would be crazy - if he goes it would be because we need the money , if not we keep him .

what good would a £2m loan fee be without Grealish . 

‘If we are to lose him I’d expect £25m plus in today’s market .

• Like 2

I thought everyone meant selling him to a prem team or something, all ive seen is WBA, Stoke and Swansea ffs, why on earth would we sell to 3 teams we will be aiming to be competing with? Also why would we sell our best player to any of them in any circumstances anyway especially WBA :D

If they have the audacity to even declare an interest i would love to be the one crafting the response.

12 hours ago, jimcohen said:

I love Jack. Hope so much he stays. And is part of a championship winning team next season. He is class  

But...

Where is he best played? 

I’d day CM and think his tackling and defensive game has come on a lot. 

But can he do that in a 4-4-2? I’d suggest not. He has to be with two around him. 

So that means one up top again. Which I’m a bit over unless our wingers can support the main forward more as another 45 like Wembley again may not be acceptable for most and rightly so. 

He is wasted on the wing and too light weight for a true number 10. Is 4-1-4-1 the only option with Jack?

Thoughts?

get a better box to box midfielder to play with Hourihane and play 4-4-1-1 or 4-1-3-2

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Madness. 

He gets an easy ride? What should we be on him for? He is MOTM 95% of the time. 

• Like 2

If we are forced to sell, anything less than £50m would be laughable. Although he isn't quite the finished product yet, the "world class" potential is surely there for all to see.

• Like 4

Obviously would be great to keep him, but not beyond the realms of possibility that Grealish money could be reinvested smartly so that we're better off overall. It can be done, although I wouldn't trust current management to do that.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Obviously would be great to keep him, but not beyond the realms of possibility that Grealish money could be reinvested smartly so that we're better off overall. It can be done, although I wouldn't trust current management to do that.

It definitely could be, but we wouldn’t be getting a player anywhere near as good as him as replacement. In the Championship, I think those kind of players make a massive difference - possibly not so much in the Prem. Would I rather have £30m or Jack Grealish? Probably the latter. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

He isn't going to a top 6 team, Doubt he would even trouble most of their u23 teams.

3 goals & 8 assists in 34 games for what is probably the strongest team in the league with a budget much higher than just about everyone else doesn't exactly make him stand out from the crowd.

He isn't even in our top 3 midfielders this year. Hourihane, Snodgrass & Adomah have contributed far, far more this year

Wouldn’t challenge their u23s? Give over, Man Utd u23s just got relegated to the league our lot are in... a league Jack took the piss in 3 years ago. 

Few are saying he’d get in a top 6 side, but he will in a couple of years.

Stats only tell half the story, how times have assists for adomah, Snodgrass and hourihane come from incisive play by jack? 

He clearly has stood out.

• Like 2

Selling him would be giving up on promotion, he is by far our best player and would be impossible to replace. Way too good for this level but he is one of our own and I hope he stays for as long as possible.

We have to stay positive and go all out for promotion. If we can shed as much deadwood as possible (we have a lot) and replace the ageing players with fitter and more energetic youngsters (show some faith in u23s) then we can do it.

Just imagine a fully fit & in form Grealish for the whole/majority of the season.

Hopefully, Kodjia and Green can step up and O’Hare be more involved too.

DF & GK are the main concerns imo.

Oh and BTW...I love Jack, he’s fantastic!

• Like 1

Â