The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

There was one cross-field ball from McGinn that Jack took down with an immaculate touch as if he had just dropped the ball down himself with his hands. Was incredible skill and didn’t get a single mention from the commentators. 

• Like 1

Just a few quotes from the redcafe thread about him (which has gotten almost 10 pages since the game ended)

He would be bloody brilliant for us.

Arguably the best player on the pitch tonight

Hate playing against him. Would love him here though.

He was good I have to admit. Don't like him though. Would change immediately if he played for us.

No longer saving his team from relegation, now he's pushing them towards top 4.

What a player.

He's such a diver.

But, he's a fecking brilliant player. Can't think of a player I'd want at Utd more than him. He's top quality

We played all of our DMs and none of them could handle him. He's absolute quality.

would hate it if he ends up at City or the Scousers

impossible to get the fecking ball off him

He's a detestable prick, but if he was here he'd be our detestable prick.

I’d literally stab a baby to sign him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The level of player we sign will dictate how long we have him for an his desire to stay here. Success breeds success and Jack wants trophies. Ideally with us but if we're not realistically challenging for the Title and other trophies in the next two seasons he'll be looking for a move.

Yes he's a Villa fan but he's a professional footballer too.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

For him, I didn't think he was great to be honest. Jack broke all my scales of his performance long ago. It's his fault not mine.

Fact: He assisted the goal, made loads of chances, and Utd could only stop him by booting him to pieces.

Opinion: I unfairly expect the world of him because he's so good and I didn't think he quite delivered today. He lost the ball in a couple of advanced areas where usually he'd make something happen. He didn't get on the ball enough for long spells when we were struggling to get out - part of that was perhaps tactical as he was staying very high to hold their midfield back.

For a normal midfielder a fantastic performance. For Jack Grealish a 7/10.

I think he's pretty tired and Barkley's return will lift him massively. El Ghazi, Traore, Watkins and McGinn were well off where they've been so he was right up against it. Coming off the back of 7 days without a game I think we'd have beaten them today.

On that, it's Man Utd at OT and they snuck past us by a grubby pen that we would never ever get. We're getting there.

If we keep improving as a team, it's frightening how good he'll be because refs won't allow teams to have 4 or 5 digs each before booking them. We'll be getting very used to playing against 9 or 10 men.

They should have been down to 10 just for persistent fouling today. This is why I want Costa for the rest of the season he'll be in the referee's ear . Obviously we will be down to 10 if he starts but we need just a little more of a nasty streak in us.

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How many assists is that this season?

Quoting myself but hey. 
Premier league app has him joint second in the league, level with Fernandes and KDB with 7. Only Kane on 10 has more. Look at the forwards and midfield those other players have around them. 

Ready for him to go back out left. We lose to much of our goal threat when he picks up the ball 30-40 yards from goal. 

He was great as always but his shots on goal have markedly dropped off since he started playing in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

They should have been down to 10 just for persistent fouling today. This is why I want Costa for the rest of the season he'll be in the referee's ear . Obviously we will be down to 10 if he starts but we need just a little more of a nasty streak in us.

Ref was awful. They got away with shirt pulling all game. Should have dished out a load more yellows.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Matic tried to hurt Grealish when he got booked. Disliked the way he turned away too as if to smirk at the referee after what could of been a nasty injury.

People often say he falls to the ground too easily but he is strong, some of the challenges he receives make you wince. Needs more protection from referees and I think that's why he can make a meal out of some challenges.

I was a massive fan of Van Basten growing up and I do worry about the amount of bad tackles Grealish receives.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

For him, I didn't think he was great to be honest. Jack broke all my scales of his performance long ago. It's his fault not mine.

Fact: He assisted the goal, made loads of chances, and Utd could only stop him by booting him to pieces.

Opinion: I unfairly expect the world of him because he's so good and I didn't think he quite delivered today. He lost the ball in a couple of advanced areas where usually he'd make something happen. He didn't get on the ball enough for long spells when we were struggling to get out - part of that was perhaps tactical as he was staying very high to hold their midfield back.

I think he's pretty tired and Barkley's return will lift him massively. El Ghazi, Traore, Watkins and McGinn were well off where they've been so he was right up against it. Coming off the back of 7 days without a game I think we'd have beaten them today.

On that, it's Man Utd at OT and they snuck past us by a grubby pen that we would never ever get. We're getting there.

If we keep improving as a team, it's frightening how good he'll be because refs won't allow teams to have 4 or 5 digs each before booking them. We'll be getting very used to playing against 9 or 10 men.

Fantastic post mate! 

The last paragraph is just so true. Matic made three fouls before being carded. Fernandes made at least three or four but no card. Pogba three or four but no card. 

I'm sick of refs booking our players after the first foul then allowing opposing players to make three or four fouls before showing a card. 

Jack is next level. My Dad said tonight "they rely on Grealish too much because of how good he is". I said to him "what do you expect? Do you think Barcelona fans moan if the ball keeps being given to Messi to do something?" Like I said to Dad, if we had Messi playing for us we would be screaming for the players to give him the ball. Jack's so brilliant the other players simply have to get him on the ball. 

He’s magic.

If and when the day comes he leaves I really **** hope it’s not to these shitehawks. He can do much better and the constant tapping up they do through the media, and have done for decades, is a disgrace.

• Like 1

Absolutely love him.

Much prefer him at wide left. Watch that highlight compilation. Playing number 10 he beats the 1st man then he's got another covering midfielder and the back 4 to beat. He can't be as deadly from there and he's far more exhausted.

Maybe playing him number 10 would make him unstoppable with better players around him but the plain truth is he's far more effective for this current Aston Villa team wide left.

In January NWSE should go and get someone who can play the way that Barkley does without the injuries. We could easily finish top 6 and push top 4.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This. Thanks mate.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Absolutely love him.

Much prefer him at wide left. Watch that highlight compilation. Playing number 10 he beats the 1st man then he's got another covering midfielder and the back 4 to beat. He can't be as deadly from there and he's far more exhausted.

Maybe playing him number 10 would make him unstoppable with better players around him but the plain truth is he's far more effective for this current Aston Villa team wide left.

In January NWSE should go and get someone who can play the way that Barkley does without the injuries. We could easily finish top 6 and push top 4.

I've said that for ages. People keep going on about him being central, but he is MUCH better wide left and drifting. 

The notion we should keep AEG wide left at the expense of Jack is so moronic I don't know where to start with it. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Slowed the attack down a couple of times again tonight when the forward pass was there. There's a time for the "come and get it" thing he does, but also a time for a flick to an open player making a forward run.

:ph34r:

This may be something I was alluding to with my question on the previous page. Against best teams, the tempo of the game and the pressing they are able to mount, Jack's slowing of the game does not necessarily work. I love it when he stops the game at the edge of an opponent's penalty area, and then creates his magic. Against Chelsea and ManU the game doesn't stop. If he tries to stop it, they'll be all over him straight away. They don't give him any time.

Anyways, just to be clear, Jack is awesome and I wouldn't sell him for any price. I'm probably just hoping too much from him, thinking he should be able to do against ManU the same he does against West Brom.

Edited by AVTuco

Â