The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If Grealish goes, I think I am done with English football.

Not so much that we are losing one player, but it shows that the Premier League isn't a competition anymore. What is the point of supporting a team outside of the scum6 if they are only there to make up the numbers?

• Like 2

Just now, PieFacE said:

In isolation I actually don't think selling grealish for 100m is the end of the world for us. Had it happened a month or two ago, it would have sucked but it is what it is and we'd have plenty of time to sort things out our end. 

But to do it now, 2 weeks before the start of the season is a sucker blow, and I kinda really struggle to see how Grealish could claim he cares for the club at all after this.

On the assumption he is going to leave, then I have to say my opinion of him does change considerably. 

Fantastic footballer and I hope he stays but... The timing of it all does leave a sour taste. 

I understand it from a professional level, chances to play in the Champions League don't come around every day. But I can not understand it from a fans perspective, considering he "loves" the club. 

When else could it have happened? The euros have just finished and he has had a holiday.

58 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think fans that think we bend over and lose best players too easily are missing the point. Grealish is a special talent and needs to be playing at the highest level. United the richest club in the world at the time had to sell Ronaldo to Real. These things happen. 

What’s more important is how we reinvest that money. We really have to spend every penny on top of what we already had planned to spend to build a solid squad.  Spurs lost Bale and then built a top 6 squad. We need to do the same.

yep, looking at the cold hard facts this is exactly right.

"if" Jack does go, we just need to ensure we use the 100m, plus the 30-40m we had in our normal budget left after signing Buendia, we need to reinvest the full 130/140m to improve the first 11. (or 100m now and 30/40m for Jan, or added to next summers budget - or whatever).

"if" we do it right, i think the squad and first 11 could be much improved, but......thats all down to our recruitment being top notch...which is never guaranteed, but im more confident now that it might be achievable, compared to any point over the last 10-15 years.

Never been a player I enjoy watching as much as Jack. Not just in a Villa shirt, but full stop. The fact I've been able to watch him week in week out wearing our shirt has made for an unreal few years. The intelligence, the technique, the mentality, the personality, everything.

Damn this is hitting hard now it's getting close, if it is definitely happening ofc 😥

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Which he could’ve got from Arsenal but brought into our project which included Jack.  Villa without Jack, I think Buendia would’ve favoured Arsenal because our project looks less attractive.

Arsenal never had a bid accepted and pulled out of negotiations completely because Norwich were trying to create a bidding war. It was us or stay at Norwich at that point.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, AJ said:

If Grealish goes, I think I am done with English football.

Not so much that we are losing one player, but it shows that the Premier League isn't a competition anymore. What is the point of supporting a team outside of the scum6 if they are only there to make up the numbers?

Be very interesting to see out season ticket numbers next season.

We've got about 15,000 on the waiting list, so around or just under 50,000 people happy to buy one right now.

That will drop big time next year with a bad season.

• Sad 1

So we are selling our best player two weeks before the start of the season and then signing replacements hoping they fit for the start of the season?

Great planning Villa and NSWE.

Our motto used to be 'Prepared', we are looking rather underprepared at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

There was an article quote someone posted that said "we've been telling our recruits that Grealish will be here."

I just find it difficult to believe. Not that there was an article, but that we've been telling recruits Grealish will be here.

And recruits? Pretty sure Ashley Young would have come if Grealish was here or not :D

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Arsenal never had a bid accepted and pulled out of negotiations completely because Norwich were trying to create a bidding war. It was us or stay at Norwich at that point.

No, Buendia phoned Edu to tell him not to put in a second bid because he had decided to join us.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

When else could it have happened? The euros have just finished and he has had a holiday.

Which is the why the club should reject it. The timing doesn’t work in our favour at all. Gives us what .. about 2 weeks to sort things out? 

33 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

People can say how good he's been for us and thanks for all he's done but this is leaving us in the lurch massively. 5 year deal signed last season believes in the project, my city my club. Total bollocks. This is as bad or worse than Delph and up there with MON walking out. I'll be just about done with the PL. City financial frauds getting away with murder and nothing done about it. 

Thought it was clickbait bollocks?

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sancho's deal was being finalized during the Euros, and he's been a United player, what, a week now? The club even bought a replacement in that time. We'd have less than 2 weeks if this pans out. It's actually kind of worse than Delph who at least assuaged the club and signed a new deal so we could get a fee for him.

I think it's as clear as day he's off.

Silence from the man himself, the club removing his shirt from the mannequins at the Villa store, JT leaving (Must admit i thought that was possibly to do with Grealish's situation as much as  Terry wanting his own role.. just didn't feel right). All the smoke and yet complete silence from the club up to this point aside from rumours of another contract offer being on the table. No sign of Grealish on the away kit reveal etc etc Then apparent bids for players who could be to do with replacing him like Bailey who appears to play in a similar left sided position.

As for the 100m? Well what's that gonna do exactly? Clubs will just tell us to do one or wait for stupid money for lesser players than Grealish (Southampton, Arsenal) just like Spurs did with Kane when City came darkening their doors (Take note AVFC).

All appears a bit like we just rolled over up to this point.

Hopefully Sawiris & Edens have some kind of plan & quick as this will practically put us back into a relegation battle as the squad stands. We saw that clearly last season when he was out. 

So my new season ticket has kind of lost the excitement it caused when it arrived, now it's makes me think.... Meh! when i look at it sadly.

Over to you Sawiris & Edens... It really is dangling by a thread at the moment so plan your next moves carefully.

Another issue is teams like Southampton will now see themselves as back ahead of us so no way they'll sell their better players to us. 

"

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

£100m 5 years ago was “crazy money”. Today it’s nowhere near. Cantwell/Sarr is not the answer either.

Neymar

Mbappe

Griezman

Coutinho 

Felix

It is still crazy money! 5 players have moved for £100m or more not bad company to be in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Players were still meeting agents during the euros so deals being pushed along 

Â