The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Have I missed something, is Jack Grealish an alcoholic? 

No they're just gone momentarily off topic :)  No-one has suggested Jack is an alco.  Not suggested it yet any way.  Shouldn't be too long.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TRO said:

unless you are :

• Paul McGrath
  • George Best
  • Paul Gascoine

and he isn't sadly.

Happily, I'd say. All three of them had/have an illness/addiction which ruins lives. One killed himself through it, the next is in real trouble and thankfully Paul McGrath seems to be happy and healthy. I hope so anyway.

17 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Have I missed something, is Jack Grealish an alcoholic? 

No ....just a player that get more headlines for alcohol related events ,than football.

......but lets see if Stevie can get the best out of him:)

Edited by TRO

Played his best game for us against Liverpool in the FA cup semi a couple of years ago.

It was a game where Delph did all his defending for him on the left, Cleverly did all the defending on the right and Jack dictated the game from the middle, drifting out wide occasionally. 

I think he is much better in a central role where he can defensively pressure the opposition but doesn't have to defend 1v1 in defensive areas.

• Like 1

I am still undecided.  For sure there is something special there but it's just glimpses. Best player this season?  Pull the other one. 

I also think he may be better in the middle.  MacNotScoremac is certainly out of sorts and Jack maybe a better option. 

I thought he was lucky today because but for injuries and suspensions I couldn't see him back in the team because of results without him. 

Obviously he did well for the penalty but overall I was hoping for much better. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Best player on the pitch today for us I thought .   He's much better playing in the hole then the wing.  Love the way he picks up the ball in pockets of space and always looks to do something positive .  

That's interesting...I see it completely differently.

I think he struggles to get into things centrally...the only things he was doing first half were chasing down back passes.

Second half he was drifting in more from the left...Sherwood got some good games out of him playing him in that position. I think at this moment in time he's better playing there but the crux of it is Ayew likes to play in the exact same space so that is another conundrum to solve!

Â