The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll be bookmarking some of the best bollox i've read in this thread, to reuse in future Dean Smith and match threads.

Incredible material in here.

I was having flashback to times last season! I never want to go back to that. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I guess if I actively disliked a countries national team and wanted them to lose when I watched them, I’d certainly find it very strange to then pick a club team from said country to support—just seems odd. Clubs like ours are steeped in English football history.

I can’t claim to be in that demographic though, so.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Recently I lived with a Pakistani Man U fan and was hanging out with an Irish Newcastle fan. They're a small sample size, but I can't imagine thinking these guys should support the English national team just because they follow clubs in England (they don't support England—one of them vociferously so!). The clubs might be steeped in English football history, but that is very different to English warmongering imperial history, which seems to be what people object to.

I guess the prem is just a massive product and there are supporters who don't have the same connection as someone 'local'. But I also think just because you like something that's English it doesn't mean you automatically can't have reservations about certain things about England itself.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I was having flashback to times last season! I never want to go back to that. 

" We won, but did we REALLY win? "

* Proceeds to scientifically break down why results, aren't really results.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

One thing that I’ve noticed is that there are literally no photos of Jack and Mings together… Nor have they seemed to celebrate together at full time. 

Mings and Coady seem joined at the hip.

I thought it was a poor call from Southgate to take Jack off in the match. I understand his reasoning, but the fact is we were well on top in the first half of extra time, then, when he brought Trippier on, we were pretty much hanging on for the last 15 minutes against 10 men. 

16 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd be unhappy. Boring football is boring football. It's entertainment and that is what should come first

I think winning football is entertaining. That's what I want.....Its hard to score against the really good sides, so not conceding, is a huge help.

Entertainment is subjective......gung ho attacking football can soon lose its appeal, when you keep losing......The holy grail is a balance of knowing when to attack and when to defend.

These Euro's have made a clear example of the need to defend as well as you attack.....one without the other, is flawed.

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I genuinely wish I hadnt just read the match thread. Cheering for Denmark after Jack was subbed. Who even wants fans like that? What a bunch of idiots :blink:

does anything surprise you anymore?

35 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

One thing that I’ve noticed is that there are literally no photos of Jack and Mings together… Nor have they seemed to celebrate together at full time. 

I was there last night and they were walking, arms round each other and chatting for a good minute or so shortly after full time.  

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I thought it was a poor call from Southgate to take Jack off in the match. I understand his reasoning, but the fact is we were well on top in the first half of extra time, then, when he brought Trippier on, we were pretty much hanging on for the last 15 minutes against 10 men. 

It's not what I would have done, but ultimately we won the game so it's hard to criticise a manager's decisions when they result in us (England) winning games. 

12 hours ago, vreitti said:

It's funny how it always seems to be a question of "needing more of something" when it comes to Jack. 

yeah Goals...In order to hit the very top heights, I think that's what he has to do.

No, its not just Jack, but any mercurial talent who plays in attack.

I love what Jack does....but adding goals will cement or project his status.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Just walked past a group of Asian lads in Bradford singing super Jack. 

He really is growing in popularity :)

Mrs H29 said her Hungarian (girl) friends all talking about him in their WhatsApp group … doubt it’s football related though

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Mrs H29 said her Hungarian (girl) friends all talking about him in their WhatsApp group … doubt it’s footballs related though

im sure its partly related......

Â