The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

£100m up front could indicate the release clause rumours, therefore meaning we have no say in the matter.

Release clause triggered and now medical next week? 

I have no idea but sounds likely from the Percy article 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It makes no sense. Why would you report he'll be having a medical but not that an agreement (of sorts at least) has been reached?

I agree.  The owners were planning with Jack included, they had no intention to sell Jack but now Jack is having a medical.  It all seems to be missing some big steps and some order confusion.  Maybe I’m being naive but I’m not going to believe this unless it happens.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

£100m up front could indicate the release clause rumours, therefore meaning we have no say in the matter.

Why wouldn't that just be stated then? Why the shroud of secrecy around it?

Plus wouldn't Grealish still have the option to reject it if they tried activating the clause?

“After the friendly on Saturday I rang my agent and said ‘listen, I’ve had a long chat with Christian and the manager and Nassef, and I said I think my future lies at Aston Villa’. I believe in the project they want to go forwards with.”

If he still believes in the project then he stays, if we believe in the project then we don’t sell.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

He would have just said that no? Especially since he reported a release clause last year.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Its crazy that even with 18 months of no crowds and impact of covid City can spend 100 million on a player who may not even be a guaranteed starter for them.

Those oil sheiks just gotta work a few extra hundred indentured servants to death to make up the shortfall, no biggie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Will be less than 2 weeks before the start of the season, man.

This is my biggest anger with this saga ! If done before or during euros like sancho we could prepare better but now ffs !  Somebody could say it may have been already done then , but if so as a club we’ve not done enough to start the season well 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Will be interesting to hear what Dean Smith says at the friendly tomorrow. Silence would be confirmation in my view.

In his defense, as annoying as it is, he has always distanced himself from transfer talk. So it'll be the standard "That's not my domain, I'm head coach, you'd have to ask Johan or Christian about that."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its crazy that even with 18 months of no crowds and impact of covid City can spend 100 million on a player who may not even be a guaranteed starter for them.

Astonishing really , 1 rule for 1 ,oh that’s it !

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

People can say how good he's been for us and thanks for all he's done but this is leaving us in the lurch massively. 5 year deal signed last season believes in the project, my city my club. Total bollocks. This is as bad or worse than Delph and up there with MON walking out. I'll be just about done with the PL. City financial frauds getting away with murder and nothing done about it. 

If he leaves, I agree with all of that. I still think that’s considerable if, though. 

It’s been a wild ride folks but it might be good for our collective health to take the weekend out of this thread.  There’s not going to be any official developments until Monday anyway.  

• Like 1

Â