The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Ciaran Clark is down here quite regularly, why couldn't the drinks & getogether be at the Belfry or Broad st.

Jack has no relationship with Dwight Gayle etc and all they will be doing is wallowing in Newcastles Win and possibly Ciarans escape from Alcatraz sorry BMH......sorry can just imagine the Banter.....does any competing player want to sit through another teams glory......seems strange to me.

I could never envisage Ferguson or mourinho being happy with that.....and I don't think Villa personel would be either.

I could be wrong.....its been known:)

Times have changed. We see opposition players hugging each other in the tunnel before coming out. I don't know why but  players have far more power and money than they used to and it all just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Nothing against Grealish having a drink but  not with the Newcastle players to celebrate their promotion. No pride!

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Jack has no relationship with Dwight Gayle etc 

how do you know that?

gayle went on holiday with gabby and micah richards last summer, neither of them have ever been his team mate, he now plays with clark and they're not in the photo but he does play U21s with 2 newcastle players

can remember the pics a few years back when rio ferdinand took jack out for a meal after a game for whatever reason

i do at times get the impression that theres a bit of a football society behind closed doors going on, i wouldnt be surprised if most of them know each other, id also like to think that because its behind closed doors jack would probably be better off with that crowd than the other "mates" he seems to have

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Last summer, he took his own fitness coach with him to Dubai. And after being given permission for extra time off before pre season he decided against it and came back with the majority of the team.

You putting an awful lot of judgement on a picture. A picture that wasn't even posted on social media by him. 

The reactions to this kid at times are ridiculous. 

You were worse with Gil. Jack isn't fit enough and needs more time in the gym for upper body strength. Im not judging it on one photo but more because of two below average seasons. We all know he has ability.. his lack of success is due to attitude. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KSV said:

You were worse with Gil. Jack isn't fit enough and needs more time in the gym for upper body strength. Im not judging it on one photo but more because of two below average seasons. We all know he has ability.. his lack of success is due to attitude. 

You clearly are going by the photo as it was the photo that led to your over the top posts. 

Haha what has Gil got to do with it? 

Are people really getting their panties in a twist because of a photograph? It's not even a story.

**** hell, they need to get a life and maybe get upset about something that is worth getting upset about.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You clearly are going by the photo as it was the photo that led to your over the top posts. 

Haha what has Gil got to do with it? 

It's not just the photo. The photo is just added to his shit attitude which has occurred throughout the last two seasons. Anyway.. it is what it is. 

• 4 weeks later...

Its easy to forget he's still young enough to be in the u21 squad, I've been fairly critical of Jack (maybe not here, but in general) because he just doesn't seem to have any end product, all style no substance, but he still has a long time before reaching his peak so probably would be unwise to write him off so soon. 

Having seen him play this and last season he hasn't been great, but compared to say Barry Bannan or Marc Albrighton at the same age he's probably been better than Bannan and around par with Albrighton, and both have grown into decent players now, so it's probably not worth leaping to judgement on him just yet

• Like 1

Next season is huge for him. It's pointless having ability if there's a lack of application on and off the field.

That picture doesn't bother me, through youth internationals and such, friendships will be there between players from different clubs. 

The problem is that Jack doesn't seem to work hard enough off the ball at present, he wants time he isn't afforded on the ball and when he loses possession the reaction isn't to try and win it back, it's to physically go, 'hmmphh'. 

Fans will get behind players who try creative/ambitious stuff so long as put in a bit of an effort if it doesn't come off. 

There are tricksters and Sunday league footballers who can do magic with a ball but it counts for sweet feck all of there's not the work off the ball. 

Tricks and speed can only get you so far. 

I think Jack needs to keep it simple at times and remember it's a team game too and understand that drawing out defenders and passing is probably more effective than trying to skin everybody. 

He's still young and learning but he really needs to start showing he's learning because at the moment we just have a show pony who can turn it on occasionally and seem like we're down to 10 men at other times. 

Nobody wants to stifle creative players but it's simply not enough to be tricky anymore. The fitness levels of your average footballer these days is insanely good compared to the 90's/00's. 

I'm not saying Jack is out of shape or isn't an athlete but he needs to show it when he doesn't have the ball at this feet. That's the true test because fans will only fall for the flashy stuff for so long. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 03:13, Wezbid said:

Next season is huge for him. It's pointless having ability if there's a lack of application on and off the field.

That picture doesn't bother me, through youth internationals and such, friendships will be there between players from different clubs. 

The problem is that Jack doesn't seem to work hard enough off the ball at present, he wants time he isn't afforded on the ball and when he loses possession the reaction isn't to try and win it back, it's to physically go, 'hmmphh'. 

Fans will get behind players who try creative/ambitious stuff so long as put in a bit of an effort if it doesn't come off. 

There are tricksters and Sunday league footballers who can do magic with a ball but it counts for sweet feck all of there's not the work off the ball. 

Tricks and speed can only get you so far. 

I think Jack needs to keep it simple at times and remember it's a team game too and understand that drawing out defenders and passing is probably more effective than trying to skin everybody. 

He's still young and learning but he really needs to start showing he's learning because at the moment we just have a show pony who can turn it on occasionally and seem like we're down to 10 men at other times. 

Nobody wants to stifle creative players but it's simply not enough to be tricky anymore. The fitness levels of your average footballer these days is insanely good compared to the 90's/00's. 

I'm not saying Jack is out of shape or isn't an athlete but he needs to show it when he doesn't have the ball at this feet. That's the true test because fans will only fall for the flashy stuff for so long. 

I'm sure I've read this exact same thing now for the past two years. I wholeheartedly agree, but I do despair and don't think he'll develop further.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJT123 said:

Bit disappointing that he can't get into the England U21 side. Was looking forward to seeing him play in this tournament. 

Too be fair when the likes of Gray and Redmond can't either, it says more about he manager than the player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Too be fair when the likes of Gray and Redmond can't either, it says more about he manager than the player.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure what that starting line-up was all about the other day. Seems like England managers at any level try to find new and inventive ways of not playing their strongest 11.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KJT123 said:

Bit disappointing that he can't get into the England U21 side. Was looking forward to seeing him play in this tournament. 

He may play in later matches? Maybe still being punished a little for that late appearance at the team talk?

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, I don't know why I'd pick him for England U21's after that season.  I'm pretty surprised he made the squad.

He can make something out of nothing even when playing badly. I can see why you have someone like that in the squad. 

Could quite easily be coached into a pretty good player.

Needs more urgency to his game, and needs to learn running patterns and how to better slot into a team tactics.

He's still playing like a schoolyard star rather than an actual footballer.

Players with much less talent get much more out of their game simply down to application.

• Like 1

his form for the U21s has been very good, put him in a team with runners around him and people moving off the ball, as well as playing him in the middle behind the strikers and i think he's got something like 2 goals and 4 assists in 6 games for england, MOTM a couple of times too

but boothroyd seems to be nailing the english tradition of having a great qualifying campaign playing decent football before deciding to change the formation and shape of the team during the tournament to a boring clueless team

• Like 1

Â