The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't. Imagine if he'd gone to **** Liverpool. I'd have puked my guts out. 

Imagine if he had gone to Madrid… or Juventus…

We would have packed his bags and waved him off with all the best wishes in the world

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

None of the three parties will comment before its official. They never do. 

Every single respected journalist is stating the same. Its crazy to believe they're all just guessing. 

Why not? We commented on agrreing a fee with Bayer Leverkusen before agreeing personal terms with Leon Bailey

Edited by Taxahunter

10 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Sorry, but it was a year after we made an FA Cup final and finished 6th, the season he left we finished 8th, both seasons way in front of Middlesbrough. It had nothing to do with Villa’s ambition and more to do with players having there heads turned. 

We may not have been able to compete with some of those clubs throwing money around, but what eventually happens to them? Leeds etc.

Fair enough mate, it seems we have slightly different recollections of that period. I suppose the truth is somewhere in the middle

For me we were really poor in that Cup Final, and felt the club was going backwards in general having finished runners up under Atkinson then 4th under Little. Just felt like we didnt seem to want to push on

Shocking that he went to Boro, but it seems he'd burnt his bridges by that point. 

It's funny (well not 'funny' but you know what I mean) how it can still rankle all these years later. Expect this conversation to be re-had in twenty odd years time but about Grealish instead

Just now, Condimentalist said:

I find the hate a bit pathetic tbh. 

The guy took us up, kept us up, and signed a contract last season when he didn't have to, which is earning us one of the largest transfer fees of all time. 

Jack, you go with my blessing and thanks. I hope your shins make this sale look like a masterstroke, but I will never devalue the joy you gave me to watch you in full flow. 

Who are we if we are we turn against perhaps our most talented ever player just because he wants a shot at the real big-time in a short career. 

We may not have all made the same decision, but it would have been a hard one. He is no judas. 

I just hope we spend wisely over the next couple of years. If we do, he'll probably regret it, but there we go. 

UTV. 

I agree with all of this. Timing is unfortunate but we can’t offer him the stage where he can turn himself into a world star. Let’s hope we spend the money wisely…

Just now, Condimentalist said:

I find the hate a bit pathetic tbh. 

The guy took us up, kept us up, and signed a contract last season when he didn't have to, which is earning us one of the largest transfer fees of all time.

spacer.png

Getting sick of reading this bull****.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Also I have to direct my anger somewhere. His agent looks like an absolute bellend, hope a rat shits in his coffee.

£10m richer today.  Agents really are the scum.

can't wait for this thread to be locked and moved.

I won't follow him for England or City, I won't boo him, but he's gone and forgotten now. I don't wish him any success either or failure, just won't be on my radar anymore. He is not Aston Villa, we are more than one player and the circus that follows.

City can go F8ck themselves.

Hopefully we can reinvest wisely and become more than just a club built around one player and his colossal ego.

Maybe people will stop forgiving his drink driving and partying exploits and realise the guy is a bit of dick head.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wow, quite an amazing thought that within 48 hours max, this thread with its 3186 pages (and growing) could be consigned to “other football”.

The departures of players like Barry, Milner and Young dealt us a big blow. 

Let’s hope Jack!s departure doesn’t have a similar effect.

We're in a much better position now, all over the place. Everything is different this time. I'm not worried where our ship is going

• Like 1

People have a right to feel what they need to, there was always a slim hope that he’d stay and honour his pledge from 10 months ago. It’s cruel in many ways that it’s done this way, so close to the new season. Nobody is doubting his immense talents on the pitch, it just carries a particular pain given the timing. The club been backed him through dark periods where he should have been stripped of the captaincy but they stuck with him. The club will get the best deal for him, it’s just a crying shame that the talk of loyalty was just that. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Â