The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

According to Percy: "negotiations expected to be concluded swiftly".

Basically that could be interpreted as Villa roll over and take it! 

Same old, same old....what's the point eh?

It does feel a bit like that tbh. The same thing will be happening with Konsa and Martinez in 12 months time. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Last year:

With Grealish we were 13-3-9

Without Grealish we were 3-4-6

Those records don't really give off a positive vibe of us without Grealish.

But I agree the club aren't nothing without him. However we would've been relegated last year without him. So he does play a pretty major role in who we are.

Without Grealish 10 teams had better records. You can blame his time out, but it is what it is. If he leaves we will be without him but with potentially two or three additional quality players in the squad. If his injuries end his career we will be without him but without a big additional investment. Provided we spend the money correctly, and there’s plenty of evidence to suggest we would, if of course he does go,  then the doom and gloom needs to go and we need to get on with it, I’m sure NSWE will. I’m equally sure that they and the powers that be, will have a plan that they may already be executing it. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

100m is crazy money! 

Not compared to the difference Jack makes in terms of on the pitch points and then commercial revenue for years to come.  It’s not compared to the 300m we e spent on the team that’s built around him.  It’s just not!

20 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Last year:

With Grealish we were 13-3-9

Without Grealish we were 3-4-6

Those records don't really give off a positive vibe of us without Grealish.

But I agree the club aren't nothing without him. However we would've been relegated last year without him. So he does play a pretty major role in who we are.

Which is exactly why we need to become a team without Grealish! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Creeper said:

I always thought you couldn't have a medical unless a bid has been accepted? which if the bid has been, you'd think that the club would be releasing something saying so considering the calibre of player?

A medical.. haha, someone’s in for a nasty shock! 

• Like 2

Remember I said this wasn’t on Vila this was all camp Grealish. What I’ve said was laughed at but it’s all looking likely now as the story bleeds out. 

don’t lose faith in the project we’re not a selling club overnight our hands have been tied on this by Stella and Grealish. 

he’s not the hero we all thought he was move on, the club is bigger than any player support the club not the players utv

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not compared to the difference Jack makes in terms of on the pitch points and then commercial revenue for years to come.  It’s not compared to the 300m we e spent on the team that’s built around him.  It’s just not!

I actually think Martinez is more important but I see where you are coming from.  We need to invest it wisely and move on. 

• Like 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

£100m 5 years ago was “crazy money”. Today it’s nowhere near. Cantwell/Sarr is not the answer either.

Sarr and Bailey would be good. Sadly I don’t think any player will fill the gap left by Grealish leaving, but we have to do better than Cantwell. As a squad player ok, but we’d not exactly be competing with top 8 PL teams to bring him in.

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

£100m 5 years ago was “crazy money”. Today it’s nowhere near. Cantwell/Sarr is not the answer either.

No individual should be the answer. That’s the point. We need a TEAM. Not a Jack Grealish + the rest.

• Like 1

Considering you get more than £100m for staying up and our record without him is pretty much relegation form this is terrible timing. Clubs now also know we have money if this goes through so over inflated prices in this current market is going to be another factor. Honestly we are better off forcing him to stay another year atleast.

Â