The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

He can make something out of nothing even when playing badly. I can see why you have someone like that in the squad. 

He's barely shown it and hasn't played well this season really.  He's certainly got the potential just not sure he's shown it yet.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Could quite easily be coached into a pretty good player.

Needs more urgency to his game, and needs to learn running patterns and how to better slot into a team tactics.

He's still playing like a schoolyard star rather than an actual footballer.

Players with much less talent get much more out of their game simply down to application.

Spot on. Think he lacks fitness too. Study the game or players in similar positions. He has gone backwards since he came into the side. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

He's barely shown it and hasn't played well this season really.  He's certainly got the potential just not sure he's shown it yet.

I agree he hasn't shown much. But look at this goal against Fulham and Wigan. He's got it in him to pull something special out. Not many players do. In a squad and have a couple of players who have that potential, not to play every game but maybe have a special moment during the tournament. 

The leagues have been littered with players who can do special things in single moments.

what makes a proper player is consistency.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The leagues have been littered with players who can do special things in single moments.

what makes a proprer player is consistency.

Yes I'm not convinced anymore he is going to be the player I originally thought he was. there has been so many false dawns with players that have come through our academy. He may not even be the player that Barry Bannan is. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes I'm not convinced anymore he is going to be the player I originally thought he was. there has been so many false dawns with players that have come through our academy. He may not even be the player that Barry Bannan is. 

Errr, he's 21 years old. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Errr, he's 21 years old. 

and yes, its a fair comment, but we just have to be wary of saying that every season on an incremental basis.

We have had players in the past ripping it up at that age and winning player of the year awards.....we know all players are not the same and that examples exist for early and late starters.

but equally the over hype he attracts from some quarters, encourages the criticism, I'm afraid.....perhaps, both parties are wrong.

I think it best to leave him alone and see where he lands.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Errr, he's 21 years old. 

I know but he is no better now than he was at 19 , in fact he has gone backwards a bit. That's the problem. Next season he has to do it. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I know but he is no better now than he was at 19 , in fact he has gone backwards a bit. That's the problem. Next season he has to do it. 

I agree, this season he does need to build on what he achieved last season - but I think he will.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-19 at 15:52, KJT123 said:

Bit disappointing that he can't get into the England U21 side. Was looking forward to seeing him play in this tournament. 

He doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the u21 squad and im very surprised he is even on the bench. Very overrated player who will end up going the same way as Lee Hendrie if he doesn't sort himself out.

Edited by One For The Road

9 hours ago, One For The Road said:

He doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the u21 squad and im very surprised he is even on the bench. Very overrated player who will end up going the same way as Lee Hendrie if he doesn't sort himself out.

Hendrie scored 27 Premier League goals and got an England cap. The way he is tracking Jack will struggle to get near that. He's still very young though, have faith.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Hendrie scored 27 Premier League goals and got an England cap. The way he is tracking Jack will struggle to get near that. He's still very young though, have faith.

Beat me to it, Hendrie did alot more than Jack is even close to.

• Like 1

Well this season must have been a massive reality check for Jack.

Not first choice for a very poor Villa side and not getting a look in with the England 21s is evidence of how much he has regressed.

It’s pretty much make or break next season.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Well this season must have been a massive reality check for Jack.

Not first choice for a very poor Villa side and not getting a look in with the England 21s is evidence of how much he has regressed.

It’s pretty much make or break next season.

I agree completely. Has showed glimpses but if your not able to consistently perform at this level he has no hope at premier league class.

No more excuses from him now enjoy your time off and knuckle down this season. Dont wanna see all the waving the hands around rubbish we saw last season.

• Like 1

The long will he or won't he indecision concerning Jack picking England over Ireland seems a touch irrelevant now as he has not been getting regular games for either England U21s nor Villa lately.   

Last season proved to be a lot harder for Jack than we and I guess he had anticipated. He now has to work at his game and to consistently produce the sort of display that he did in that FA Cup semi-final against Liverpool or at least something near it. He has shown he has the ability to play a big part in helping us to get out of this division and had a choice of two international sides who were fighting to get him to turn out for them not too long ago.

I'm sure Jack will not have enjoyed sitting on the bench in Poland and at Villa Park. During this close season and the season to come Jack needs to target starting every game for us and showing not just occasional glimpses of the talent he has but 90 minutes of it. Given his ability that should be well within his reach. I'm sure that Jack realises that he cannot afford to let another season pass him by.       

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:27, One For The Road said:

Tbf he does not look half the player Lee Hendrie was

Edited by MarkLillis
  • Like 1

Â