The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Really needs to nail down a position now and give a consistant end product and be more influential in games.

We saw glimmers here and there last year, a few long rangers into the top corner and other games when he'd come on and be a class apart...Burton at home second half.

For the promise he showed it's not enough though. I'm not unconvinced by him centrally, think he's better drifting in from the left where he had the best spell breaking through.

Big season ahead but then I typed exactly the same twelve months back.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Big season ahead but then I typed exactly the same twelve months back.

As did I, and a fair few others IIRC. It's starting to feel ever so unlikely with every year that passes, and I'd probably look to offload him if he doesn't come good this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

As did I, and a fair few others IIRC. It's starting to feel ever so unlikely with every year that passes, and I'd probably look to offload him if he doesn't come good this season.

One of the players that would probably attract interest if we did sell , however I hope he has a great season and really establishes himself at villa - has stood still the last 2 seasons , now needs to step up .

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

One of the players that would probably attract interest if we did sell , however I hope he has a great season and really establishes himself at villa - has stood still the last 2 seasons , now needs to step up .

Agreed. We are desperate for a player of Jack's ilk as it stands, and nothing would satisfy me more than to see him finally make it.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Won't progress enough under Bruce in my opinion. Completely the wrong type of manager/system for him.

I think you're probably right.

As much as I'd like to stick by Bruce, I just don't see much improvement and I'm starting to think he has no idea how to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal.
Villa have an uncanny ability to sign another team's best player and make them shit overnight.

there were times last season where bruce dropped him for away games, agree that he needs to nail down a place and find consistency and keep his confidence going but the reality is he's not going to do it if he plays once every 2 weeks

we arent going to play him in a way that makes him look decent

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Interesting that Jake Hayes was wearing Jacks number 40 tonight.

Could mean 1 of 2 things.. 

Was one of those things that it was actually Jack Grealish but he has had extensive surgury during the summer and changed his name by deed pole in an attempt to re invent himself and thus prove himself once and for all to the Villa faithfull ?

• Like 1

I think there's too many rose tinted glasses on when it comes to Grealish, he is an ok footballer, but I highly doubt he will ever improve above his current ability, he has flashes of brilliance and months of nothing.

Green I can see more potential in. 

• Like 2

Thing is he is still only 21 and for the most part has played in our most dysfunctional teams we've seen. I really think he needs to step up now but I wouldn't be too quick to call this season his last chance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I think there's too many rose tinted glasses on when it comes to Grealish, he is an ok footballer, but I highly doubt he will ever improve above his current ability, he has flashes of brilliance and months of nothing.

A few poor performances from Green and some fans will be saying the same of him. 

10 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Green has done nothing so far. Grealish has helped win a FA Cup Semi Final. Has not been consistent but there is quality there.

Grealish did have a good game in the semi-finals but I feel Green gave the team more balance last season and Grealish needs to add consistency if he is to fulfill the obvious potential we can all see. (well I think we can all see it?)

If he added that last element to his game then no doubt we'd be worried about losing him but at the moment I don't feel he'd be a big loss, (how many clubs are chasing him this window?) assuming any transfer would have a significant sell on clause, just in case!

Â