The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Very weird wording.

Up front, as in all 100m at once? Or the payment eventually adding up to 100m and not including any add-ons.

I took it as all at once. 

I think fans that think we bend over and lose best players too easily are missing the point. Grealish is a special talent and needs to be playing at the highest level. United the richest club in the world at the time had to sell Ronaldo to Real. These things happen. 

What’s more important is how we reinvest that money. We really have to spend every penny on top of what we already had planned to spend to build a solid squad.  Spurs lost Bale and then built a top 6 squad. We need to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Can anyone tl;dr what Percy updated his article with? 

Medical expected next week.

I know he's one of the better journos - but think he's guessing here.

1 minute ago, JoshVilla said:

I don't buy all this "imagine him under Pep" nonsense. Seeing the "tactical masterclasses" he supposed gave when watching the All or Nothing series, he honestly said nothing that you wouldn't hear your average Sunday League manager say.

Money. Lots of it.

Hard agree.

If you think you manager is god, you’ll run through walls for him. Pep understands this: hence the cultivated image and the ‘access’ given to film crews and chosen writers when he was at Bayern.

Problem for us isn’t the truth behind the myth of Pep (reality is he’s a mixture of a good coach, an even better image producer, and takes jobs with £££ available). Our problem is if Jack believes it. Up to now, Jack hasn’t shown himself to be a brainbox and probably buys the hype.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I took it to mean just a straight up 100m without add-ons. 

That would be insane though wouldn't it? Clubs don't even do 30m deals all up front let alone 100m. I think it's just typical Sun weasel words.

New bits specifically on Jack from Percys article below. Basically says he's gone. The bit about the new contract was in the old version of the article.

A move in the next few days impending, medical next week. Negotiations expected to be quick. ****. Ouch this hurts.

It is understood that City may allow Bernardo Silva, the Portugal international, to leave the club as a result of Grealish's impending arrival.

Manchester City, Villa and Grealish's agent were all contacted on Friday and declined to comment on the record-breaking offer.

With Grealish now expected to undergo a medical early next week, this development was always an unwelcome scenario for Villa's ambitious owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, who are targeting a return to European football with the club's best player at the forefront.

Villa have offered Grealish a new contract which will vastly improve his current terms of around £125,000 a week and have based their summer transfer activity on keeping their talismanic skipper.

But with City experiencing frustration in their attempts to sign Tottenham forward Harry Kane, Grealish has now emerged as their No. 1 target and negotiations are likely to be concluded swiftly.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

championship quality oh its smith

Who do you think who’s top quality would join us if Grealish goes? 

Plus if you believe that we’ve been selling our ambition to prospective targets based on him staying, we will have already effectively lied to Buendia to get him here. Wonder if he’s ‘bought into’ our plan now?

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

That £100m up front really makes a mockery of ffp doesn’t it? Wasn’t the point of spreading payments about spreading ffp risk?

Depends. What was their revenue last season? Plus they already have 90m incoming with sales. They spent big before FFP and now can keep selling to buy. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Medical expected next week.

I know he's one of the better journos - but think he's guessing here.

Don’t we normally take Percy’s word as gospel, or is that only when it is news we want to hear?

• Like 1

Â