The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are you English?

If you arez and you agree with him " Not caring if they lost " after Jack came of... I have nothing more to add.

Yes I'm English. I don't care about the Euros or World Cup except for Villa players. I'll support the Olympic team but thats because the competitions are actually entertaining normallybas opposed to the English National side. I'll watch but I don't care unless we actually have skin in the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I can't link it but the athletic have done a piece on the substitution, absolutely hammers his defensive work and positioning 

That's a failure of Southgates way of playing not Jack. An impact sub is not brought on to fecking defend like his life depends on it. It's a failure of the team not getting the ball to him when he was constantly in space. Then he looks like he's not putting the work in. Denmark were knackered and all we needed was decent possession and players willing to pass and move with Jack. Didn't really happen that much! Not Jack's fault imo. Shit tactics that still paid off...just. 

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are you English?

If you are, and you agree with him " Not caring if they lost " after Jack came of... I have nothing more to add.

I’m English, but I wouldn’t be overly bothered how we did in this tournament if Grealish and Mings weren’t in the squad. Not really anything to do with Southgate specifically, although his handling of Grealish during his time as England manager has been questionable at times.

I’m just not very patriotic. I used to be, especially Euro 96, but I’m just not really fussed about it anymore. No idea why.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I bet its that clown who has been having a go at Grealish all tournament, not sure of his name but he wears glasses and thinks he is a statto

Its by Liam Twomey and Tom Worville.

It's basically a few screenshots of Grealish pressing on his own, and then the Danes easily playing around it...because he is pressing on his own and the players behind are not following up. 

Of course there were many examples throughout the game before he came on where the Danes easily beat our press in the same way; England don't really press as a team consistently.

They also criticise him for losing the ball on the edge of the Danish box, because it nearly led to a break, even though it actually didn't. God knows what they would have written had he sent the opposition striker through 1 on 1 like Sterling did against Germany... 

• Like 1

Just now, Villa94 said:

does jack really do any less pressing/defending than saka,sterling,foden or sancho ???

Sancho and Foden have barely featured, Saka is a defender by nature, and very quick, Sterling is also extremely quick, and like it or not, has created and scored for England throughout the tournament, even if he does alot of shite.

8 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

does jack really do any less pressing/defending than saka,sterling,foden or sancho ???

dont forget the famous Mount press, first time I watched it fully in action last night. Strolls up to a Danish defender who passes around him and continued it for the entire game

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Just because one team beats another doesn't mean you'd beat the side that was beaten. 2nd they completely changed up their DM pairing after that game which made them way better.

I also said to a lesser extent. I mostly meant Spain, Italy and Belgium as the teams we'd get schooled by. 

You mentioned Portugal originally

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Old enough to understand the basic concept that performance is more indicative of future results than current and past results. And we perform awfully. 

Then why are you here? If your belief is that your opinion is right no matter what the evidence, what do you get out of these discussions? 

My 2 cents on why Southgate isn’t picking Grealish from the start of matches, it could be and I stress could be because he played for Ireland u15s earlier in his career. This is pure speculation but maybe Southgate wants players that are fully English and committed to the cause. I can’t think of another reason why he isn’t picking him, I’d like to hear other poster’s opinions on this 

• Confused 1

Â