The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Why's he arrogant?

To be fair I think laughing in the face of a seasoned pro who you have just put on his arse in like your third game is touching towards arrogant:D

• Like 1

On 10/25/2016 at 13:00, bobzy said:

Cracking, isn't it.  Lose away from home, be 2 points off relegation - go out and get smashed.  But it's OK boys because you're not paid to be a great athlete or anything.  Out on Sunday, but you've got Monday to recover - yay!

God bless footballers.

You can choose to look at it that way, as is your right. The way I see it, on my way back from Preston I met a couple of nice lads who happen to be footballers admittedly drowning their sorrows on a Sunday afternoon before heading home at 5pm a full two days before training.

I had more of a conversation with the ex-Villa player than I did the current one. From what he told me he is/was having a horrible time of it at his club and I can only assume, given the timing, that so was our current player. Hopefully things have changed and their Sunday pint can be a celebratory one.  

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looks like he's being substituted after 35 minutes of tonight's reserve game, possibly injured.

Bugger.

Yes just saw that. Hopefully nothing serious and just a precaution as with Ayew and possibly Adomah out we will need him this week.

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Yes just saw that. Hopefully nothing serious and just a precaution as with Ayew and possibly Adomah out we will need him this week.

Absolutely. 

That said, we could still play McCormack behind Kodjia and Gestede with Gabby on the bench before we even start looking at some of the young talent we have - it's an embarrassment of riches going forwards thankfully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely. 

That said, we could still play McCormack behind Kodjia and Gestede with Gabby on the bench before we even start looking at some of the young talent we have - it's an embarrassment of riches going forwards thankfully.

Yes Green and RHM come back into the mix. It is unreal the amount of good forward players, for this level, that we have. If we had anything like the same riches in midfield we would be laughing.

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looks like he's being substituted after 35 minutes of tonight's reserve game, possibly injured.

Bugger.

Oh. I was just thinking when I came on here that he was a lucky boy and the injuries and suspensions had worked well for him personally.  Maybe not. 

Would've only had him as sub this weekend...I'm quite surprised he's started as many games as he has recently....gone off form and all the off the pitch stuff.

Be interesting what we do this weekend....options are a bit limited but yeah I think Kodjia and Gestede as front two with McCormack in a free role is worth a go aswell.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would've only had him as sub this weekend...I'm quite surprised he's started as many games as he has recently....gone off form and all the off the pitch stuff.

Gone off form? His last game before the ban was against Wolves, where he was our best player....

• Like 1

The injury appears to be nothing to worry about, he just needed a shit... 

Birmingham Mail

Jack Grealish was forced off with an upset stomach as he was given the opportunity to impress for Aston Villa’s U23s in front of the watching first-team boss Steve Bruce.

The Villa attacker was lively in the first half and looked a class act in the middle of the park until he departed on 39 minutes.

Grealish looked distressed and quickly told the officials that he needed to leave the field before darting down to tunnel, presumably to use the toilet.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Listened to Barnsley away and hardly heard him....went to Preston and hardly saw him....

played left wing in both games and struggled to get involved

The Villa attacker was lively in the first half and looked a class act in the middle of the park

im sure the barnsley, preston and wolves games all came around the time he won MOTM for england after getting 3 assists playing as a central attacking midfielder playing off a front 2 too, the england set up can see it, our reserve manager can see it, our first team manager never can...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Listened to Barnsley away and hardly heard him....went to Preston and hardly saw him....

He was decent first half against Barnsley before fading badly second. Listening to a game on the radio is absolutely no way to judge a player. Ever. 

• Like 2

On 10/24/2016 at 13:40, S-Platt said:

I like Grealish he has potential if he knuckles down, but when I compare him to players his own age it's worrying.  Nathan Redmond for instance started off at the shambles down the road and is looking a proper player these days. Jack should take note. Talent alone is not enough.

you are right unless you are :

• Paul McGrath
  • George Best
  • Paul Gascoine

and he isn't sadly.

Can you imagine it. The media would crucify McGrath (see what I did there!) today. Same with Gazza or Besty. Social media and clearings in the woods with smartphones would be posting every gory detail of their vices (they did a number on Gazza back then - imagine now). That's before we start to add in how much less socially acceptable it is nowadays. 

Although on a serious note, it is sad to see Gazza now. He looks terrible. He has bought it on himself though - but what a waste. Jack - take heed.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It wouldn't have worked out for them in this age, either.

probably not, but I'll bet they would have had a damn good go.

....of mixing both, that is.

Edited by TRO

Â