The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think it all stems from Southgate not trusting Mings and Stones, so he plays with 2 holding players, denying us another creative player.

He doesn't want players taking risks, hence our play becomes dull and unimaginitive.....players like Jack are in fear to express themselves, in danger of breaching the instructed format.

Southgate has the look of a man who has just missed a penalty in a Euro cup game.....That miss seems to have carved out his persona, in general, sad really.

There is nothing wrong in "Cautious" or nothing wrong in "Gung ho"...........Provided the mix is right and you know when to do what.....its about decision making and knowing how to win.

PS  Italy are good at this, thats why they are tournamount past masters.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

It's staggering that some folk still don't understand what villareport is 🤯

What? An attention seeking liar? Just block them and then you don't have to see the rubbish they spout.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think it all stems from Southgate not trusting Mings and Stones, so he plays with 2 holding players, denying us another creative player.

He doesn't want players taking risks, hence our play becomes dull and unimaginitive.....players like Jack are in fear to express themselves, in danger of breaching the instructed format.

He'd play a back 6 if he had McGrath and Baresi at centre half. He's just a gutless gobshite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Same here bud, hope he blows the Czechs away. This wasn't supposed to be but it's looking like the toughest game in the group now, so glad we gave the points on the board.

Just want him to show what we know he's capable of.

Perhaps a bit of Jungian synchronicity at play. Mount's unconscious mind knew that for the good of the nation Jack had to get minutes to show Southgate the error in his thinking. Therefore, the urge to frolic in the tunnel with Gilmour manifested in Mount's conscious mind. Meaning Mount misses the game and thereby allowing Jack to become un-droppable for the subsequent games and shining throughout the tournament. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Just want him to show what we know he's capable of.

Perhaps a bit of Jungian synchronicity at play. Mount's unconscious mind knew that for the good of the nation Jack had to get minutes to show Southgate the error in his thinking. Therefore, the urge to frolic in the tunnel with Gilmour manifested in Mount's conscious mind. Meaning Mount misses the game and thereby allowing Jack to become un-droppable for the subsequent games and shining throughout the tournament. 

Brilliant mate😂

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

He'd play a back 6 if he had McGrath and Baresi at centre half. He's just a gutless gobshite.

Don't give him ideas!! I'm expecting Trippier on the left wing and Walker at No.10. He did say they can play anywhere. Anything to keep Jack out!!!

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not sure if been mentioned but Grealish is now 10/11 to stay at villa and evens to join City.

Not been keeping abreast of betting markets. Are the odds shortening or lengthening for City transfer?

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Watching that at 1.5x, I really do no see the comparisons. Jack is a far superior 'consistent' dribbler and passer. God I'm so nostalgic for that era though. Love the aesthetic.

Clips I've seen of Best are closer. I say without shame.

Of course I think that I should be England first and foremost but I will be really upset if Jack does not start tonight. Sad that it will make such a difference to my night whether Jack starts or not, but this is true.

I would say that the way he moves and dribbles, Jack could be compared to Michael Laudrup...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Not been keeping abreast of betting markets. Are the odds shortening or lengthening for City transfer?

Lengthened. He was odds on to join City for ages. I asked sky for odds on him to stay at Villa and they’ve since added it to the site. But many on here felt they wouldn’t even offer the market.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Don't give him ideas!! I'm expecting Trippier on the left wing and Walker at No.10. He did say they can play anywhere. Anything to keep Jack out!!!

Mount under Southgates mask. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Lengthened. He was odds on to join City for ages. I asked sky for odds on him to stay at Villa and they’ve since added it to the site. But many on here felt they wouldn’t even offer the market.

Thank you for the free money

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not sure if been mentioned but Grealish is now 10/11 to stay at villa and evens to join City.

Jack is central to our project......I see a questionable project without Jack.

I don't see him going anywhere....it makes no sense.....I also think too much is going on to excite Jack, he will want to be a part of that.....The owners for once in our lifetime can resist huge offers, just like Dortmund can for Sancho.....Man city can want him all they like, but he is our player. Jack will be thrown in to a "gladiators ring" elsewhere.....He will never feel the love like he gets at Villa Park.

Anywhere else Jack will be a top player, but as soon as his form dips ,he will be yesterdays man......Jack will follow Steven Gerards stance and become a legend.....maybe Jack already is.

Stay where you belong Jack, its written in the Stars.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I think its difficult comparing Jack to any player from the past, as the space today is so minimal....and he has bits of many players techniques in his armoury.

Jack is just........Jack to me and his abilities will always remain a Villa Park Phenomenon.....His national image is overwhelming and just flies in the face of International standing form his manager.

Jack will be a PR dream with or without the International Stage.....just a shame the International team is being denied a talent they can ill afford to ignore.

Cameo roles here and there are an indictment of our inability to appoint managers at International level, for the prime reasons......Jack was introduced to England far too late IMO and I don't see much changing with this incumbent.

Gareth might be politically correct, but he is game wise ,Bankrupt.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

Southgate has the look of a man who has just missed a penalty in a Euro cup game.....That miss seems to have carved out his persona, in general, sad really.

There is nothing wrong in "Cautious" or nothing wrong in "Gung ho"...........Provided the mix is right and you know when to do what.....its about decision making and knowing how to win.

PS  Italy are good at this, thats why they are tournamount past masters.

Maguire will play tonight and he's still playign two holding midfield players, so I really dont think that has anything to do with it. Southgate is a very cautious manager who has his favourites and Grealish doesnt fit in.

In my opinion there are 2 major differences with Jack and Gazza...

Gazza was more forceful in carrying the ball and slightly more direct, with more of a haunch shoulder look about him when carrying the ball. Jack in comparison just glides around the pitch when carrying the ball. Like he isn't even trying. I think Jack is far prettier to watch as he's more graceful.  

The other difference is that Gazza was a filthy little shit and very much carried by emotion on the pitch. Full on flying in for challenges which is what also endeared him to the masses. As we know Jack is much much cooler than that and playing emotionally isn't a problem but Gazza was far more aggressive on the pitch. 

Jack is without doubt the best ball carrying player England have had since Gazza in that similar role. But that's really where it ends. They are so totally different in style and personality. 

Gazza was magic though and was undoubtedly world class. Not even a smidgen of debate on that. Jack in comparison has someway to go but has everything to elevate himself to legendary status in a similar way that Gazza did. He just needs a decent manager to turn him loose for England. 

I also agree with him being introduced to full international football late. By about 3 years.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Maguire will play tonight and he's still playign two holding midfield players, so I really dont think that has anything to do with it. Southgate is a very cautious manager who has his favourites and Grealish doesnt fit in.

Oh Ok.

Â