The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

There is no plus to him leaving. Everything about him staying is manageable. Jack would have to go to the board and say I want to go to Xclub, highly unlikely but even then I'd wager we could sway him and get him to stay.

I've said this before, but this is the most unlikely window for Jack to choose to go, we're on the brink of pushing for top6, maybe a cup God willing, should we have such a season I'd say we have got him for life.

You can't say that with any degree of certainty. Your not been at all objective. Things we do know to be pretty factual - Man City will challenge for the league, will be competitive in Europe and go deep in the champions league. Villa finish top 6 ? Well, maybe. Most certainly not nailed on. Just trying to be fair. You can't make the case for him staying when the argument is weaker than him going.

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Alright guys, make of this what you will but if you look back through my posts you will see that I am rarely wrong. I was one of the first to say OGS was on the plane, I was an early supporter of Barry Bannan, I stalked a certain female snowboarder and I was also caught in flagrante with a certain lady you all seemed happy to message. I was first to bring you news of Torres coming to Villa. In short I know my shit and once shared a car with Jack (less said about that the better). Speaking with my contact he tells me that Jack is hours away from getting a mixed grill from Broadway 2. Thank me later boys. 

Apologies, turns out Broadway 2 was closed and last seen heading to Deansgate. 

Which Broadway 2 that is the question 😛

• Haha 1

romano gets some bad press on here, but i've found him reputable personally. i know i'm in the minority there. for most it seems like it's percy or nothing

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

romano gets some bad press on here, but i've found him reputable personally. i know i'm in the minority there. for most it seems like it's percy or nothing

It's not like Romano has some crazy inside scoop or anything, but if he's reporting something it usually means it's pretty reliable and/or far along. He doesn't just speculate for the sake of it like Sam Lee for example.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

There is no plus to him leaving. Everything about him staying is manageable. Jack would have to go to the board and say I want to go to Xclub, highly unlikely but even then I'd wager we could sway him and get him to stay.

I've said this before, but this is the most unlikely window for Jack to choose to go, we're on the brink of pushing for top6, maybe a cup God willing, should we have such a season I'd say we have got him for life.

Phil, we can't see around the corner and no Villa fan wants him to go, but if he does, he obviously is not as convinced of the project as much as we are.

I think England has altered his thoughts....as it usually does for teams with great players in midtable.

Its hard to comment too much, until a final decision is made.....I am bracing myself, for bad news, but I also think every cloud has a silver lining.....and I think ours will be a silver lining, like I say......win/win.

Who would have thought losing to Fulham, has landed us here.....never in the reign of pigs pudding, at the time, would we envisage this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

He just posts when deals are done though

Just now, Johnnyp said:

You can't say that with any degree of certainty. Your not been at all objective. Things we do know to be pretty factual - Man City will challenge for the league, will be competitive in Europe and go deep in the champions league. Villa finish top 6 ? Well, maybe. Most certainly not nailed on. Just trying to be fair. You can't make the case for him staying when the argument is weaker than him going.

You cannot assume the argument for leaving is greater. Jack would rather achieve things here then anywhere else and that's a fact. What he does know is that these biionaires are hell bent on achieving these things at Jack's club, fact. The fear of us being successful and not be being part of it will weigh heavily on Jack.

At this point there is zero evidence that Citeh are definitely Interested other then Pep has expressed his admiration of Jack's ability, fact. There are realistically 3 clubs that Jack could go to, PSG, Citeh and Chelsea, no one else can afford or.need Jack.

My personal opinion is that he is more likely to stay at Villa then leave.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

You can't make the case for him staying when the argument is weaker than him going.

No chance! The chance of him staying is far stronger than him going, as many of us have argued.  If you don’t agree, that’s fine but it’s not clear cut like you are making it to be.

• Like 1

What if Pepe, decides he wants to go home, next season, it is feasible, the time he has been at city.....City's success, relies a lot on him.

People's minds change.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

He just posts when deals are done though

that's basically percy. percy posts SLIGHTLY earlier, but generally speaking they're both 'tap in merchants'

and i don't have a problem with that. frankly i wish all journos were like that. reporting facts, not speculation

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Phil, we can't see around the corner and no Villa fan wants him to go, but if he does, he obviously is not as convinced of the project as much as we are.

I think England has altered his thoughts....as it usually does for teams with great players in midtable.

Its hard to comment too much, until a final decision is made.....I am bracing myself, for bad news, but I also think every cloud has a silver lining.....and I think ours will be a silver lining, like I say......win/win.

Who would have thought losing to Fulham, has landed us here.....never in the reign of pigs pudding, at the time, would we envisage this.

Fair enough TRO, I completely understand the ideology behind you're thought process, very balanced.

Just now, tomav84 said:

that's basically percy. percy posts SLIGHTLY earlier, but generally speaking they're both 'tap in merchants'

and i don't have a problem with that. frankly i wish all journos were like that. reporting facts, not speculation

I dunno, Romano called Daka and Soumare to Leicester waaaaay before the deal was announced. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

You cannot assume the argument for leaving is greater. Jack would rather achieve things here then anywhere else and that's a fact. What he does know is that these biionaires are hell bent on achieving these things at Jack's club, fact. The fear of us being successful and not be being part of it will weigh heavily on Jack.

At this point there is zero evidence that Citeh are definitely Interested other then Pep has expressed his admiration of Jack's ability, fact. There are realistically 3 clubs that Jack could go to, PSG, Citeh and Chelsea, no one else can afford or.need Jack.

My personal opinion is that he is more likely to stay at Villa then leave.

I also think there is more chance Dean Smith staying for the long Haul, than Pepe....that is a huge factor IMO.

• Like 1

This came up on my news feed earlier. As usual, likely an outright lie but it caught my attention regardless as its the first time I've seen such a claim. 

"The Sky Blues are close to completing a deal for the 25-year-old, who has refused to extend his contract at Villa Park after having his head turned by the opportunity of playing Champions League football at City." 

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/transfer-rumours/jack-grealish-to-complete-man-city-move-next-week-aston-villa-losing-fight-to-keep-hold-of-midfielder

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Some of the comments. Talk about stating the obvious. 

Say your penny worth Sheepy.....its free....well in my case £5 per month.😀

Value for money, is my motto.

Edited by TRO

Â