The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ornstein keeps getting it so somebody with an Arsenal connection 

Probably one of our guys, I heard we bought the link from Arsenal.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno if he's over thinking everything, each of these attacking talents plays a certain way and he's trying to fit them in to his system and his shape when in reality they're maybe good enough to send them out there with their bollocks tickled and let them play football 

Jack plays for villa like this and we don't, sancho plays for dortmund like this and we don't... Its all bollocks

There is a danger of that.....usually borne out of indecision.

Its one of the worst traits in Leadership or Management...To those people its more important, not to get it wrong, than to be seen trying to get it right.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Needs to grab this opportunity with both hands. He won't have another chance. 

No pressure Jack 

I have absolutely no doubt he will 

18 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Needs to grab this opportunity with both hands. He won't have another chance. 

No pressure Jack 

Both feet....else he'll get booked.

"So Gareth, another MOTM performance from Jack what did you think of his performance tonight"

"Well firstly i think Mason Mount's attitude after having to isolate has been absolutely outstanding, and we are all hoping to have him back as soon as possible."

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Not sure how reliable?.. 

203574321_10227595489899917_356574139778

Hmmm, pinch of salt of course but that would suggest straight swap for Mount. System remains.

That would mean Jack would need to have output in assists and goals to retain his place. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Watching that at 1.5x, I really do no see the comparisons. Jack is a far superior 'consistent' dribbler and passer. God I'm so nostalgic for that era though. Love the aesthetic.

Clips I've seen of Best are closer. I say without shame.

Of course I think that I should be England first and foremost but I will be really upset if Jack does not start tonight. Sad that it will make such a difference to my night whether Jack starts or not, but this is true.

Much as I'm a big fan of Jack, I must say that he still has a bit of a way to go to be compared to Bestie or to Pele, Cruyff or Eusebio, come to think of it. ;) 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Maguire will play tonight and he's still playign two holding midfield players, so I really dont think that has anything to do with it. Southgate is a very cautious manager who has his favourites and Grealish doesnt fit in.

If you look at the official England squad you will see there are only 5 midfielders in the squad. Of those 5 midfielders, Mount is the only recognised box2box MF. He’s now out. We’re left with what are essentially 3 recognised holding MFs in Phillips, Rice, and Henderson. Of those 3 DMF, Henderson hasn’t played a competitive match in over 3 months. Then we have 17yr old Jude Bellingham as a CM. So it’s clear to see that Southgate has left midfield incredibly vulnerable. And we know the squad has been left light at CF. It never was a particularly well balanced squad, I couldn’t understand why much of the media waxed lyrical about the squad upon its release. It’s far too heavy in defensive players. 

Â