The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We desperately need him to stay, however he owes it to himself to play at a higher level because he's head and shoulders above the Championship. He'd have to be one hell of a sentimentalist to stick around next season, offers will be almost certainly on the table and he'd be a fool to turn them down.

If he doesn't go now he will be a Steve Bull type here forever 

I think he will, and needs to stay, for another season. He could develop into a very very good player, but a move now, to a club like West Ham or something, would be a waste of his talent.

Let him stay one more year, put some more pace and energy around him, and get him to get a few more goals and he will be a £50m plus player

28 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I think he will, and needs to stay, for another season. He could develop into a very very good player, but a move now, to a club like West Ham or something, would be a waste of his talent.

Let him stay one more year, put some more pace and energy around him, and get him to get a few more goals and he will be a £50m plus player

He really doesn't. He has peaked here, he now needs to be with better players and at a higher level, perfect time for him to go. No one is paying £50m for a 23/24 year old Championship player, don't be silly.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He really doesn't. He has peaked here, he now needs to be with better players and at a higher level, perfect time for him to go. No one is paying £50m for a 23/24 year old Championship player, don't be silly.

Jack is currently 22, but I think you're taking into account another season?

His ceiling is high, no one is paying a championship club that money, but he might be worth it, one day at least.

Not sure that I agree that he has peaked here. Admirable and considerable improvement in his development without doubt has seen him become a cut above the rest. For one season though?

It took Michael Jordan 6 years to bring glory to the bulls, and if you were on his team he'd demand a standard of input from those around him. Jack could and should only continue to improve at this level and with his head screwed on could learn a lot about leadership.

He hasn't peaked, he has had a good 2nd half of the season. One thing I would give SB a lot of praise for is the amount of belief, and encouragement to Jack without putting too much pressure on him. Jack has played really well the 2nd half of the season because , he is the best player in the Championship, but he is 22 and to be as good as I think he can become, he needs to add more goals, and pick his passes a bit better. Hes not far off, but he won't develop at a mid table Prem team who would be under pressure not to get dragged in to a relegation fight.

He needs to stop at VP, a place he loves, where he is loved, where he can grow in confidence,If he goes, he goes, but he has been a joy to watch this year, so whatever he does, best wishes to him.

Just now, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He hasn't peaked, he has had a good 2nd half of the season. One thing I would give SB a lot of praise for is the amount of belief, and encouragement to Jack without putting too much pressure on him. Jack has played really well the 2nd half of the season because , he is the best player in the Championship, but he is 22 and to be as good as I think he can become, he needs to add more goals, and pick his passes a bit better. Hes not far off, but he won't develop at a mid table Prem team who would be under pressure not to get dragged in to a relegation fight.

He needs to stop at VP, a place he loves, where he is loved, where he can grow in confidence,If he goes, he goes, but he has been a joy to watch this year, so whatever he does, best wishes to him.

He was injured for almost all of the first half no? He's at a point where he won't develop further due to the shitness of those around him. He has to go and play with better players in order to improve. If he stays here he will regress. Obviously I hope he does stay, but from the perspective of his career he'd be insane to stay. If he goes to the right premier league club that plays the right kind of football I have no doubt he'll develop into an England international. 

That's why I said a good 2nd half of the season.,

Kodja isn't shit, and I don't think Green is either, I prefer Davis to Grabben, and I think Hepburn should be given a chance next year.For me our biggest problem has been that the central midfield pair don't win the ball quick enough, or are accurate enough with their passes to let Jack do his work.

I would have took Jack to Russia by the way.

• Confused 1

Watching the highlights on CH5 and the hatchet job Fulham did on him tells you his quality 

shame the ref wasn’t a bit firmer , not just the stamp but throughout  the game 

not just Villa’s best player but the best player on the pitch today 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was injured for almost all of the first half no? He's at a point where he won't develop further due to the shitness of those around him. He has to go and play with better players in order to improve. If he stays here he will regress. Obviously I hope he does stay, but from the perspective of his career he'd be insane to stay. If he goes to the right premier league club that plays the right kind of football I have no doubt he'll develop into an England international. 

Do not agree that he will regress, he is 22, his body is half a decade away from its prime and his mind and nous possibly a decade if all goes reasonably well.

He will only continue to improve by the standards he sets himself and the work that he puts in, it would take one very toxic environment or a poor coach for Jack to regress.

Others around him will determine how far the team can go, which is what it's all about, so I can understand the incentive to take on a new challenge.

That said there is a very real and unaccomplished challenge right here at this club.

I believe, due in part to the size of the club, but also depending on the right decisions being made, that there will be a challenge for Jack to improve on here for the rest of his career.

Jack,

you dont know me.  But I owe you an apology. I’ll keep it short and sweet. 

You have been the the best player on the pitch every game this year. You’ve been kicked pillar to post and stood up and been counted. I only wish we had more of you. 

I am very sorry i doubted you. 

All the best,

Dom 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Eastie said:

Depends who comes in for him - no point going to sit on the bench at one of the big 6 .

i think he may stay one more year .

It’s catch 22 for him.

He loves Villa, so can’t see him leaving for a low placed prem team, but then I can’t see him starting games for a high placed one.

Ive always said he’d stay until January and if we are in a strong position he’ll stay until the end of the season to get us up and then beyond if up. 

Bruces comments did sound like he is off though.

Â