The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, jim said:

Neymar

Mbappe

Griezman

Coutinho 

Felix

It is still crazy money! 5 players have moved for £100m or more not bad company to be in.

Madness to think it is isn’t crazy money. My mate that supports Leeds said he’d be happy to sell any of their players for 100m including Philips. Our infatuation with Jack and how good we think he actually is is unhealthy.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

But did he tell him it’s because of Jack? ;)

Haha in seriousness though keeping your best player and promising to add more is the vision.  The vision wasn’t we’d sell our best player two weeks before the season started and flapping around trying get players in.  Jack staying shows we have ambition, selling Jack shows….we are a midtable team who sells our best players when big teams come calling.  I think the selling of Jack is what it represents of the club and the project maybe more so than Jack himself.  Maybe that’s where Buendia maybe would’ve chosen Arsenal over us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Sancho's deal was being finalized during the Euros, and he's been a United player, what, a week now? The club even bought a replacement in that time. We'd have less than 2 weeks if this pans out. It's actually kind of worse than Delph who at least assuaged the club and signed a new deal so we could get a fee for him.

It is not worse than Delph.

Delph came out with those ridiculous quotes about the club and his 'brothers' before **** off a day or two later. That is the main reason which made the Delph situation so bad.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

As for the 100m? Well what's that gonna do exactly? Clubs will just tell us to do one or wait for stupid money for lesser players than Grealish (Southampton, Arsenal) just like Spurs did with Kane when City came darkening their doors (Take note AVFC).

Yep. Really hasn’t done us any favours. Have to hope the club don’t back down. It’s in City’s interest to drag this out not ours. Timing isn’t right, we have a lot more to lose than City have to gain. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Haha in seriousness though keeping your best player and promising to add more is the vision.  The vision wasn’t we’d sell our best player two weeks before the season started and flapping around trying get players in.  Jack staying shows we have ambition, selling Jack shows….we are a midtable team who sells our best players when big teams come calling.  I think the selling of Jack is what it represents of the club and the project maybe more so than Jack himself.  Maybe that’s where Buendia maybe would’ve chosen Arsenal over us.

2nyl.gif

Just now, nick76 said:

Maybe but put it is this way, I reckon if Jack played for Arsenal and city offered 100m they would sell.  They rolled over with Henry, Van Persie and Nasri to name just a few and that was when they were actually title challengers. 

I think you are looking down on our club too harshly. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think the selling of Jack is what it represents of the club and the project maybe more so than Jack himself.  Maybe that’s where Buendia maybe would’ve chosen Arsenal over us.

Actually this could be right, which might be the only good thing to this dragging out until 2 weeks before the season, if it helped us get Buendia over the line when we otherwise wouldn't have been able to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This 'sells our best players' thing is annoying and tiresome. Every club sells a player who wants to move, if a club is willing to pay their asking price, including some of the biggest clubs in the world.

Would you want to keep anyone who didn't want to be at this club?

Edited by Tom13

Just now, Tom13 said:

It is not worse than Delph.

Delph came out with those ridiculous quotes about the club and his 'brothers' before **** off a day or two later. That is the main reason which made the Delph situation so bad.

Jack made the same quotes 10 months ago and is a Villa fan. It's pretty much the same situation. Only the timeline differs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

This 'sells our best players' thing is annoying and tiresome. Every club sells a player who wants to move, if a club is willing to pay their asking price, including some of the biggest clubs in the world.

Would you want to keep anyone who didn't want to be at this club?

It's not so much the actual selling of him. It's the timing of it.

• Like 1

Â