The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

how can he play for england then

They were friendlies 

You're only locked in if its an official game for one of the governing bodies, so qualifier or tournament game 

The nations league might lock more players in, the number of friendlies are reduced 

• Like 1

I don’t like Southgate ball… it’s nothing more than bore the opposition in to making mistakes and capitalise. If it’s not working, put on the flair players. 
Shithouseary all the way, but it’s working. 
just a shame the flair player we give a shit about is not boring and safe enough. 

mad that England are playing like Italy of old and now Italy are playing like how English fans want England to play 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Be fair, everyone posts reactionary bullshit and satire in there. Everyone is guilty. 

Which needs to stop. Not a lot of satire in what was posted last night either. It’s truly unbearable trying to engage in debate about the match when most people are fuming irrationally.

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

I agree on both counts. I'm sure over on the City forums they can't understand how Foden isn't in the team either. It's madness. However Southgate has got the morale of the camp a lot better than it used to be and the player like playing for England now. That's one of the biggest things he's done. He is trying to bore his way to victory and now they are in the final nobody will criticize him. 

I think Foden is a fantastic young footballer but just doesn't fit into the England style of play.  He is used to dominating the ball and playing with technically excellent footballers who, largely, take minimal touches and pass and move much quicker than England do. 

I do think the morale is also naturally better also because you do not have the same dominance in the squad as you have had historically - players from seven different clubs in the starting XI on Wednesday and this is broadly reflected in the squad as well.  No longer is it just Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal players as it was 20 years ago.  It is also a pretty young squad and the younger guys seem much friendlier - witness Jack's summer hols where he is always pictured with Deli Ali, Madison etc.. 

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jack is faster with the ball then all of them. If we want fast, let's get Kriss Akabusi.

On YouTube on the official England channel thingy Jack beat Sterling in a training drill Sterling couldn't take it he kept questioning the coaches and the rest of the squad were shell shocked too. At start of season he looked a yard quicker.

The way he skinned Bellerin who's one of the quickest should be enough to tell everyone how quick he is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

I genuinely wish I hadnt just read the match thread. Cheering for Denmark after Jack was subbed. Who even wants fans like that? What a bunch of idiots :blink:

You assume everyone who supports Aston Villa is English? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

You assume everyone who supports Aston Villa is English? 

No but to get that angry about him going off leads me to think that prior to that they wanted him to do well and thus the team he plays for too. Not to mention had Denmark turned it around, Jack wouldn't be playing (and potentially winning) a European Championship.

So by that logic, English or otherwise, everyone's in the same boat and equally ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

On YouTube on the official England channel thingy Jack beat Sterling in a training drill Sterling couldn't take it he kept questioning the coaches and the rest of the squad were shell shocked too. At start of season he looked a yard quicker.

The way he skinned Bellerin who's one of the quickest should be enough to tell everyone how quick he is.

Meh, Jack is overrated, if he was any good  he would be an England starter, hope we sell him.

Animated GIF

• Haha 2

If Jack and Ty weren't playing for England I'd want England to lose. It's the same as hating Blues being a Villa fan. The closer the team the bigger the rivalry etc..

I'd love to see Jack play a key role in England winning the Euro's. I hope he comes on and scores the winner in the final. Would be chuffed for him. But I do want Italy to score first or at least it be 0-0 until he gets to come on because I don't give a jot about England as I'm not English. I care 100% about Jack and Ty.

btw I've never been over to the game threads, just explaining the pov of some non English Villa fans.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, R.Bear said:

In the same way people still harp on about the choices made in 1966 like Greavsie being dropped, the formation etc being successful, if Southgate pulls it off on Sunday then for decades people will be talking the same way for him too.

The way he rotated the squad, the way he used Grealish as a difference maker etc etc. His decisions will go down in English football folklore. History is written by the winners as they say.

Crazy to me that Southgate could actually catch criticism for how he won the tournament. Is this a UK thing?  I just can't imagine most countries caring at all how they won if their teams beings home a major final cup. 

10 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I genuinely wish I hadnt just read the match thread. Cheering for Denmark after Jack was subbed. Who even wants fans like that? What a bunch of idiots :blink:

just read it myself...genuinely laugh out loud funny

19 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I don’t speak for anyone else, but on my part, it was a joke bud. Relax.

Â