The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think we need admin to set some very specific rules about what can be discussed as everything seems to upset someone :lol: 

I'm not upset I just find it bizarre. Nobody else would be getting this attention regarding their love life. 

Seems like any excuse to have a dig

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Did that happen over the weekend then?

I'll be honest, it's not the first thing that comes to mind reading your posts in this thread.

Well, I apologise if I gave that impression… but I’ve got a good job, a great family, I’ve lived all over the world and have experienced a hell of a lot more than lots of people in my age bracket…

So no, my appreciation for the life I’ve led up until this point hasn’t happened just over the weekend…

I don’t get how my opinions towards a footballer (who couldn’t give a toss about my opinions anyway) should reflect on my appreciation for my life…

Would you be able to elaborate on that for me?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

Well, I apologise if I gave that impression… but I’ve got a good job, a great family, I’ve lived all over the world and have experienced a hell of a lot more than lots of people in my age bracket…

So no, my appreciation for the life I’ve led up until this point hasn’t happened just over the weekend…

I don’t get how my opinions towards a footballer (who couldn’t give a toss about my opinions anyway) should reflect on my appreciation for my life…

Would you be able to elaborate on that for me?

I'm teasing you, but also you do seem way too invested in hating the guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

I’ve lived all over the world and have experienced a hell of a lot more than lots of people in my age bracket…

And yet you repeatedly revile and mock Grealish for making the choice to move away from his home city in order to broaden his personal and professional horizons!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deck said:

And yet you repeatedly revile and mock Grealish for making the choice to move away from his home city in order to broaden his personal and professional horizons!

I repeatedly have said that had he left to go to France, Germany, Spain or Italy, I would have completely understood it…

55 minutes ago, deck said:

And try not to mock a whole city and its inhabitants in your come-back; the cosmopolitan well-travelled should be bigger than that.

I’ve been blessed to have only had to go to Manchester once in my life… for a Pearl Jam gig… And I’m over the moon that I haven’t had to go back to that bucket-of-piss-city since…

That was a month before I moved to Thailand… After that, I lived in South Korea, Egypt, Scotland and Norway…

and I was always a Villa fan… Even when we got relegated…

Never got tempted to wear a Man City shirt just because they had loads of money…

So yes… Choosing to ditch his boyhood club to move to Manchester I will mock and revile…

Had he waited for a move to Barcelona, Paris, Milan or similar, I would have wished him a far fonder fairwell

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Who gives a **** about who he's shagging?! :D 

You guys are like gossiping women reading OK magazine

I hate the rags. The kid is dumb if he though this wasn’t going to get out but who cares? I’m not talking about the morality of it as clearly his girlfriend cares, but I hate the way this is newsworthy. 

I’m still a bit sore about him leaving and can’t say I’m particularly bothered with how his footballing future pans out, but bashing him for having a fling is not for me. 

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

I’ve been blessed to have only had to go to Manchester once in my life… for a Pearl Jam gig… And I’m over the moon that I haven’t had to go back to that bucket-of-piss-city since…

That was a month before I moved to Thailand… After that, I lived in South Korea, Egypt, Scotland and Norway…

The first line says more about you than it does about Manchester, and develops out of the same sort of sweepingly dismissive view that would drive some City fans to jump on stuff like this about Birmingham: https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/birminghams-a-sh-thole-official.291971/ (nice, apart-from-the-flock comment at #11: "All big cities in this country are s**tholes[.] I'm sure most Brummies are decent people. This thread could/should be a sub-topic of the "Distribution of Wealth' thread. I do agree that the way they talk is sonic agony though.").  Like you, I've only visited Manchester once (bonus: Pearl Jam weren't playing there that day!), but can appreciate its cultural history.  Were any of your moves from one country to another driven by the offer of better pay or more challenging work?

Edited by deck
waffle

4 minutes ago, deck said:

The first line says more about you than it does about Manchester, and develops out of the same sort sweepingly dismissive view that would drive some City fans to jump on stuff like this about Birmingham: https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/birminghams-a-sh-thole-official.291971/ (nice, apart-from-the-flock comment at #11: "All big cities in this country are s**tholes[.] I'm sure most Brummies are decent people. This thread could/should be a sub-topic of the "Distribution of Wealth' thread. I do agree that the way they talk is sonic agony though.").  Like you, I've only visited Manchester once (bonus: Pearl Jam weren't playing there that day!), but nevertheless appreciate its cultural history.  I suppose some remain parochial, regardless of the amount of travelling they do. Were any of your moves from one country to another driven by the offer of better pay or more challenging work?

The job in South Korea was definitely paying more than I was earning in Thailand...
But then again, I had never been a boyhood fan of Thailand since I was a child... I had never always wanted to work there as a teacher and watched other teachers teach there... Wearing their uniforms with the teachers names on the back... My grandad never worked there... so I wasnt following in my familys footsteps or anything...

Nope... I moved to Thailand for sunshine, good food and adventure...

I was in Scotland studying, I did my research for my thesis in Egypt... so that was all very much unpaid and doing it for the experience...
Norway I was on a modest salary, but everything is so expensive over there anyway, so that kind of balanced out...

So to compare my moving circumstances where I travelled between different countries far away from eachother and sampled different cultures, learned new languages, tasted different cuisines...

to moving to Manchester from Birmingham (and going back on everything I claimed and had agreed to a year before while I was at it)...

Not quite the same is it pal?

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not upset I just find it bizarre. Nobody else would be getting this attention regarding their love life. 

Seems like any excuse to have a dig

I don’t really care who he shags, it’s just something to discuss as it’s in the national press and involves a famous TV personality.
When was the last time we had a current or ex-player with such a profile (and also provided so much material for the papers)?

15 minutes ago, deck said:

The first line says more about you than it does about Manchester, and develops out of the same sort sweepingly dismissive view that would drive some City fans to jump on stuff like this about Birmingham: https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/birminghams-a-sh-thole-official.291971/ (nice, apart-from-the-flock comment at #11: "All big cities in this country are s**tholes[.] I'm sure most Brummies are decent people. This thread could/should be a sub-topic of the "Distribution of Wealth' thread. I do agree that the way they talk is sonic agony though.").  Like you, I've only visited Manchester once (bonus: Pearl Jam weren't playing there that day!), but nevertheless appreciate its cultural history.  I suppose some remain parochial, regardless of the amount of travelling they do. Were any of your moves from one country to another driven by the offer of better pay or more challenging work?

and the fact that you go on Blue Moon and go out of your way to pay attention to what Mancs think...

Why bother? :D :D :D

5 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Not quite the same is it pal?

There's bound to have been a number of Mancs among the thousand-and-one TEFL or backpack Brits clogging up Thailand in recent times, so maybe more similar than it once would've been.

Â