The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I dunno, Romano called Daka and Soumare to Leicester waaaaay before the deal was announced. 

yeah but he wont unless he has pretty solid info. he was all over the varane deal to man u too. a lot on here disagree though. i've found him to be reliable personally

Just now, tomav84 said:

yeah but he wont unless he has pretty solid info. he was all over the varane deal to man u too. a lot on here disagree though. i've found him to be reliable personally

I think he has some agent contacts

What really pees me off about all this is, yet again, the sheer hypocrisy of the media. They can't decide what their opinion is on anything.

A few months ago they're all expressing false outrage over the greedy six and how the European Super League and financial firepower that it would generate would be killing the competition.

Now you've got City looking at cherry picking the star player from what is perceived to be a "lesser club", for circa £100m (a player that they don't even need, might I add, considering their ridiculous depth in midfield), and now the same media outlets are drooling over the idea and are blatantly trying to turn the player's head.

And don't give me this "they're giving Villa £100m to spend on more players" nonsense. Every other club in the world will play hardball with us if they knew that we've just pocketed that much money. We'd be overpaying for anybody else we tried to sign this season.

• Like 1

We are very much in the driving seat on this. If Man City aren't willing to pay up for Jack then he isn't going anywhere. Pep said they can't afford him during the season, they now say they don't want to pay the price we would want even though no price has been mentioned by us. We aren't going to offer him out at a discounted price because Man City don't want to pay the fee.

With 4 years left on a deal that Jack was happy to sign last summer, and with a World Cup tournament coming up Jack cannot afford to throw his toys out of the pram. That is even before we get onto the fact that Jack is a life long Villa fan. The only way this deal becomes close is if Man City put there money where there mouths are and give our owners something that tempts them to think about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think he has some agent contacts

There was a video on YouTube (I think Copa90?) that was a day in the life video with him, and he basically just hangs out near hotels where Agents and Directors meet and he knows some of them personally.

Edit: It was Bleacher Report

He seems much more reliable with top end teams though.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

2 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

A 2 day old account that has exclusively posted in this thread to talk about how Grealish should move on and laughed at any idea that the club are ambitious.

Although Top 4 is beyond us right now, a push for Europe? Sure, but not Top 4.

Exactly, that's why I laughed. Someone believing Villa are top 4 is ridiculous, no where near compared to what is already in the top 4 or even 6, it isn't happening.

I've also not said Grealish should move on, I said the reasons why he likely would be tempted, I've not said he should. It's great to be ambitious, but be realistic with it, adding Buendia does not get top 4 and as I say, without a Grealish its far more likely the club will go the other way. The optimism is good to see in this climate but basing it all on a mediocre second season with the addition of a veteran defender that has come back for a last pay day and a newly promoted winger who's left the club that got promoted madness.

2 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

What really pees me off about all this is, yet again, the sheer hypocrisy of the media. They can't decide what their opinion is on anything.

A few months ago they're all expressing false outrage over the greedy six and how the European Super League and financial firepower that it would generate would be killing the competition.

Now you've got City looking at cherry picking the star player from what is perceived to be a "lesser club", for circa £100m (a player that they don't even need, might I add, considering their ridiculous depth in midfield), and now the same media outlets are drooling over the idea and are blatantly trying to turn the player's head.

And don't give me this "they're giving Villa £100m to spend on more players" nonsense. Every other club in the world will play hardball with us if they knew that we've just pocketed that much money. We'd be overpaying for anybody else we tried to sign this season.

i get it. but we're hypocrites ourselves. I've seen no outrage on here at the same media trying to 'turn the head' of JWP or Bailey. i appreciate this story has had far more coverage but the principle is the same

i'd have no problem if all media disappeared and you were left waiting for announcements from the official site.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No chance! The chance of him staying is far stronger than him going, as many of us have argued.  If you don’t agree, that’s fine but it’s not clear cut like you are making it to be.

Nick, I honestly think we will be ok either way.

To lose a player like Jack, seems the end of the world, but we lost Platty, Dwight, Barry, Andy G.....But we survived.

as much as it would be a hug blow.....I think there is enough going on, for us to have confidence these owners, will see us prosper.

I am not trying to be an Armadillo....I genuinely see a big future for our club, beyond any single player, irrespective of how influential he is for us....The way we play would naturally change.

Until we know, either way the speculation, is pointless.

Basically said on his Twitch channel - if City meets Villa's valuation, Grealish will sign for City. If City don't meet Villa's asking price, Grealish will sign a new contract at Villa.

Edited by Wes

5 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Exactly, that's why I laughed. Someone believing Villa are top 4 is ridiculous, no where near compared to what is already in the top 4 or even 6, it isn't happening.

I've also not said Grealish should move on, I said the reasons why he likely would be tempted, I've not said he should. It's great to be ambitious, but be realistic with it, adding Buendia does not get top 4 and as I say, without a Grealish its far more likely the club will go the other way. The optimism is good to see in this climate but basing it all on a mediocre second season with the addition of a veteran defender that has come back for a last pay day and a newly promoted winger who's left the club that got promoted madness.

Nose ? Dirty Leeds ? Shiteh? Manure? I’m confused 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i get it. but we're hypocrites ourselves. I've seen no outrage on here at the same media trying to 'turn the head' of JWP or Bailey. i appreciate this story has had far more coverage but the principle is the same

i'd have no problem if all media disappeared and you were left waiting for announcements from the official site.

We dont though, Bailey news has came from Germany, JWP was never a goer and even Smith Rowe all came from an Arsenal journo from Athletic 

DIRECT CONTACT eh?   I suppose the smoke signals and telepathy didn't work then.

Negotiations:

"Well give you £75m for Jack"

"No, not interested, not for sale. "

"How much you want?"

"Not for sale"

"Everyone has their price, How much?"

"OK, £250m"

"No, too much. £76m"

<Click><brrrrrrrrr........>

"Hello?" "Hello?"

It's the 'it won't take long' that worries me. The rest we knew already. 

I'm sure there are examples of him getting quite a bit wrong but Fabrizio is relatively protective of his status as Twitter most reliable Journo (whether it's true or not don't come at me)

Â