The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

This isn’t on NSWE in any way nor does it reflect our ambitions. If he wants to leave, there’s nothing we can do. Just need to reinvest the money and then some on absolute quality. 

To some extent. We could put up a fight though. Spurs with Kane for example. 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

This isn’t on NSWE in any way nor does it reflect our ambitions. If he wants to leave, there’s nothing we can do. Just need to reinvest the money and then some on absolute quality. 

Well, he's not, because he's still under contract. If we reject the offer that's the end of it unless he wants to sign a new deal.

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Agreed. He's only done that today, I was on his account this morning. 

He's gone imo.

Also, on Kevans page. I've searched tweets he's tagged in, there's quite a few over the last week, but mostly from 2d ago or 4d ago. A few this morning but most of today's are since he deactivated and people found out.

Imo, and he's his own person of course, what he'd received so far wasn't that awful that he'd deactivate. He'd have had it the same last year. It's preparing for the meltdown I think.

I really hope not but I think he's going.

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

Will be interesting to see what Dean has to say on it tomorrow when asked. Also interesting to see what NSWE do, decide Jack stays or gamble with another 140m to spend on 3 players. I think Jack probably would go, if it was opened up for him to move, however I believe club will make a big pitch to stay.

We haven't been doing any pre or post match pressers for pre season so I highly doubt you'll hear Dean say anything on the matter. People will just have to wait until he's back next week for clarity.

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Getting those players in becomes ALOT harder without him. 

I think you’d be surprised. 

we’d have to pay more than we would otherwise, but there are knock-on effects from a player sale like this.  The FFP handcuffs that restrict us currently will be released.  Sawiris+Edens pumped in 100m when we were promoted and we are currently pushing the top bound of what’s allowed (take a look in the FFP thread).  A 100m sale realized immediately means we can spend 2-2.5x that over the course of the next 2-3 seasons (not saying we will but we can, which we cannot currently).

tbh, what concerns me more than Jack going, is we only have 15 days before the season starts, and would have the best part of 150m to spend......

If he does go, i hope we can get some talent in quickly, i dont want to be going in to the first game in the situation we are now, but without Jack.

8 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

People can still tag you if you have an active account, and Twitter can be used through a browser too.

By deleting his account, he can still go on Twitter but won't have DMs and notifications.

I'm done with DMs..we favour DLPM'S😃

Edited by TRO

Disappointed if he goes but remember these players are commodities to us we make use of them as a club while they are useful we get rid of them when they are not and we sell when value is right. We absolutely shouldn’t be tied or loyal to any player. If Jack goes then he is the enemy on day 1 of leaving as is any other player who plays against is because they are trying to beat us. 

the key to this is too replace him with players which make us  stronger team. Being dependant On one player is always dangerous 

If Jack goes, we are going to see a new set of rot settle in, and regardless of how much we sell him for, we will go backwards, just like we did under Lerner. We need to heed the lessons of our past, not repeat them.

After Jack, then who is next? Ollie, John, Targett, Emi 1 or 2? Any player that shows to be promising to lead Villa forward will come under the same crap speculation just as Jack has done, and regardless of how much moolah we get for them, getting replacements is never that simple. Spurs found that out the hard way after selling Bale. Alot of people got excited when we signed Micah Richards, and alot of people had hopes for Rudy Gestede after we sold Benteke. 

$hitty are our rivals, along with the other 18 clubs in the Premier League. We are competing with them to finish as high up the table as we can. Those that disagree, and feel that $hitty is such a great and powerful club, and that Jack deserves to go there, well they are obviously happy to see Villa just make up the numbers. Well, f*** you. I want to see Villa at least try to reach for the sky, and not just roll over to feed some other club our best assets. One thing we need to understand, the money we get for selling players, nobody at Villa gets it. It goes to other clubs getting the replacements. If there is change left over, don't expect a cheque in the mail. If we don't get results on the pitch, the money Villa makes means stuff all to you and me.

When I said Jack was staying, my conviction was based on faith. I had faith in Jack. I had faith in Nasser and Wes. I hope that Nasser and Wes are ambitious, and they are serious that they want to challenge for the top of the Premier League. My faith that Jack stays may endure the odd earthquake test, but my hope springs eternal. 

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Well, he's not, because he's still under contract. If we reject the offer that's the end of it unless he wants to sign a new deal.

Come on you know this isn’t true. The players hold all the cards. If he wants to leave, it’s curtains on his time at Villa. 

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think the fact his brother deleted his twitter has gone under the radar a bit. 

That, to me, is massive. He's off. 

Probably been getting dogs abuse from Villa and City teenagers. Don't even know why he's on there tbh, must be a nightmare.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not from me, because it is obviously caveated that IF he pushes for a move now then he's a bellend. I don't even know in what way that is questionable. 

So do you think Jack should feel obliged to stay at Villa forever?

Â