The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He did some good things while he was on.. but again just doesnt do enough for me.  He needs to be getting in the box more or taking shots. Not just turning and falling over everytime someone breathes near him so he gets a free kick

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

He did some good things while he was on.. but again just doesnt do enough for me.  He needs to be getting in the box more or taking shots. Not just turning and falling over everytime someone breathes near him so he gets a free kick

He needs more support but he also needs to learn how to hold the ball up and play a sensible pass at times - his big downfall is still his final third production. 

2 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

If it is his ribs then it's something that he will always have trouble with. I did my ribs 7 years ago playing football and I've had trouble with them a number of times since. Hopefully it's not.

But did you go and get them treated by the world's top rib expert followed up by intensive medical care and monitoring and continuous sessions with highly qualified physiotherapists. 

I don't think footballers health care these days can be compared to real world NHS treatment.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

What a fancy-haircut little pansy, blah blah.

It looked a poor challenge from Cleverley, don't know if it was the initial impact or the awkward landing after.

I thought it was Jack's own fault, he hesitated going up for a header and so got their second then landed badly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I thought it was Jack's own fault, he hesitated going up for a header and so got their second then landed badly.

just watched again as I wasn't sure, I think you're mixed up with a different moment. The ball bounced away from a corner and with the ball hanging in the air, Jack jumps and heads the ball way ahead of Cleverley who is on the ground - Cleverly turns his face away and clatters into Jack while he's still in the air.

heres a clip to add colour to my description

1h 14m 07s if the time stamp doesn't work

Edited by a m ole

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

just watched again as I wasn't sure, I think you're mixed up with a different moment. The ball bounced away from a corner and with the ball hanging in the air, Jack jumps and heads the ball way ahead of Cleverley who is on the ground - Cleverly turns his face away and clatters into Jack while he's still in the air.

Fair enough, will take your word for it I've only seen it once at the game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But did you go and get them treated by the world's top rib expert followed up by intensive medical care and monitoring and continuous sessions with highly qualified physiotherapists. 

I don't think footballers health care these days can be compared to real world NHS treatment.

No I didn't, damn maybe I have have done that.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

heres a clip to add colour to my description

1h 14m 07s if the time stamp doesn't work

This is how I saw it too. What I don't get is the comments saying it's his own fault or he's not strong enough. In almost every game he plays he gets kicked around and he carries on. Questioning his attitude and if he's really injured seems odd to me.

Additionally, he's a player who tries to play the game. I'd rather see him protected a bit more than him getting crunched by opponents at every opportunity. 

Yesterdays challenge was pretty poor by cleverley I thought and somewhat unnecessary in a pre season game. On that note the number of times it threatened to boil over was a bit odd yesterday with players squaring up etc. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Word doing the rounds is that he has damaged his liver ..... and isn't too good. Hope that is wrong but several people spreading that word !

We talking about mcormack?

• Haha 1

Whatever the problem, get well / healed Jack. Would be typical Villa for us to have trickles of optimism at the dawn of new season and almost like De Laet have a man down at start of season, hopefully not long term this time.

I have been critical of Jack in the past for on and off the pitch stuff, but another setback in his career and a wait for him to recover is not welcome. All I want from this lad, is for when he gets game time, to be a success, whatever position it is. To grow and consistently develop, realise his talent, he's young but not that young. Many his age are first XI'ers by his age with maybe 100 starts minimum, sort of like Will Hughes we saw.

Clearly has talent, at times himself doesn't seem to know how best to use it and managers who don't seem to know either. Don't want to see this lad's stop / start career keep being disrupted or missing the boat for first X1 selections too much more. 

Get well, get fit, be ready when you're better Jack because if things go tits up this season we are gonna need you firing son, better than you have ever been! And if by some voodoo magic we're top two and flying by the time of your return, then the bar is raised higher and you'll have to work even harder to break back into the team. Good luck lad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

Several of the villa Facebook groups.

Oh man. I was hoping it was from an unreliable source, not Facebook where it is impossible for false news and rumour to spread like wildfire. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â