The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, TRO said:

its terrible to say, but having witnessed incidents in the past, with Platty, Cowans, Yorke and Gray.....my initial disappointment, is slowly ebbing away.

It hasn't happened yet.....but it could be a silver lining....I have a hunch, we could really kick on.

Me too. 

6 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

TBH I think we're just holding back until the Grealish saga is done one way or another. If he signs a new deal we've got our targets lined up. If City offer enough and we accept we have our targets lined up. We'll be ready to progress either way.

We’ll find out soon enough.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yeah, that’s why when I see stuff like trust the club etc it irks me.

Levy at Spuds isn’t letting that oil club take their best player, in fact that’s gone so quiet because he’s basically said you give us £160m or we don’t talk.

Our owners should have done the same. Not £100m, pay us £150m up front or we don’t talk. I’ve been really disappointed how this has been handled and I don’t think we’re gonna get enough for him.

Tbf, we're only at the exact spot the Kane saga was 4 weeks ago when City tabled an initial £100m.  It's what happens next that's key.

5 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I love Jack as a player. I think he's brilliant, our best player by a mile. I desperately want him to stay - but it does look like the move he's been agitating for is now finally in the offing. 

To be clear, I made my original post because I find the posts calling him a club legend a bit nauseating. 

He's behind plenty of ex-players in terms of what he has actually delivered on the pitch. And whilst clearly a great talent - ultimately he's won nothing us and left us when we are striving to challenge the top 6 (less than two weeks before the start of the season). We mock Blues for extolling Bellingham - but the only real difference between the two is a few seasons of appearances and a play-off final. 

I'm too young to ever watch Cowans play, so can't comment on any comparisons there.

@sidcow @Steero113 - feel free to let me know what exactly about my post you disagreed with, rather than just a recycled gif we've all seen 100 times.  

He hasn't left us you plonker????

He is quite literally the only reason we are even in the league let alone talking about Europe, a project and "striving to challenge the top 6". 

Unbelievable short-sightedness and stupidity. 

Edited by Steero113

Need a supply of rattles and dummies for some here and on twitter, proper embarrassing grown men throwing around insults like spoilt kids

Just chill out and see how this plays through before you start moaning about the 2 blokes that literally saved us from going out of business (They are worth over 10bn quid so im pretty sure they know what they are doing in life) and Grealish who as of now is still our player and captain!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Jack will, of that I am sure. 

There is no such thing as ‘sure’ where Southgate is involved 

Southgate will probably find another CDM to squeeze in there somewhere in place of left wing, or even a striker 

20 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You going anywhere nice?

Sha fans normally holiday with Her Majesty’s Prison service. 

26 minutes ago, jim said:

I was wondering this morning. Hypothetically Jack goes for £100m, will we spend that plus any money already earmarked for this window?

If we don’t do we start to question the ambition of NSWE? They make bold claims of getting to the CL but the odd £30m signing won’t get us there.

Hopefully not. You can't just go splashing money around on five or six players because you got a windfall. I'd hope we'd see it spent over the next couple of seasons. It'd probably put any plans we have back a year but we'd be stronger for it. We all know full well what happens when you try and bed in a whole new team.

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

If we do sell Grealish, I hope we crack on with some actual statement signings for the first time in my lifetime. No long-term prospects, no hand-me-downs, no Heskeys. We need to be the ones who grab the bull by the horns for a change.

Move for Chiesa >_>

10 minutes ago, bose said:

I just don’t understand how some people feel ok by him moving and won’t begrudge him the move. We are finally on our way somewhere, he’s a boyhood fan and living the dream. If NSWE stick to their guns we will be challenging on the top. I’d be furious if he leaves. Would be heartbreaking to see him in a city shirt.

The bigger picture is, we would be in a position to build a more rounded team....quicker than we are able to.

I don't want him to go....but there really is an alternative view here.

for once, we have staff capable of prudent team building.....I don't want to go in to the alternatives of Jacks play.....but I do believe a 2/3 big players could compensate, if chosen wisely.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If it’s true they’ve chucked in a random youngster and said he’s worth 10m then that is a piss take. Maybe we were interested in him?

if he was any good they wouldn't be using him as currency as part of this deal

Similar situation to ESR at Arsenal. We bid a few times and were confident of getting him here and he turned around and signed a few 5-year-deal. 

Just have a sneaky suspicion that he will stay, but that's just me

Just now, tomav84 said:

if he was any good they wouldn't be using him as currency as part of this deal

Or they're that desperate to stay under the 100 million they're willing to sacrifice a project player for a guaranteed first teamer.

Â