The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It does feel like he's hardly played for us though. I know he's had injuries etc, but when you look back at how good he was under Sherwood and that was over 3 years ago, it does make you think...what's happened in those 3 years since?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It does feel like he's hardly played for us though. I know he's had injuries etc, but when you look back at how good he was under Sherwood and that was over 3 years ago, it does make you think...what's happened in those 3 years since?

If Wikipedia is correct(probably not updated) he has played 104 games for us in total in 4 seasons (1 appearance in 13-14). Thats not bad but chester has about half that in one season playing every league game

Grealish should be challenged to play a full season for us before changing clubs.

7 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Heard a whisper that Grealish to ManUre is in negotiation with him being loaned back to us next season.

Hopefully just BS.

That sort of deal did cross my mind...only way I could see it not happening is that Jose would want him getting PL experience.

8 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

There's no way mourinho will be interested in signing grealish, he has much better available to him currently and there is much better available in the market. 

I disagree. Grealish's ceiling is clearly very high. His speed of decision-making will improve in time but technically he is excellent and United spent £30m on Jones/Shaw before this market was heavily inflated. Grealish is as good as each of those players at the time and is also an attacking player (i.e. traditionally more expensive).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Imagine he was to help get us up next year then had to go back to United.  It would be even more galling.

I'd take it over leaving him permanently now to be honest. Want another season of watching him.

33 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I disagree. Grealish's ceiling is clearly very high. His speed of decision-making will improve in time but technically he is excellent and United spent £30m on Jones/Shaw before this market was heavily inflated. Grealish is as good as each of those players at the time and is also an attacking player (i.e. traditionally more expensive).

Phil Jones was a stand out defender for Blackburn and went for 15 million luke Shaw was doing it at Southampton in the premeir league and looked really special. Grealish has half a season here in the Championship where he's been alright plus a couple of special moments. Theres no way utd spend 30 million on that especially with a contract up in 2 years the deal would make no sense. 

Just now, holteend1982 said:

Phil Jones was a stand out defender for Blackburn and went for 15 million luke Shaw was doing it at Southampton in the premeir league and looked really special. Grealish has half a season here in the Championship where he's been alright plus a couple of special moments. Theres no way utd spend 30 million on that especially with a contract up in 2 years the deal would make no sense. 

Only time will tell!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Certainly wouldn’t sell him for less than £20m and if he went for that we should insist on a buy on clause as I feel he will go all the way in his career .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Imagine he was to help get us up next year then had to go back to United.  It would be even more galling.

That would be a remarkable piece of deal making - giving us the cash injection we need and the player for another year. 

Seems unlikely to me though.

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Selling for £20m would be a travesty.

I agree but we are not in a strong bargaining position - clubs know we need money and will try and bleed us dry 

If he wants to go then that's a different thing.

If he wants to stay there is no way we should sell him.

I believe Benteke is our club record sale at £32.5m.

And prices have gone up not down. £75m for Van Dijk for example.

Championship club or not is the player worth it and is he under contract somewhere else? £20m? Get real people.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

If he wants to go then that's a different thing.

If he wants to stay there is no way we should sell him.

I believe Benteke is our club record sale at £32.5m.

And prices have gone up not down. £75m for Van Dijk for example.

Championship club or not is the player worth it and is he under contract somewhere else? £20m? Get real people.

In an ideal world you are right - but if finances dictate he needs to be sold then we are not in a position to play hardball - I’d think £25m would be reasonable but we may well have to sell for less if it comes to it - clubs are aware of our predicament and will not pay over the odds . 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

In an ideal world you are right - but if finances dictate he needs to be sold then we are not in a position to play hardball - I’d think £25m would be reasonable but we may well have to sell for less if it comes to it - clubs are aware of our predicament and will not pay over the odds . 

Not buying into the doom and gloom sorry. The complications are pretty obvious but the extent of the problem is a complete unknown. Everyone is having a wobble about and article quoting a £45m shortfall. If that figure is correct (and I have my own reservations about that) why would we bend over for half of that figure it makes no sense?

I can think of many different ways of raising £20m in player sales than selling your talismanic best player from the youth team in a generation for a fraction of his worth. Delph's £5m release clause was a travesty in a rising market. People are talking like we have no say in the matter whereas Bruce's last comment on the matter was

"I think I can safely say £20m would not buy his right leg at the moment that is for sure" 21/4/18

IF he wants to go shall we start the bidding at a club record £40m then?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Not buying into the doom and gloom sorry. The complications are pretty obvious but the extent of the problem is a complete unknown. Everyone is having a wobble about and article quoting a £45m shortfall. If that figure is correct (and I have my own reservations about that) why would we bend over for half of that figure it makes no sense?

I can think of many different ways of raising £20m in player sales than selling your talismanic best player from the youth team in a generation for a fraction of his worth. Delph's £5m release clause was a travesty in a rising market. People are talking like we have no say in the matter whereas Bruce's last comment on the matter was

"I think I can safely say £20m would not buy his right leg at the moment that is for sure" 21/4/18

IF he wants to go shall we start the bidding at a club record £40m then?

We are dictated by what bids come in.

If we are hard pressed for finances and the only Grealish bid is £20m  - we would have to consider it.

as for selling other fringe players, great - but again you are reliant on bids coming in.

Â