The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The problem is, it's all well and good saying we can strengthen in multiple areas with the money but in losing Jack we lose nearly all of our pulling power.  It would probably put Bailey out of reach for starters.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Guess this puts to bed the talk of a release clause?

Would be very surprised if City meet our valuation which has to be at least 130m.

Why does it? City know the price - probably be £100m   
If there was no release clause I don’t think city would have a hope in hell of getting him .

whether city would pay £100m I guess depends on whether they think Kane is gettable too 

I think if city pay £100m they get Jack - but I’m far from convinced they will pay it 

7 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

So many reports of it being 'close'.

I know the reality is that that order of things can be different, but aren't there 3 basic stages....

1. Bid accepted
  2. Players wants to leave
  3. Agree personal terms
  4. Pass medical

I can't see 3 and 4 (even with sore shins) being an issue,, so the only real things to sort is a bid being accepted and Jack's desire to leave.

Unless Jack has told Citeh he wants to join them - it is **** miles away from being done.

As for negotiations...

Citeh - how much for Jack?
Villa  - **** off
Citeh - would you accept £80m?
Villa - **** off
Citeh - £85m
Villa - **** off

Citeh £90m

Villa £120m

City *** off

Villa Okay 

Finished it off for you🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

The problem is, it's all well and good saying we can strengthen in multiple areas with the money but in losing Jack we lose nearly all of our pulling power.  It would probably put Bailey out of reach for starters.

Sets us back this season absolutely no doubt. But over time, it sets us up - I'm thinking if Citeh end up paying £130mill. They won't get him cheap or even discounted. 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Also when Spurs replaced Bale they did all the business before as now teams know we have money 

NSWE and Purslow will only let him go for the right fee. I have full confidence in them. Worst case scenario he leaves and we get a ridiculous amount but I doubt city are willing to pay 100m plus.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Meltdown? Why? No change, Man City want him but won’t meet any valuation we have, if any, so Jack stays, signs contract.  No change to yesterday, last week or last month.

No release clause either. We hold all the cards. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Sam Lee update:

We are a 'weird cult'.

We are really through the looking glass

"Everybody knows",he must have got his journalism degree at clown college

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

- 4 years left on contract.

- Full England international, played and contributed at the Euros.

- One of the best players in the league, arguably the best before he got his injury last season.

- Arguably the most marketable player in the league right now.

There's no reason why we shouldn't set the fee very very high. I'm talking over £150m.

No way city would  pay anywhere near that   They wouldn’t be interested -   I believe percy when said he believed there is a release clause and I doubt it would be over £100m as it would be grealish and his agents who’d want it putting in . 
I think if city pay £100m they get him - for me it’s grealish or Kane as I don’t think they can get both - still far from convinced city would pay £100m 

5 minutes ago, eholm said:

This does indicate that Jack wants to go and that we prob have some agreement with him that if a certain price is met we will accept it. 

How does it? We have no idea what the negotiations are doing, it could be anything from one way discussion to full on close discussion and thats if it’s true. Then you’re assuming a lot about Jack.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Also when Spurs replaced Bale they did all the business before as now teams know we have money 

Another reason why I think he won't go. It's not good business buying when everyone knows you have 100 million knocking about from the sale, NWSE will know this. Which is why I believe they will have no intention of selling him.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No release clause either. We hold all the cards. 

Don’t buy that al all , without a release clause city won’t have a hope in hell of getting him and they’d know it 

3 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

That tweet from Fabrizio is the ultimate hedging your bets tweet. Man City fans are reading it and confident he signs for them, Villa fans read it and think it’s positive news for us. And what ever happens he wasn’t wrong 😂

It’s really not that different from Sam Lee. The needle hasn’t shifted at all. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

No way city would  pay anywhere near that   They wouldn’t be interested -   I believe percy when said he believed there is a release clause and I doubt it would be over £100m as it would be grealish and his agents who’d want it putting in . 
I think if city pay £100m they get him - for me it’s grealish or Kane as I don’t think they can get both - still far from convinced city would pay £100m 

For comparison João Felix went to Atletico for £113m, and Jack is better than him. They probably overpaid to replace Griezmann but the fact is we would have to overpay to replace Grealish as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If there is a release clause, what is there to negotiate then? Either trigger it or jog on.

• Like 1

Â