The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Considering you get more than £100m for staying up and our record without him is pretty much relegation form this is terrible timing. Clubs now also know we have money if this goes through so over inflated prices in this current market is going to be another factor. Honestly we are better off forcing him to stay another year atleast.

This is the problem that needs to be corrected. Not keeping one player that wants to leave and has dodgy shins.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Leicester will probably never have players as good as Kante and Mahrez again but they have a squad of very good players which is why they are still doing well. We need to do the same. 

That’s true but you look at Spurs after Bale and well that’s the other grim side if you don’t spend well. It’s a huge gamble for a club like us. It does increasingly look like a release clause.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

£100m 5 years ago was “crazy money”. Today it’s nowhere near. Cantwell/Sarr is not the answer either.

in fairness, no one will be 'the answer'

we'll always look at them as the replacements for jack...who clearly aren't comparible

i'd sooner use the 100m to raid everyones best youngsters and hope that we uncover the next jack grealish, rather than trying to plug a hole that cannot be filled

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Which is exactly why we need to become a team without Grealish! 

I agree! That is also the whole point of this "plan" that NWSE had which Grealish said he bought into. They've been building the team around Grealish as much as they've been building a team that's not reliant on him.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

That’s true but you look at Spurs after Bale and well that’s the other grim side if you don’t spend well. It’s a huge gamble for a club like us. It does increasingly look like a release clause.

Hit and miss with signings but became a top 4 club eventually and even got to a champions league final. Not too bad.

51 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Who do you think who’s top quality would join us if Grealish goes? 

Plus if you believe that we’ve been selling our ambition to prospective targets based on him staying, we will have already effectively lied to Buendia to get him here. Wonder if he’s ‘bought into’ our plan now?

Yeah if you believe it. And why would you believe that? Maybe they've been open about our plans, not guaranteeing Grealish would definitely stay, but still stating that we have serious ambitions, which we do.

Claiming our owners have lied to Buendia while at the same time having no facts to prove it whatsoever? Don't get that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Considering you get more than £100m for staying up and our record without him is pretty much relegation form this is terrible timing. Clubs now also know we have money if this goes through so over inflated prices in this current market is going to be another factor. Honestly we are better off forcing him to stay another year atleast.

Yeah it's a very bad deal for us, and leaves us proper in the shit. 2 weeks left, we'll need serious replacements.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Yeah if you believe it. And why would you believe that? Maybe they've been open about our plans, not guaranteeing Grealish would definitely stay, but still stating that we have serious ambitions, which we do.

Claiming our owners have lied to Buendia while at the same time having no facts to prove it whatsoever? Don't get that.

There was an article quote someone posted that said "we've been telling our recruits that Grealish will be here."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I agree! That is also the whole point of this "plan" that NWSE had which Grealish said he bought into. They've been building the team around Grealish as much as they've been building a team that's not reliant on him.

Cant build a team not reliant on him whilst he is there.  I know it seems hard to believe but I think this will be a good move for us in the long term.

• Like 1

Hit and miss with signings but became a top 4 club eventually and even got to a champions league final. Not too bad.

Mainly due to Poch. Signings were awful. I don’t have the same faith we can replicate that. It’s terrible timing.

They finished 4th twice with Bale. Not like they were some also-rans who spent 100m to get into the CL.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Buendia came because we upped his wages by 50k p/w

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He hasn't been back home yet so can't have met with Nassef, Wes, Christian, Johan and Dean yet. Maybe he's meeting them Monday morning and maybe they'll blow him away with an offer.

Agreed. Although I thought he was back in town tomorrow? Either way, no decision was made until he spoke with them last year. I would trust he would give them the same courtesy this year.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually think Martinez is more important but I see where you are coming from.  We need to invest it wisely and move on. 

I’m still not convinced he’s gone but anyway if he goes we will struggle to attract quality and if we do we will be paying over market price then we have to hope they are successful. Sets us back a lot.

• Like 1

In isolation I actually don't think selling grealish for 100m is the end of the world for us. Had it happened a month or two ago, it would have sucked but it is what it is and we'd have plenty of time to sort things out our end. 

But to do it now, 2 weeks before the start of the season is a sucker blow, and I kinda really struggle to see how Grealish could claim he cares for the club at all after this.

On the assumption he is going to leave, then I have to say my opinion of him does change considerably. 

Fantastic footballer and I hope he stays but... The timing of it all does leave a sour taste. 

I understand it from a professional level, chances to play in the Champions League don't come around every day. But I can not understand it from a fan perspective, considering he "loves" the club. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Cant build a team not reliant on him whilst he is there.  I know it seems hard to believe but I think this will be a good move for us in the long term.

Well that's not necessarily true but don't get me wrong. They've shown they can properly recruit. I have no doubt that they would be able to re-invest the Grealish money in smart choices. I definitely have faith that if this happened we will be fine long term. Just disappointed about how it's all going down.

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

Buendia came because we upped his wages by 50k p/w

Which he could’ve got from Arsenal but brought into our project which included Jack.  Villa without Jack, I think Buendia would’ve favoured Arsenal because our project looks less attractive.

Â