The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

And this boys and girls is what we need and very much what we are missing.

http://youtu.be/kyo8nsiUVjM

The run and goal Jack scores from 4.54 illustrates how he could become the most skillful player we have had since Brian Little. His awareness, balance and confidence are simply stunning!

I appreciate that this was at a lower level, but class is class and he has it in spades. I really hope he either starts v Liverpool or gets on much earlier and shows what he is capable of . As others have said, teams win things, but teams need a bit of magic and Jack has it.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

So lazy, Guardian cannot be bothered to research, Jack's already committed to Villa but they still write this crap today:

Jack Grealish turning into the real deal as he keeps his options open

When Aston Villa wished Jack Grealish a happy 19th birthday on their club Twitter account on Wednesday, his response will have prompted frantic calls to the baker. “I hope yous got me a cake,” joked the youngster. Now in the final season of his contract and with Chelsea understood to be keen on securing his scrawl, the Solihull-born teenager’s amusing nod to the Yaya Touré school of negotiation will have increased trepidation among Villa fans terrified their club may lose a stellar prospect.

At international level, Grealish has also become the subject of a quietly simmering tug-of-love. Having represented the Republic of Ireland, for whom he qualifies through his grandparents, at all age groups from under-16 through to under-21, the Football Association has confirmed he is also on England’s radar.

For now, the lifelong Villa fan who joined the club as a six-year-old is content to keep his powder dry as he vies to become a first team staple under Paul Lambert. Behind the scenes both countries will continue their cautious attempts to seduce him, with each camp aware the consequences of coming on too strong could end with him falling into bed with the other.

Grealish has made two substitute appearances in the Premier League this season and played the entirety of his side's Capital One Cup defeat by Leyton Orient. Following a loan spell during which five goals and seven assists in 38 appearances helped keep Notts County in League One last season, Lambert handed him his senior debut at Villa: a fleeting end-of-season cameo against Manchester City. It was an experience the player described as “the best feeling of my life”.

A Jack-be-nimble who can play on either wing or behind the centre-forward in the No10 role, it is not just Grealish's boy-band quiff and penchant for wearing his socks at half-mast that make him easily identifiable. An almost supernatural ability to beat opponents has prompted much excitement among Villa fans who have had little to be enthused about during recent seasons of stagnation, relegation battles and behind-the-scenes turmoil.

“I'll tell you who he reminds me of, John Robertson who played for Forest under Brian Clough,” says Bryan Jones, who recently retired as Villa's academy director. “Jack’s got similar qualities to him. He’s not pacy by any stretch of the imagination but he has this ability to just ghost past people and you sit back and think ‘How the bloody hell did he get round there?’ It’s a unique talent in this day and age. He's just one of those who drops his shoulder, an old fashioned wide player. He has the gift, something most players just haven't got: awareness, he sees passes other players don't see. He’s a very good crosser of the ball and he can score goals with either foot if ever he decides to pull the trigger. That’s one of his little weaknesses at the moment but I know the coaches are working on that. Potentially, I know he could be as good as he wants to be.”

Harbouring initial reservations about sending such a whey-faced whelp to a struggling League One side to earn his spurs last season, Jones insisted on certain conditions. Grealish was put in digs with a landlady to “look after him and make sure he was fed right” and encouraged to complete his education.

“Notts County were very good,” he says. “He was just a little boy really but when he came back he’d shot up physically, matured and he was a completely different character … like a man. I think mixing with seniors in an adult changing room just changed him really in six or seven months. It was remarkable.”

With the Chelsea sharks circling, Grealish will soon be faced with a big decision: take their millions and risk becoming one of the club’s army of out-of-sight out-of-mind – Chelsea have 26 players out of loan – or sign a less lucrative contract and advance his education in the Premier League with Villa. Both options have their obvious merits and talks between Villa and his father Kevin, who represents him, are continuing. “He could be the most complete player we’ve ever produced and that includes Gareth Barry, Steven Davis, Darius Vassell,” Jones says. “This boy could be the biggest. Time will tell.”

In Ireland, where Grealish recently had talks with the manager Martin O’Neill but politely declined an invitation to spend time with the senior squad, it is hoped the Villa assistant coach Roy Keane will do his patriotic duty and convince his charge that his international future remains shrouded in green. Last week in Dublin, Keane joked that he could unwittingly scare him in the other direction.

“I think the Football Association of Ireland have done it right with Grealish,” says the former Irish international Kevin Kilbane, who was also courted by England as a teenager. “They’ve had him capped at u16, u18 and u21 but he still seems to be inconclusive about where he’s going to go. He's keeping his options open and maybe he's getting advice that it might be in his best interests to declare for England from a financial point of view and from a career point of view.”

With some amusement, Grealish has revealed that during a recent Premier League encounter, the Hull City and Ireland midfielder Stephen Quinn welcomed him to the field by hailing him as the “fake paddy”. It’s true he’s not as Irish as Guinness and coddle but in terms of talent it seems young Jack is very much the real deal.

Think it's a bit much for him to play 2 games a week now

Why would he be playing with the u21s? He is a first teamer now.

An utterly moronic question.
Why is it moronic? He is playing at a level above that now, he already has played international this week and no doubt will be in the first team squad Saturday, so why would he be playing with our u21s tonight?

It's not moronic, but he'll have a period of transition between both, playing 10-15 minutes once every week won't develop him, would expect him to play 60 minutes for the U21 team in most mid week games, then get a cameo for the 1st team at the weekend, especially if we have a tough fixture at the weekend

Obviously don't know how lambert plans to integrate him in to the team, whether he throws him on for home games, or games we are winning or what, will be interesting to see what we do in tight games

Either way it's not as simple as him now being a 1st teamer so he won't play for the U21s

I'd have thought arsenal U21s would have been a good test for him, Liverpool is a tough game so I'd have given him some time in the U21s personally

Yeah, I can't see at all why that article's lazy. In fact, it included a number of pieces of information that I didn't already know and some decent analysis. It's not a media conspiracy to say he may leave and go to Chelsea, it's just a statement. Hopefully wrong, maybe right, we'll see. It's not the journalists's fault that Grealish and the club haven't agreed a contract yet. 

If that were a Man utd, Chelsea or Barca/Madrid youngster in that video they would be selling more shirts with his name on the back than we do with pies and program's!

Absolutely baffling and an insult to him and the coaches at the academy for letting his contract run down this low.

Edited by Kingman

Have faith Villa fans,not all young men are tempted by a shiny apple .

I really hope you are right. Just look at what happened to Sturridge. He choose Chelsea for more money and almost messed it up.

I know and agree with what you're saying but I dont think you could have picked a worse example

• Like 1

Grealish won't go anywhere near Chelsea's team this season. I reckon Chelsea will keep him at Villa on loan for the rest of this season* and perhaps the next. That would be part of the deal since Grealish is a Villa supporter.

That said we probably could still keep him here and own him until we sell for 5 times what Chelsea would pay if we put in a competitive bid that he is worth.

If our best offer is £5,000 a week that is shameful. Considering he is our best prospect for a long time we should offer him the best deal that an academy graduate has received for a long time. 

*from January

Edited by Con

If i were Chelsea and I was really interested in him, I'd buy him and tell him he could stay here for eighteen months - sort of like they've done with Courtois.

If that were to happen and I was in charged I'd be telling both the player and Chelsea to do one.

I don't think that he will leave yet but if Villa are serious about keeping him then they have to pay him the going rate (whatever that is today) otherwise he may be tempted.

• Like 2

If that were a Man utd, Chelsea or Barca/Madrid youngster in that video they would be selling more shirts with his name on the back than we do with pies and program's!

Absolutely baffling and an insult to him and the coaches at the academy for letting his contract run down this low.

Both parties have to sign a contract. There is no information out there that Villa have sandbagged this.

I can't blame either side for not signing, as there are key variables: should he be demanding the wage of an occasional senior team player or those of someone getting regular minutes? Right now that jury's out, and there's the year to sort it. If you try to incentivize to resolve those questions, the parties can end up just as hung debating the incentives for fear of all/none taking effect and thus you end up with a far worse contract.

I hope he gets a bit of game time today.....He needs to be pitched in to gain the necessary experience of big games.

just depends how the game is going i guess....if we are hanging on, it may not be ideal.

Or maybe the club have been trying to sign him up to a 5 year deal for the last 3 years, with jack being smart enough to realise that if he bided his time he'd be in a better negotiating position when he finally broke through...

He could have signed a 5 year deal 2 years ago for £2k a week and have 3 years left on it, or he could sign a £10k. Week contract now

It might not necessarily be because we are a shambles, personally don't think it's because he has any intention of leaving, it's just negotiating how you pay for that potential turning in to progress

You would be lucky if 90% of the fans of those clubs even know one player from their youth team. Not really sure what your point is

You would be lucky if 90% of the fans of those clubs even know one player from their youth team. Not really sure what your point is

Aye, as a United fan myself I am lucky enough to have great access to the reserve/youth teams through MUTV and I frankly I find it embarrassing when our top young players make their debut like Adnan, James Wilson and Andreas Pereira recently and so many people are asking who these guys are. 

• Like 1

HAHAHAHA Telegraph are linking Jack to Spurs!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11094171/West-Ham-United-hold-the-key-to-Tottenham-Hotspurs-stadium-move-away-from-White-Hart-Lane.html

The race is on. Not for just which of the big clubs – Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are all interested – eventually try to sign Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish. But for which big-name agent represents him during those negotiations. And that may prove to be an even more titanic struggle.

Grealish is just 19 and is in the final year of his deal at Villa, who are desperate to tie down the winger to a new long-term contract. Grealish is a Villa fan, who had a season ticket at the age of four and joined the club when was he was six.

He made his first-team debut at the end of last season against Manchester City and was already on the radar of the big clubs having impressed on loan with Notts County. Grealish is represented by his father, Kevin, but he may soon have a decision to make. The early front-runner to snap up Grealish is Jonathan Barnett, head of the increasingly powerful and dominant Stellar Group, whose clients include Gareth Bale, Joe Hart, Ashley Cole and Luke Shaw.

Â