The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

so if he did go I’d respect his reasons for doing so but be very disappointed to lose him 

Let’s agree to disagree because while you are wrong I respect your view and decision to be wrong.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Well yes, Leicester fans would've said that because it was highly highly highly unlikely--just as Villa finishing in top 4 is. It COULD happen but 99 times out of 100 it won't.

We could win the league. We could get relegated. Not very sensible predictions though, are they?

But his question was "how many of the 10 teams COULD we overtake this season".

I only would say the top 3 are untouchable. Any of the others are. No idea what will happen though and for me 6th-8th would be a good season.

Even top 4 last season may have been 2 points away if Grealish didn't get injured. I see no reason to just dismiss it and laugh at that suggestion now.

Edited by Okonokos

Just now, Okonokos said:

I only would say the top 3 are untouchable. Any of the others are. No idea what will happen though and for me 6th-8th would be a good season.

Even top 4 last season may have been 2 points away if Grealish didn't get injured. I see no reason to just dismiss it at laugh at that suggestion now.

Yeah, totally respect your opinion and you are right in theory--we COULD overtake anybody, I just think it's unrealistic to say we can/will finish in the top 4.

For the record--definitely not laughing at you or your suggestion.

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yeah, totally respect your opinion and you are right in theory--we COULD overtake anybody, I just think it's unrealistic to say we can/will finish in the top 4.

For the record--definitely not laughing at you or your suggestion.

No I know you're not laughing. The other guy was in a very suspicious way whilst also ingnoring the actual point of my post.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Even top 4 last season may have been 2 points away if Grealish didn't get injured. I see no reason to just dismiss it and laugh at that suggestion now.

A lot depends on what business is done between now and the end of the window 

49 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Leeds will get in to top 4.

11 minutes ago, calcifer said:

This is one of those moments I miss gifs. 

I got you covered

Wtf Homer GIF - Wtf Homer Tom - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KitKat said:

Someone should tell this man that all bets are for something happening in the future.

Sam lee seems to be unravelling the last couple of days - if grealish stays at villa he will need to lay low for a while 

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks there is not the slightest chance Grealish could go to Citeh is deluding themselves. And all this  bollox about him not being a fan if he leaves get over yourself.

He has the chance to play under one of the greatest managers ever, in a free flowing attacking team and win the biggest honours in club football. Cannot ignore  those factors. Don’t think it’s set in stone either way yet. If he stays he’ll be a legend and go down perhaps as out greatest ever player - a fact which will Surley be on his mind as well. And I don’t see how anyone could begrudge him a move if he decides for his career now is the time to depart… we get the fee we want and move on regardless. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

No they're not. We battered them on their patch but for some blatantly dodgy refereeing we would have won. We also had chance after chance but kept fluffing our lines too.

Secondly the game at Villa park was played after we had the covid outbreak which rendered us limp for at least 3 months. 

A team and a season isn't defined by one particular game or one particular moment.

As I've said this team will give us moments very much like last season but it just won't stay consistent.

Reason West Ham finished above us isn't because they have superior individual ability. It's because they are just more solid all over the park.

Until we fix the midfield we won't have the season people in here are predicting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Anyone who thinks there is not the slightest chance Grealish could go to Citeh is deluding themselves. And all this  bollox about him not being a fan if he leaves get over yourself.

He has the chance to play under one of the greatest managers ever, in a free flowing attacking team and win the biggest honours in club football. Cannot ignore  those factors. Don’t think it’s set in stone either way yet. If he stays he’ll be a legend and go down perhaps as out greatest ever player - a fact which will Surley be on his mind as well. And I don’t see how anyone could begrudge him a move if he decides for his career now is the time to depart… we get the fee we want and move on regardless. 

I think everyone agrees with this except for just not this season. Next season we would all say thanks for everything, the offers will still be there. This season we can do something incredible, the signs were there last season. These reinforcements and plans are to get us back into the top 6 with Jack. We lose him now and we’re miles away again. Stay another year and no one can label him as turning his back. He’d go with everyones blessing.

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Never managed a club without huge money and talent behind him. Never managed a European Cup win outside of Barca.

Fraudiola.

• Like 3

Â