The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Just been look at the FFP figures. Basically we need to raise £45m  - to me that means selling Jack and the selling won't end there. 

Depressing news - Grealish is the key to our promotion hopes , if he goes will be a big blow , could be a chance for o hare to step up but Grealish will go onto great things in my opinion . 

‘If I was him I’d be looking for better than leicester although I guess if he went there he wouldn’t have to move home .

would be a superb signing for someone like Everton 

10 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Well this is where we find out how serious Tony xia is.. It's easy to solve ffp.. Recon sponsors a stand for 50m. Done. 

I don't know if this is a joke, but it certainly isn't that easy. If only it was that simple.

If it were me, as a villa fan, I wouldn't move to Leicester. They're not going to win anything anytime soon, and I'd want to stay at my 'own' club. 

The only thing that would convince me to go would be a move to a club that's Likley to win things, on a stellar contract ;such as man utd, man city, Chelsea etc. 

On the England thing, the world cup is this year, and he's not in the squad, so another year at villa isn't going to harm the chances of getting into the next tournament. He could still do a year, and and then look at moving if we don't make promotion next year. Then he'd still have a year at a prem club to work on his place in the England squad. 

The danger of moving to a top 6 prem club at the moment are he is very unlikey to be first choice, and probably not even second choice. There are a few players that have moved to man City and ruined the careers.. 

2 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

I don't know if this is a joke, but it certainly isn't that easy. If only it was that simple.

Well it's a bit of a joke but also not really... How do man city do it? 

Its all through sponsorship. 

Just now, richp999 said:

It is through sponsorship. And we're clearly trying to do similar things (training ground sponsorship, rumours that Recon will be shirt sponsors next year)

But you can't just sponsor a stand for whatever amount you want.

There has to be a precedent as I understand it. So if someone else of our stature has sponsored a stand for £50m then we're fine to do the same.

Going a bit of topic now, but it seems we always seem to be the club who have to play by the rules... 

We just need to look and see how man city get around it - or did.. 

They have endless cash to invest and there's no chance they generate that money from shirt and ticket sales. 

Look at what wolves have just done.. 

If we need to find a way around it I'm sure we can. 

The real underlying issue is whether the money is really there or not. 

• Like 2

If he's gonna go then fair enough. I just hope we get a fair fee because I'm sick and tired of us getting mugged off when it comes to transfer fees for one of our own players. We always get the shit end of the stick. 

Just now, richp999 said:

Yep, a £400m Etihad ground sponsorship all but secured FFP clearance, sometimes it just is that simple, however, I have no doubt Villa will be ostracized for doing it.

On topic, am I right in thinking Jack is yet to play a complete season due to injury/form/drunken shenanigans? He has been outstanding this season but I still feel he "owes us" a full term, I genuinely think it's down to him and him alone if he feels the same, personally, I think he'll stay but money talks at the end of the day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It is through sponsorship. And we're clearly trying to do similar things (training ground sponsorship, rumours that Recon will be shirt sponsors next year)

But you can't just sponsor a stand for whatever amount you want.

There has to be a precedent as I understand it. So if someone else of our stature has sponsored a stand for £50m then we're fine to do the same.

OK.. I don't know enough about the ffp rules, but this must be open to 'who is a club of our stature?' 

Id argue its man city. ?

We've won more, probably got more fans etc... 

But more seriously there *must *be ways around this. 

5 minutes ago, richp999 said:

If it were me, as a villa fan, I wouldn't move to Leicester. They're not going to win anything anytime soon, and I'd want to stay at my 'own' club. 

The only thing that would convince me to go would be a move to a club that's Likley to win things, on a stellar contract ;such as man utd, man city, Chelsea etc. 

On the England thing, the world cup is this year, and he's not in the squad, so another year at villa isn't going to harm the chances of getting into the next tournament. He could still do a year, and and then look at moving if we don't make promotion next year. Then he'd still have a year at a prem club to work on his place in the England squad. 

The danger of moving to a top 6 prem club at the moment are he is very unlikey to be first choice, and probably not even second choice. There are a few players that have moved to man City and ruined the careers.. 

Grealish wanting or not wanting to stay is only part of the problem. We need to raise cash.

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

OK.. I don't know enough about the ffp rules, but this must be open to 'who is a club of our stature?' 

Id argue its man city. ?

We've won more, probably got more fans etc... 

But more seriously there *must *be ways around this. 

Well you can argue that but I don't think you'd win the argument.

4 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Going a bit of topic now, but it seems we always seem to be the club who have to play by the rules... 

We just need to look and see how man city get around it - or did.. 

They have endless cash to invest and there's no chance they generate that money from shirt and ticket sales. 

Look at what wolves have just done.. 

If we need to find a way around it I'm sure we can. 

The real underlying issue is whether the money is really there or not. 

Playing devils advocate look at QPR - they have been fined £40m for breaching FFP.

Did anyone watch the Sky buildup before the game? I couldn't hear it in the pub but it showed Southgate and Sherwood on a feature about Grealish. Could anyone tell me what they were saying about him? I don't know if they were recent quotes or older ones though.

Hate saying this as I love him as a player and love our club but for the sake of his career development he probabally should leave rather than waste another season in the EFL . Playing and training with better players and being coached by top coaches will bring his game on more than another season here under our new financial constraints. Sad times and a sad indictment of how badly we have been managed both on and off the pitch for far too long. The Lerner hangover and bad smell lingers and Xia and co also have to take their share of the blame. Both owners gambled and failed and now we may have to sell one of own who wants to stay down to their collective failings. 

Just bad timing really. The brightest talent we've had in years (and with a decent chance of keeping if we were still in Prem given his roots) and we're lingering in The Championship. :(

Â