The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Thing is, he looks so comfortable you sometimes wonder if he's still awake.

Agreed, he has got into a very bad habit of slowing everything down and playing at a tempo as if it was an u23 fixture.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Agreed, he has got into a very bad habit of slowing everything down and playing at a tempo as if it was an u23 fixture.

Absolutely spot on. Plays like it's a kick about with his mates in the park. 

4 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Sod it. Im calling it. Grealish is going to have an excellent season this year. Another year older and wiser, hasnt been up to any nonsense this summer, looked focused in pre-season (admittedly one 45 minute game). Also, I think I remember an interview where he spoke of how sucky it was to be in the championship and seeing employees getting laid off at VP etc. so he will be determined to help the team out of it this year.

Also I think the team as a whole will be better balanced with the new additions and we may just be able to afford to give Jack a bit of a license to roam a bit more

So there you go. Neck stuck out, colours nailed to mast, head above parapet. This will be an awesome year for Jack

Yes, I think people forget his age sometimes.

• Like 1

I agree with the thoughts here. I find Grealish so frustrating. He plays too slowly and it gives the opposition time to regroup and follow/catch up with runners. The frustrating part is that I don't think he's slow he just doesn't run. **** RUN JACK!!!!!! Put a bit of pressure on the opposition. Some manager must have noticed this by now. 

• Like 2

Gabby payed the ball off for him just outside the box and it was perfect to take a shot but he took a touch and the ball was easily taken from him. He nearly always try's to take too many touches for me and slows do the play or has it taken from him!

Looked fairly bright today in the limited time on the pitch albeit still with the tendency to take too many touches. If we're going to persist with this formation we need him fit as we're really short of options for the man in behind the striker. 

On 18/07/2017 at 22:06, Junxs said:

Interesting that Jake Hayes was wearing Jacks number 40 tonight.

Could mean 1 of 2 things.. 

They have 2 shirts with 40 on.

• Haha 1

he tied together our good work going forward until he came off. there will always be frustrating moments. we need to persist, especially as we have no one else who plays in a similar role. Do we really want to put a Lansbury or Bjarnasson shaped peg into the hole? 

I read a lot of frustration about our attacking play, no incision, ponderous, no link to the striker. Well Jack is the best option we have to provide that from the middle, even if he sometimes plays too much.

He needs a good run of competitive games to be more consistent and make better decisions. Patience will bear fruit, I'm sure of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Didn't impose himself on the game. Seemed to go down too easily and not even sure why he was took to hospital (if he is genuinely injured fair enough, but didn't seem too be)

The paradox here is , if you don't give as good as you get.....you will become a target and you can end up getting hurt.

I worry for Jack

It did bother me that Jack went down 3 or 4 times before he went off. As if he was looking for a booking and a free kick. In a friendly it's all a bit unnecessary. Now though I'm beginning to wonder if he wasn't right from the start of the match and was a bit laboured due to coming back into training later and being behind in pre season. Might just be a niggling injury from over-exerting himself to catch up with the other lads fitness. 

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

It did bother me that Jack went down 3 or 4 times before he went off. As if he was looking for a booking and a free kick. In a friendly it's all a bit unnecessary. Now though I'm beginning to wonder if he wasn't right from the start of the match and was a bit laboured due to coming back into training later and being behind in pre season. Might just be a niggling injury from over-exerting himself to catch up with the other lads fitness. 

Looked like his ribs , hopefully not serious .

If it is his ribs then it's something that he will always have trouble with. I did my ribs 7 years ago playing football and I've had trouble with them a number of times since. Hopefully it's not.

Â