The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm trying to put a positive spin on various areas of this deal and one thing I will say is that I hope we're never this reliant on one player again.

If we were to (for example) bring in a great number 10 now, a front four of Bailey, Watkins, Buendia and a newbie in whatever configuration Deano sees fit would still be superior to Grealish, Barkley, Traore and Watkins. We need to use the money to elevate key areas of our squad as opposed to having £100m sat out on the left wing with a gigantic disparity in the level of quality of his understudy.

It would also be nice to have someone who doesn't miss 10-15 games per season for having some weird shin injury that no one at the club is willing to talk about.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well to stick to your analogy, the new company contains some of the best workers in the world at the job, including your idol who you based your entire career around emulating. The company regularly win all of the awards which you are a direct part of. The company is run by one of the best bosses of all time, with top notch facilities. The new company also has loads of those fans that the old company has. And yes, they're giving you a huge pay rise.

As someone who’s working at a company that is in the process of doubling in size - it **** sucks.

Culture is dying, becoming harder and harder to have decent relationships with people across the organisation, egos flying left right and centre. 

Will be going to a smaller org in the next 12 months.

6 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Massively disappointed, but objectively we are 2-3 years behind the trajectory we'd need to have been to keep him. With maybe 4 years peak, possibly less with his injuries, for his career he needs to be playing at the top now.

After 20 years at the club and sticking around through relegation, while I hate him going, I don't begrudge it.  He's still awesome to watch play and I'm excited to see how he does (though not against us). It's still pretty amazing to me that a totally home grown Villa lad is the most expensive domestic footballer and one of the top 10 ever.

Can't wait to see how we move on now - another new era and I'm confident we'll still be challenging the top end of the PL in the next couple of years with our investment in youth.

I don't think it was a case of sticking with us through relegation. Jack's stock was low at the point of relegation, and let's be honest, he didn't lift himself until the middle of the second season in the Championship. Our best player was Kodjia at that time, the bloke has come on a lot, but if you look back through this thread, many were on the verge of giving up on him four or five years ago. Me included, he was flattering to deceive. Dean has lifted his game no end.

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Still not letting go though? Thats like stalking your ex-wife after she ran off with a hunky neighbour. Its just not right and unhealthy for you sir. I actually feel the club can now spread it wings, the whole Jack-worship was beginning to get on my t*ts. [Tony Daley was my first love, you'll get over it 👍]

Support in that I wish him success and don't begrudge what he wants. I hope he goes on to Englands best player and will definitely keep tabs on him. Yes pissed off he's made the move and the timing sucks but it's done.

Not relying on Jack will ultimately make us a stronger side. 

• Like 2

Feels like my mrs is leaving me for a lad I know who goes on the better holidays and drives the better cars after she told me last year she was happy with our relationship....Would I clap her if I seen her in a restaurant? **** no ..... I’m calling her a slag.

But it’s only cause I still like her. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Can I really?  Wait till Mrs F gets back from the toilet. 

I’m not saying any of these options are problem free or inexpensive. Particularly option 3 😉

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Final post on this thread from me.....

Jack Grealish has been a brilliant player for Aston Villa and despite a lot of the drivel & rewriting of history being written on social media my mind isnt changed  on that fact.

Am I disappointed? Of course, he was only 12 months ago bought into the project but things changes and he has his motives and although I don't agree with them I wish him all the best before moving onto the thinking of the club that's been here for 140 years plus

The future is bright, we have two of the best owners we could have, a solid squad of players, a season ticket waiting list of 15,000, our highest position in 10 years and a long term vision of where we want to be and although it may be a rocky few weeks I think we will be better in the long term for it and will be a much more balanced and rounded team.

My advice.....Let this all blow over, save the bile for another day and lets talk on the other threads about the lads that want to be here for this season

Up The Villa!

I like this kind of gravy

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i do wonder if the club are actually very happy to let him go for 100m.

If I try and look at it really impartially, for £100m and with him having injury worries, it’s probably a decent deal.

Our board aren’t going to have let him go for cheaper than what they think he’s worth.

Edited by ender4

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Just goes to show how loyal the fans are to the team. Unlike certain £100 million pound signings lol.

I love that in people, your closest friends, your family, your dog.

It used to mean a lot.

The thing I'm peeved about the most is that Jack is only 25 and all through his football fan/player life he hasn't known a better time to be a Villa fan. He knows we have one goal, to crack the top 6 and the be regulars in Europe, to win things.

He is now moving to another club to help them prevent us from reaching our goals.

Edited by Phil Silvers

Wow, quite an amazing thought that within 48 hours max, this thread with its 3186 pages (and growing) could be consigned to “other football”.

The departures of players like Barry, Milner and Young dealt us a big blow. 

Let’s hope Jack!s departure doesn’t have a similar effect.

Edited by briny_ear

Â