The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

why are villa still selling shirts with is name on with hold selling shirts till we know staying or going

Be more worried about whose buying them unless they’ve been on the moon for the  last few days 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Me too. 

I see a picture/vision, which I am liking.

If Jack goes, its because the owners see the same picture as us.

8 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

why are villa still selling shirts with is name on with hold selling shirts till we know staying or going

Because he's still an Aston Villa player, and it's the club that decides whether they will sell.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

its terrible to say, but having witnessed incidents in the past, with Platty, Cowans, Yorke and Gray.....my initial disappointment, is slowly ebbing away.

It hasn't happened yet.....but it could be a silver lining....I have a hunch, we could really kick on.

Yes we’ve seen it many times Tro , Jack was a bit special but no doubt with or without him this club goes on and we have a strong platform now to build from

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Be more worried about whose buying them unless they’ve been on the moon for the  last few days 

Man City fans buying them for Nostalgia.

8 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yeah, that’s why when I see stuff like trust the club etc it irks me.

Levy at Spuds isn’t letting that oil club take their best player, in fact that’s gone so quiet because he’s basically said you give us £160m or we don’t talk.

Our owners should have done the same. Not £100m, pay us £150m up front or we don’t talk. I’ve been really disappointed how this has been handled and I don’t think we’re gonna get enough for him.

You say should of as if it's already a done deal and it's not.

None of us have any clue as to how it will all go, I mean for all we know all this could be a load of bollox.

2 minutes ago, blunther said:

Hopefully not. You can't just go splashing money around on five or six players because you got a windfall. I'd hope we'd see it spent over the next couple of seasons. It'd probably put any plans we have back a year but we'd be stronger for it. We all know full well what happens when you try and bed in a whole new team.

No not 5-6 but we’d absolutely have to get 2-3 quality players in before the window shuts.

The issue is the longer this drags out the harder that will be.

Which is why we should just tell those pr*cks in Manchester that they’ve missed the boat and to move on to someone else.

11 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I love Jack as a player. I think he's brilliant, our best player by a mile. I desperately want him to stay - but it does look like the move he's been agitating for is now finally in the offing. 

To be clear, I made my original post because I find the posts calling him a club legend a bit nauseating. 

He's behind plenty of ex-players in terms of what he has actually delivered on the pitch. And whilst clearly a great talent - ultimately he's won nothing with us and left us when we are striving to challenge the top 6 (less than two weeks before the start of the season). We mock Blues for extolling Bellingham - but, if he leaves now, the only real difference between the two is a few seasons of appearances and a play-off final. 

I'm too young to ever watch Cowans play, so can't comment on any comparisons there.

@sidcow @Steero113 - feel free to let me know what exactly about my post you disagreed with, rather than just a recycled gif we've all seen 100 times.  

I thought my Gif was pretty original?

I disagree with the entirety of your post if that is of any help to you.

• Haha 1

If people are worried he's interested in joining City, he all but admitted he was interested in joining United last year. It's up to NSWE to stand firm and reiterate their vision to him, just like last year. Plus the offer is way too low anyway.

10 minutes ago, blunther said:

I'd hope we'd see it spent over the next couple of seasons. It'd probably put any plans we have back a year but we'd be stronger for it. 

And therein lies the real problem here. Our plans/ambitions get pushed back a year then come the end of next season the likes of Watkins, Konsa, Martinez, assuming they again have very good seasons, will be having their heads turned and being courted. If we have basically stood still then do not be surprised if they want out.

Whether Jack stays or goes it is vital that we are in a position to kick on this season so come the end of it we can retain our better player and build on them. We stand still and continually sell our best players then we'll never build beyond where we are now and will inevitably end up going backwards. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

No not 5-6 but we’d absolutely have to get 2-3 quality players in before the window shuts.

The issue is the longer this drags out the harder that will be.

Which is why we should just tell those pr*cks in Manchester that they’ve missed the boat and to move on to someone else.

2-3 I wholeheartedly agree, but if we end up with 100m+ from grealish plus we assume we already have a few quid to chuck about... well, we aren't going to attract the 50-60m calibre of player if we've just lost our best player unfortunately. I hope we don't spend it all for the sake of it. We could have some really strong windows and progress more sustainably over a longer timeframe.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Jack must be the only player who has been with us since relegation through thick and thin and his talent could have got him a move at least 3 times since then but he has stayed and driven us forward every season.  Anyone questioning his love for the club can piss off.

Applause GIF

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Guys on a serious note let's say NSWE authorise the sale of jack I think as fans we must be respectful to the guys who saved us and trust them to rebuild stronger.

I say this with regards to bad relations from some potential fans towards the owners.

It's not unrealistic if this jack situation gets ugly that the owners say sod it this is not the way to be treated.

I know it's a big if but in the past we have not always agreed with board room decisions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Yes we’ve seen it many times Tro , Jack was a bit special but no doubt with or without him this club goes on and we have a strong platform now to build from

I don't want to start building a negative picture......but how many games against opposition that we feel we can beat and with Jack in the team we have still lost...Brighton,Burnley etc.

Jack has been great for us.....but we need a great TEAM.

Jack is arguably the best player we have had in the last 20 years....but he can't make up the effect of 3/4 really good players....we really can and will kick on.

Its is win/win for us Eastie...either way.

Â