The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I just want this to **** end, but seems like we're back to square one now...

This is a world class piece of journalism from Romano. The ability to get an inside scoop like this is pure genius.

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I just want this to **** end, but seems like we're back to square one now...

Romano is at least credible enough even if a smug clearing in the woods

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I see the "you can win us the champions league that we're missing" selling point being the only factor that persuades him. 

The others, if he won them there, wouldn't be something he earned, they win then already without him. They don't need him to continue winning the league or the fa Cup. And I think if that was all he expected to win, he'd rather stay at Villa with a chance to win a cup. The champions league factor is the one that might turn his head. 

That said, I think he could do it next year, or the year after. And I think he'll want to see where this villa teams limits are while time is on his side.

If his injury is a concern for him/us, then that may also be a factor in him moving on earlier than he would like to,  and could work out best for both of us if that's the case.

Overall though,  the message sent by us selling him is a terrible one and will never be spun into a positive if it happens. So I think that is why our owners will do everything to keep him. 

Also, crucially, he could have done all that last year. It's not like he didn't have the desire to win all of that then. But he still chose to stay. Can't imagine what would have changed in 10 months. Villa certainly aren't off track with regards to the dream they sold him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know Phil.

NWSE are winners, but they are also thinkers and planners.

They will weigh up far more than we will ( because we are emotionally attached)

I don't want Jack to go, absolutely nailed on......but I am seeing some reasons why a deal could be done, all depends on the transfer fee....Man City will want to nick him.

I am not going to go in to the negatives, but I think there are some, like losing him the last 2 seasons and are his shins going to be  a feature of his future.

I think we could be in a win/win situation, with so many promising players coming up on the rails too, only the club will know if we can rely on them for the future.

I don't think its all doom and gloom....I have been here before and we came out of it smelling of roses.

We just have to wait and see, what the outcome is.

Ps I will say a bit more, IF he goes, but it will be respectful to him, as he has been unbelievebly great for us.

There is no plus to him leaving. Everything about him staying is manageable. Jack would have to go to the board and say I want to go to Xclub, highly unlikely but even then I'd wager we could sway him and get him to stay.

I've said this before, but this is the most unlikely window for Jack to choose to go, we're on the brink of pushing for top6, maybe a cup God willing, should we have such a season I'd say we have got him for life.

I think it's time he provided the club with more clarity as to what he wants to do. If he wants to move on, i wish him all the best. We can't let this play out all summer and Villa a mere afterthought. Club always comes first over any player, as good as he is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You wouldn’t agree that going to play under someone who is generally regarded as being one of the very best in the game, alongside players who are regarded as some of the very best in the game, at a club who are English champions, runners up in the European cup, haven’t lost a league cup game for 5 years and who will always have a good shot at winning the fa cup - would be maybe, just maybe a potential reason for moving as being legitimate?

FML, this place has turned insane.

Like playing Football Manager in cheat mode is maybe enticing for some and maybe moving to a plastic club is ambition but not for me.  Given everything Jack has said and what this club means to him and everything about this club that many have said today on these pages, it’s an easy decision to stay.  It amazes me how just a few fall into the elite club comes in he must be going narrative so easily.

Not that he’s going anyway so makes no difference as we aren’t selling.

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Fabrizio Romano hasn’t tweeted such words… well not recently 

Yeah, some in the comments of the tweet seem to think he said it in a livestream on twitch, others saying he didn't... 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Fabrizio Romano hasn’t tweeted such words… well not recently 

Hasn’t he just done a podcast in the last hour or so, so it might be from that.

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You wouldn’t agree that going to play under someone who is generally regarded as being one of the very best in the game, alongside players who are regarded as some of the very best in the game, at a club who are English champions, runners up in the European cup, haven’t lost a league cup game for 5 years and who will always have a good shot at winning the fa cup - would be maybe, just maybe a potential reason for moving as being legitimate?

FML, this place has turned insane.

I agree, with that....except don't be too quick to write off Chelsea,Liverpool & Man utd and Leicester, have done it once, they could do it again.

This nailed on trophies, is not just so, nailed on Imo.......Man City despite having a strong finish, stuttered at the start,.....nothing is sure in football, I guess the odds do favour them though.

Last season we made a decent account of ourselves playing, them......an Influx of a few more quality players in key positions and we can give them a game.

At the Euro's with our forward line ( of highly rated players) we couldn't break down 2 aging centre backs, despite them having great careers.....My point is no one is infallible.

When we won the league in 1981 and beat Bayern Munich in '82, we had resillience that, rocked teams of better technical ability......Finding that crucial balance will have us improve, beyond belief.....I am certain.

Jack will have his ambitions....but that does not mean without him, we don't still have ours.

• Like 1

Â