The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I suppose when they value their youth players playing for the mighty Lincoln City at £10m and some teams are stupid enough to pay, theyll make up the shortfall easily.

This is all about hype. Hype about Pep. Hype about Citeh. Hype about CL. By being near that club, nobodies can pretend to be somebodies. And into the orbit of this BS is Jack: a once in a generation player.

Isn’t modern football shite? 

It is but it’s just how it is. We’ve just signed what some fans of Norwich are saying is their best player of all time and that’s after they got promoted. Unfortunately there’s an hierarchy in football and city manage to get to the top of it by oil money. 

It is shite but we wouldn’t be complaining if it was us.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

It does look as though he is gone. Drops the club so dear to his heart right in it, thanks Jack.

No better than Delph for me.

Thats ridiculous.  Grealish gave his all for villa, got us promoted and without him we would have been relegated 2 years in a row.  He owes villa nothing.  He now gets the chance to play in CL.

Delph was a snake 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Also, how does the reported 10m pound youth player factor into the "100m upfront" angle? 

Could have moved quite quickly with us saying don’t want him , them saying ok here’s 100m 

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Aston Villa are much more than Jack Grealish. He’s our best player, a generational talent, but let’s not pretend that we’re nothing without him. 

This! It’s actually winding me up how much it’s about him instead of the club.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Aston Villa are much more than Jack Grealish. He’s our best player, a generational talent, but let’s not pretend that we’re nothing without him. 

nobody is saying we're nothing without him

we're just not top 6 without him...which was a real possibility this season

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think that was just made up nonsense. I don't remember anyone reputable reporting that? Or did I miss someone. 

From "Rob Dawson of ESPN", sourced from..."sources":

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/4441947/manchester-city-table-100m-offer-for-jack-grealish-sources

Manchester City have put together a £100 million ($140m) package in a bid to sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa, sources have told ESPN.

Aston Villa were informed on Friday that City are willing to pay £90m for the 25-year-old, while highly rated winger Morgan Rogers has also been proposed as part of the deal. City value Rogers, 19, at around £10m, bringing the overall outlay close to Villa's £100m valuation of Grealish.

Clipped from HalfTimePost comment from Percy a few pages back.

With Grealish now expected to undergo a medical early next week, this development was always an unwelcome scenario for Villa's ambitious owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, who are targeting a return to European football with the club's best player at the forefront.

I don’t get this.  As if NSWE had no control at all, which doesn’t make sense.

1 minute ago, Chine said:

Could have moved quite quickly with us saying don’t want him , them saying ok here’s 100m 

yeah sounds like them chancing their arm...heres 90m and a youth player...he's mustard, easily worth 10m...honest!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

nobody is saying we're nothing without him

we're just not top 6 without him...which was a real possibility this season

You can't pin all your hopes on a mercurial player who usually misses a third of a season.

That is why i don't think Grealish will be the key player at City. He might do a few tricks and flicks and sell lots of shirts but I can see him moving on a 2-3 years time. Maybe back to us.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â