The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

25 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Wonder how he'll be feeling about his career progression if he misses out on the England squad?

I honestly do not think he cares one bit

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This thread is so funny. Just full of completely made up takes

This. 

If we resigned him this summer everyone would be bashing one out for a week straight in excitement. I always laugh at how quick he went from hero to zero for a lot of posters on here 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

This. 

If we resigned him this summer everyone would be bashing one out for a week straight in excitement. I always laugh at how quick he went from hero to zero for a lot of posters on here 😂

Its quite easy to see why people dont like him. Publicly revealed nearly signed United and Spurs while Mr Aston Villa

Anyway his skills have dwindled, he is finished and is not where we want to go. He be a sub here instead of a sub at City

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Hew done some good stuff for disadvantaged children. He's not a bad person and I think he's very likeable. Yes he's had a nothing season but not that it will happen but he'd be much more than a bench warmer at Villa

Edited by PaulC

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its quite easy to see why people dont like him. Publicly revealed nearly signed United and Spurs while Mr Aston Villa

Anyway his skills have dwindled, he is finished and is not where we want to go. He be a sub here instead of a sub at City

He'd start every game here to be honest

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

2021 Grealish would but 2024 Grealish wouldnt

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I personally dont think these trophies he has won at city comes close to him feep doen to when he got promoted with us at villa.

You could see how much that meant to him and he was a massive part of that. All the stuff at city he has contributed to winning those trophies has been very minimal. 

He has been a flop for me and i still maintain that. Citeh should try cash in this summer as he might still have a couple seasons left to atrract other clubs. Cant see people paying the wages if they leave it to next summer and then he will just leave on a free 

Someone might. If he does leave on a free, it would be interesting to see which club he would choose if he had offers from say Villa, Manchester United, Chelsea and PSG. We would like to think that he would come back to us in a heartbeat, but I'm not sure that he would. 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2021 Grealish would but 2024 Grealish wouldnt

I think he absolutely would. Look at the problems we've had on our left side this season.

He'd slot right in.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he absolutely would. Look at the problems we've had on our left side this season.

He'd slot right in.

I think our problems was because Ramsey was injured. I have seen enough from Ramsey/Rogers in that position than the current Grealish

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He didn't start every game for us when he was actually here. 

He'd be injured for a third of the season.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

He didn't start every game for us when he was actually here. 

He'd be injured for a third of the season.

I mean I didn’t literally mean every game. I meant he’d be “a starter” 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think our problems was because Ramsey was injured. I have seen enough from Ramsey/Rogers in that position than the current Grealish

Nah not for me. I think this is classic Villa fans “he’s left us so now he’s shit” stuff

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah not for me. I think this is classic Villa fans “he’s left us so now he’s shit” stuff

Have seen him play, Villa Grealish is dead and will never play that way again. He is 29 and the dynamism he had isnt there anymore. Has become the most boring wide player in history

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean I didn’t literally mean every game. I meant he’d be “a starter” 

Backtracking already eh?

Spoiler

I knew what you meant but couldn't resist taking the piss a bit.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Or maybe people just dont rate him anymore?

Cant speak for everyone else but i agree with zatman this 2024 grealish dont get won't be a starter in a  full strength unai team. 

The 2021 does without question 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I personally dont think these trophies he has won at city comes close to him feep doen to when he got promoted with us at villa.

You could see how much that meant to him and he was a massive part of that. All the stuff at city he has contributed to winning those trophies has been very minimal. 

He has been a flop for me and i still maintain that. Citeh should try cash in this summer as he might still have a couple seasons left to atrract other clubs. Cant see people paying the wages if they leave it to next summer and then he will just leave on a free 

He signed a six year deal in August 2021

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He wouldn't get the helmans deal playing for villa though 😜

But seriously he wouldn't get the Gucci deal and he definitely wouldn't get the record breaking puma deal 

I think city cash in when their growth because of him peaks, not a clue if that's happened yet, maybe they wait and see what the euros brings, as it is I don't think he'll play that much, their judgement on him and the £100m will be based on metrics we will never see 

And I said this before the biggest problem city have with jack is the year later they signed a proper global shirt seller in haaland, I'm not sure they need him anymore because of that 

Â