The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Aston Villa are much more than Jack Grealish. He’s our best player, a generational talent, but let’s not pretend that we’re nothing without him. 

Last season we showed on far too many occasions than I'd care to remember that we are pretty useless without him.

With him, we beat the champions Liverpool, the European Champions Chelsea, Spurs for the first time in what felt like forever, and did the double over Arsenal for the first time in nearly 30 years.

The club is bigger than Jack Grealish, yes; but this team absolutely isn't. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking we'll bounce back quickly from this, because I'm afraid we just won't.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

All about the money now! Hopefully we can galvanise and re-invest the cash wisely in the team/club. Lots of pressure on Purslow, Lange & Smith now.

He’s still a Villa player as it stands! Reserve comments like this if he signs for City!

Just now, est1874 said:

Last season we showed on far too many occasions than I'd care to remember that we are pretty useless without him.

With him, we beat the champions Liverpool, the European Champions Chelsea, Spurs for the first time in what felt like forever, and did the double over Arsenal for the first time in nearly 30 years.

The club is bigger than Jack Grealish, yes; but this team absolutely isn't. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking we'll bounce back quickly from this, because I'm afraid we just won't.

no wonder terry went

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

nobody is saying we're nothing without him

we're just not top 6 without him...which was a real possibility this season

If he does go then we’re pushed into finding a new way of playing. You never know, it might actually work. We’ve still got some class players, and even though losing Jack will weaken us massively, we’ll rebuild and improve. It might just take longer.

• Like 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

If he does go then we’re pushed into finding a new way of playing. You never know, it might actually work. We’ve still got some class players, and even though losing Jack will weaken us massively, we’ll rebuild and improve. It might just take longer.

Thats how I feel tbh.

What are the chances that Jack ‘does a Benteke’ mark 2? Driven by the big lights of Manc, his lifestyle gets the better of him, and his shins continue to play up. He wins some medals but lives in the shadow of Foden’s containing rise. Pep leaves Citeh for another ‘sabbatical’ in New York, gets replaced by Zinedine Zidane, who hates Jack’s lack of professionalism (talks to Garde). Jack ends up at Everton or Palace. Fans on VT debate if he should come back here and what the reception would be. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

He’s still a Villa player as it stands! Reserve comments like this if he signs for City!

I want him to stay mate but it seems like he is gone. Hope he doesn't leave but too much noise around this deal now!

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Ahh yeah. Rob Dawson at ESPN who, a month ago, said they were close to reaching an agreement even though no formal discussions had taken place between the two teams and nothing came of it.

Also just saw this posted after the Percy story update. Maybe a glimmer of hope. Yes I know it's the DailyStar lol: 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Aston Villa are much more than Jack Grealish. He’s our best player, a generational talent, but let’s not pretend that we’re nothing without him. 

We're absolutely not, but we can't replace him even with the money we'll get for him. 

Losing him now affects our ability to recruit quality players and it affects our ability to win and work our way into the European places. 

This is absolutely a short to medium term blow to our ambitions and could potentially derail them entirely long term. 

That combined with the fact that he'll be a direct competitor to us... I just don't see how anyone can wish him well if he goes. This is awful for our football club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Clipped from HalfTimePost comment from Percy a few pages back.

I don’t get this.  As if NSWE had no control at all, which doesn’t make sense.

It makes no sense. Why would you report he'll be having a medical but not that an agreement (of sorts at least) has been reached?

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

I want him to stay mate but it seems like he is gone. Hope he doesn't leave but too much noise around this deal now!

It’s the same amount of noise as Kane expressing his desire to leave spurs nothing more at the moment 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

As @Keyblade said, he will be a top athlete for many years, but he might experience some injuries. Look at late Robben at Bayern as a good example

If City are willing to pay £100,000,000 million for him then his injury record is irrelevant. My own point is mooted!

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Also just saw this posted after the Percy story update. Maybe a glimmer of hope. Yes I know it's the DailyStar lol: 

Nice one! I’ve always rated the Daily Star as a very reputable source of news :D

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Ahh yeah. Rob Dawson at ESPN who, a month ago, said they were close to reaching an agreement even though no formal discussions had taken place between the two teams and nothing came of it.

Who needs Paul McGrath, when we’ve got Daily Star!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

We're absolutely not, but we can't replace him even with the money we'll get for him. 

Losing him now affects our ability to recruit quality players and it affects our ability to win and work our way into the European places. 

This is absolutely a short to medium term blow to our ambitions and could potentially derail them entirely long term. 

That combined with the fact that he'll be a direct competitor to us... I just don't see how anyone can wish him well if he goes. This is awful for our football club. 

It is mate, I’m just trying to find some positives. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Last year:

With Grealish we were 13-3-9

Without Grealish we were 3-4-6

Those records don't really give off a positive vibe of us without Grealish.

But I agree the club aren't nothing without him. However we would've been relegated last year without him. So he does play a pretty major role in who we are.

• Like 1

Â