The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

So many reports of it being 'close'.

I know the reality is that that order of things can be different, but aren't there 3 basic stages....

1. Bid accepted
  2. Players wants to leave
  3. Agree personal terms
  4. Pass medical

I can't see 3 and 4 (even with sore shins) being an issue,, so the only real things to sort is a bid being accepted and Jack's desire to leave.

Unless Jack has told Citeh he wants to join them - it is **** miles away from being done.

As for negotiations...

Citeh - how much for Jack?
Villa  - **** off
Citeh - would you accept £80m?
Villa - **** off
Citeh - £85m
Villa - **** off

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well I hope our "negotiation" tactic is £130m or go away. 

Despite being the most loaded club in world football city seem quite tight with transfer fees. It’s the reason pep has previously stated that Grealish is too expensive for city. Wages on the other hand they are happy to have the most expensive wage bill in the league by a distance. Their tactic seems tap up players with promise of trophies and fat wages so they agitate for a move ala Harry Kane rather than pay the going rate. Jack won’t agitate and city won’t pay so I think he’s going no where.

Edited by mikeyjavfc

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

It's the 'it won't take long' that worries me. The rest we knew already. 

I'm sure there are examples of him getting quite a bit wrong but Fabrizio is relatively protective of his status as Twitter most reliable Journo (whether it's true or not don't come at me)

I read that as it won't take long to make a decision i.e. City/Villa will soon decide whether a deal will be done or not. So still in the balance really, odds probably in City's favour at the moment.

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Aaaaaand meltdown

Meltdown? Why? No change, Man City want him but won’t meet any valuation we have, if any, so Jack stays, signs contract.  No change to yesterday, last week or last month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulie said:

Good sign.  Tells me there isn’t a release clause after all.

Not sure. I kind of read it like they’ll try and get him for a lower amount, maybe promises of sell on fees etc but ultimately just pay the clause. That’s the “it won’t take long bit” and why we’ve offered him a new contract. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

What if Pepe, decides he wants to go home, next season, it is feasible, the time he has been at city.....City's success, relies a lot on him.

People's minds change.

Pepe? Which one?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Meltdown? Why? No change, Man City want him but won’t meet any valuation we have, if any, so Jack stays, signs contract.  No change to yesterday, last week or last month.

I agree. But let's see how many pages we're on come 10pm. 2735 when posted.

We don't need reasons for a meltdown.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's the 'it won't take long' that worries me. The rest we knew already. 

I'm sure there are examples of him getting quite a bit wrong but Fabrizio is relatively protective of his status as Twitter most reliable Journo (whether it's true or not don't come at me)

The timing makes some sense. First premier league game is two weeks away. City have the Charity Shield a week before. Grealish is back from holiday this weekend.

Both Villa and City have friendly fixtures on Saturday, likely followed with a rest day on Sunday, before training resumes on Monday.

He'll be reporting to one of the clubs on Monday you would think.

Edited by Wes

21 minutes ago, birdman said:

This came up on my news feed earlier. As usual, likely an outright lie but it caught my attention regardless as its the first time I've seen such a claim. 

"The Sky Blues are close to completing a deal for the 25-year-old, who has refused to extend his contract at Villa Park after having his head turned by the opportunity of playing Champions League football at City." 

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/transfer-rumours/jack-grealish-to-complete-man-city-move-next-week-aston-villa-losing-fight-to-keep-hold-of-midfielder

spacer.png

Â