The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I’m happy for the players and the fans. I just don’t like Southgate the manager and never have. He is boring, his style is boring, his tactics are boring. He has an embarrassment of riches with that squad and we win in spite of him. It maybe irrational, I don’t care, I just don’t like the man. Really happy we are in the final though. The players involved deserve it and it’s a feel good story for the country. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If Jack and Ty weren't playing for England I'd want England to lose. It's the same as hating Blues being a Villa fan. The closer the team the bigger the rivalry etc..

I'd love to see Jack play a key role in England winning the Euro's. I hope he comes on and scores the winner in the final. Would be chuffed for him. But I do want Italy to score first or at least it be 0-0 until he gets to come on because I don't give a jot about England as I'm not English. I care 100% about Jack and Ty.

btw I've never been over to the game threads, just explaining the pov of some non English Villa fans.

Where you from?

I don’t care about England but I think Southgate has got it right all Euros in his team selections, tactics and use of subs including Jack. I think Italy will be too good for England though, Jack or no Jack.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

After the game yesterday a Liverpool fan sent me a message saying if they win Hendo will be the only English player to ever win Euros, league, European Cup and World Club cup. I thought that was pretty pathetic thing to send straight after such a great win. Especially for a grown man.  It’s playground stuff.

Anyway point is don’t be that guy when it comes to Jack.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t care about England but I think Southgate has got it right all Euros in his team selections, tactics and use of subs including Jack. I think England will be too good for England though, Jack or no Jack.

England will never be good enough for England, as this forum has demonstrated.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I genuinely wish I hadnt just read the match thread. Cheering for Denmark after Jack was subbed. Who even wants fans like that? What a bunch of idiots :blink:

Calling people idiots for being pissed off at something, how very sanctimonious.

I'm not English and would have loved to see England lose. That didn't change over the course of the game, but certainly got worse as Sterling dived to earn an extra time penalty with two balls on the pitch and the on-field ref, linesman and VAR all did nothing because, you know, why uphold the rules of the game we're all watching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Can't argue with the man, it worked. Also there's no way you can watch this and his last few interviews about Jack and think there's a personal vendetta or something. They both seem absolutely cool with each other.

I was at the game and trust me Grealish wasn’t happy at the end. Grealish is just feeding the media lip service, he’s hardly going to come out and slag the manager.   Any footballer should be furious is this happens to them, if they aren’t then they shouldn’t be playing the game imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Calling people idiots for being pissed off at something, how very sanctimonious.

I'm not English and would have loved to see England lose. That didn't change over the course of the game, but certainly got worse as Sterling dived to earn an extra time penalty with two balls on the pitch and the on-field ref, linesman and VAR all did nothing because, you know, why uphold the rules of the game we're all watching.

The same officials that did nothing to disallow Denmark's goal or give a penalty for a foul on Kane?

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Always struggle to get my head around how someone can support an English club side but want the English national team to lose so badly—just doesn’t make sense to me.

Each to their own though.

Really? There's no connection at all. Let's face it the premier League is popular around the world, but that doesn't mean there aren't people from various countries who don't have good reason to feel no, or neautral, love towards England in an international tournament. 

Edit: maybe you just meant people in England!

Edited by Rolta

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Really? There's no connection at all. Let's face it the premier League is popular around the world, but that doesn't mean there aren't people from various countries who don't have good reason to feel no, or neautral, love towards England in an international tournament. 

Edit: maybe you just meant people in England!

I guess if I actively disliked a countries national team and wanted them to lose when I watched them, I’d certainly find it very strange to then pick a club team from said country to support—just seems odd. Clubs like ours are steeped in English football history.

I can’t claim to be in that demographic though, so.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, WHY said:

I was at the game and trust me Grealish wasn’t happy at the end. Grealish is just feeding the media lip service, he’s hardly going to come out and slag the manager.   Any footballer should be furious is this happens to them, if they aren’t then they shouldn’t be playing the game imo.

I'm not saying he was thrilled with the decision, but I don't think there's any animosity between the two, at least not anymore (seemed like Southgate had an issue with Jack in their U21 days). I think he's mature enough to understand the decision, and since it worked out in the end will swallow his pride.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I'm not saying he was thrilled with the decision, but I don't think there's any animosity between the two, at least not anymore (seemed like Southgate had an issue with Jack in their U21 days). I think he's mature enough to understand the decision, and since it worked out in the end will swallow his pride.

He's in the squad for an international final, every danger he'll get some minutes and maybe just maybe a winners medal 

Its proper once in a lifetime stuff

I'm sure he'll be OK with what happened, much bigger picture 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Denmark were dead on their feet, we played the whole of the 1st half of ET in their half, why not just finish them off instead of inviting pressure. We will come unstuck doing that against better teams. Football is all about opinions though, this is what makes it the game it is.

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

Denmark were dead on their feet, we played the whole of the 1st half of ET in their half, why not just finish them off instead of inviting pressure. We will come unstuck doing that against better teams. Football is all about opinions though, this is what makes it the game it is.

I agree with you. Hard to argue about hypotheticals though, when the current facts are that what he did ultimately worked and England are in a final. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Always struggle to get my head around how someone can support an English club side but want the English national team to lose so badly—just doesn’t make sense to me.

Each to their own though.

I talk to a solid group of Premier League fans online on another forum. Mostly fans of the big boy clubs but my word, the amount of vitriol yesterday rivaled that of folks on here. The key factor though is they are American so they won't have any loyalty to the national team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll be bookmarking some of the best bollox i've read in this thread, to reuse in future Dean Smith and match threads.

Incredible material in here.

Some good stuff for the space exploration thread, that's for sure.

• Haha 2

Â