The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He was excellent on Friday night mate you won't hear we see say otherwise. The only thing us he has to consistently do it which he hasn't just yet. But I think now a lot of it has to do di Matteo. I have more faith that brucie will get it right with grealish as he actually seems to know dust he is doing !!

I know what you mean, he does need to find more consistency. I just seem to read that after every good performance, then after every average one it's back to only 1 or 2 decent games for the club. Not necessarily from yourself, just generally. 

I think he's wicked and he's getting better. You are also right though, a good manager who puts an arm around him and the right amount of faith in his ability without drowning him in praise will do him the world of good. He will find that consistency. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He was excellent on Friday night mate you won't hear we see say otherwise. The only thing us he has to consistently do it which he hasn't just yet. But I think now a lot of it has to do di Matteo. I have more faith that brucie will get it right with grealish as he actually seems to know dust he is doing !!

2 games in a row since he came back from suspension though

Young player playing as an attacking midfielder.

We need to keep playing him, get his confidence up, that's when the flair players are at their best.  He'll only get better the more he plays.  He'll have bad games, young players do, but we have to roll with those punches.  He's going to be a great player for us, and he'll get better throughout the season. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

A fair bit yes. Tore my knee ligaments on Friday night. You'll be reading a lot more of my bullshit over the coming weeks.

@dont_do_it_doug.

at your age you have to stop those wicked "drops of the shoulder - quick turns - long runs". Its not good for you

I keep having the same feeling with Jack as I do with Ayew, they're both talented, and they both do a lot of 'neat things', but in terms of actual end product, it's mostly just a lot of 'nice touches'. I'd love it if Jack where to 'come good', but just how long are we supposed to have to wait for this? Surely Cardiff at home now is the game where he'll finally deliver!? 

The best attacking players will win penalties. It isn't cheating. It isn't rocket science. The reason the best players win penalties, is they're half a second ahead of the player they're playing against.  The defender is tackling the space that was previously occupied by the attacking player, who has moved on. What was a clean tackle becomes a foul, and does so all game. The defender can't work it out. The opposition manager (Colin rocket polisher) thinks its "cheating". It's not. Its that the defender is being "tempted" into fouling making hasty ill timed tackles, and getting frustrated and thus his judgement becomes rash, because he's second best against a player all afternoon. That's what we have with Grealish.

I might not be Grealish's biggest fan, indeed a long way from it, but I think a lot of the on pitch criticism of him is unfair. He wins free kicks and penalties as he's faster than the player he's invariably up against, which means their ill timed interceptions continue to fail. 

Like George Best, you could kick him all afternoon, and still at some point in an hour and a half, some magic will occur which may win the game. 

• Like 4

He is head and shoulders above most players he is coming up against in this league. I love the way he takes the piss in a nonchalant fashion and you can see why the opposing players result to just constantly fouling him as he has way too much skill for them. I can imagine he is getting all sorts of verbal abuse as well from the opposition.

Fair play to him as he is stepping up to the plate this season and has had a big influence on a number of games and the more confident he gets the more that will be the case.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He is head and shoulders above most players he is coming up against in this league. I love the way he takes the piss in a nonchalant fashion and you can see why the opposing players result to just constantly fouling him as he has way too much skill for them. I can imagine he is getting all sorts of verbal abuse as well from the opposition.

Fair play to him as he is stepping up to the plate this season and has had a big influence on a number of games and the more confident he gets the more that will be the case.

I'll never forget the game against Hull ironically under Bruce. He came on as sub and they couldn't deal with him and resorted to kicking lumps out of him.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'll never forget the game against Hull ironically under Bruce. He came on as sub and they couldn't deal with him and resorted to kicking lumps out of him.

Crap video quality but I still remember and love that game.

The commentators love it too :D

• Like 3

and for all of those bozo's old enough to remember when players were not protected by refs in the same way, George Best used to get lumps kicked out of him every game.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Difference is Best used his balance to stay on his feet. Beautiful balance he had. That's why Grealish may become Great, but possible not "one of" the Greats.

Â