The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Yup, I don't really see a positive return on selling Grealish, even for a significant sum. We would struggle to replace him with better, but we could in theory get 2 or three decent players for the money we could recoup. 

Honestly I don't think we need one or two decent players, we need match winners, and Jack's a match winner. 

The main problem is.....would we spend the money wisely?

We are much better off WITH Jack

• Like 2

On the basis that he’s not ready to play for a top 6 side yet, I hope he stays with us for next season. If he leaves because we are forced to cash in and he ends up at a Wolves/Leicester/Watford type club then it will be a sad day.

We’ll never know what might have been if he’d had a full season this year but hopefully another season in the championship is good for his development. If he can improve the end product then he could take his pick of clubs in a years time and I doubt many people would begrudge him that opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Newcastle be a good destination for him if Rafa stays. Shelvey supplying him would benefit him so much

I don't think I could cope with the Geordies gloating about how our prized asset left us to join them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Sorry but he is another Gabby, Massively overrated but loved by people because he is local and runs around a lot. He is part of the problem, Not part of the solution.

I agree a lot of our fans over rate him massively, he's decent and has good potential, he's nowhere near top quality yet nor is he worth the 30 plus million people seem to think we could get for him but to say he is part of the problem is completely false, we could easily build a team over the next few years with him as the centre piece providing he keeps up with the improvements he's been showing. 

For what it's worth I think we'd be looking at around 15-20 million for him with add ons if we are lucky, his contract is up in just under 2 years so we would have to be careful of any bids we also reject. 

• Like 1

Losing him would be a disaster, both for ability and moral (the fans for sure, probably some of the team).

All I want to see now is a new forum member called Kelvin Gearlish with a first post that reads "my hands aren't hairy but I'm told he's staying (wink, wink)".  

I hate to say this but if Jack Grealish wants to progress his career as a footballer, that is win stuff, play for England earn obscene amounts of money, etc, then he won't do it with Villa any time soon.

He may decide to look to a Premier League team to achieve this, he may well get less game time though but at least he will have the protection of better match officials in the Prem league, unlike on Saturday and throughout this season in the Championship where match officials have been most of the time been appalling.

Regards to all

Del

I think if we can't keep him for at least next year, we can forget about a promotion push. 

Even if 30m plus is offered, which it won't, what would we do with it? 

We couldn't attract any player of Jack's quality to come, so we end up with 2-3 players who may/may not work out, and won't have the impact Jack has. 

I have heard from a round about source Leicester are confident of signing him, and with mahrez looking like he's going to man city they could look at jack as a cut price replacement. 

If I were jack I wouldn't go to Leicester, but I'm more concerned about a man utd interest. 

They wouldn't even need to offer that much cash, they would easily turn Jack's head. 

Im not sure what deal he's on, but if I were the club the first thing I'd do is double his money and get him on a 5 year deal. 

We get a shot at next year and a much bigger price if we need to sell the end next year. 

Â