The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Think it's a bit much for him to play 2 games a week now

Why would he be playing with the u21s? He is a first teamer now.

An utterly moronic question.
Why is it moronic? He is playing at a level above that now, he already has played international this week and no doubt will be in the first team squad Saturday, so why would he be playing with our u21s tonight?
  • Like 1

The hype over this lad is unreal, I hope he goes onto be a Villa legend I really do, a lot of pressure for a lad of 19 too, a lot think he is the saviour! Not putting him down or anything cos I think he is a real talent myself, just hope the pressure doesn't get to him.

• Like 1

Think it's a bit much for him to play 2 games a week now

Why would he be playing with the u21s? He is a first teamer now.

An utterly moronic question.
Why is it moronic? He is playing at a level above that now, he already has played international this week and no doubt will be in the first team squad Saturday, so why would he be playing with our u21s tonight?

He wants too ?

The hype over this lad is unreal, I hope he goes onto be a Villa legend I really do, a lot of pressure for a lad of 19 too, a lot think he is the saviour! Not putting him down or anything cos I think he is a real talent myself, just hope the pressure doesn't get to him.

I don't think anyone is saying he is our saviour, what ever that means( teams win things) he is an exceptional talent and with bucket loads of hard work and application he should be the player we all think he can be.

He has made a start as a raw talent and the signs are very good......that's all.

Personally, I think he will be special.....but we can all be wrong.

Edited by TRO

Interesting seeing the goals he scored for Notts County again. He looks very composed and confident in the advanced areas. Looks like he almost enjoys getting closer to goal as he knows he can go around the keeper/any remaining defenders. Will be interesting to see when he gets a chance in such a position for the first team

What i'm hoping is that we've offered him a highly incentivised contract which will reward him if he achieves over those 4 years. I hope it isn't a Bannan/Alby/Delfouneso type 10-20k/week deal. 

I think we'd do well to structure it such that the financials are a motivator for him to work hard, rather than make him think he's 'made it'. 

I have always though that's why it's so common for stars to appear under the radar. Just like Gabby with Luke Moore.

I like that he doesn't crap himself whenever he has the ball, nice to see some composure.

He's much more measured than someone like Weimann who manages to make it a rush even when he's in space.

Looking forward to seeing more of him this season.

He's been offered a 4 year contract and has said he's staying, hasn't he?

Jack Grealish has given Aston Villa fans the news they want to hear about his future.

The winger, who turned 19 yesterday , has aroused the interest of Chelsea but wants to remain at Villa Park.

With his current deal due to lapse at the end of the season, Villa last week tabled a four-year extension to keep their prize teen talent away from the clutches of wealthier Premier League rivals.

Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur too are understood to be monitoring the contract situation of a player who has flourished for his boyhood club so far this term.

In the latest of his three Premier League substitute outings against Hull City, Grealish’s trickery drew fouls over a 15 minute period that resulted in three opponents getting booked.

Jack-Grealish-of-Aston-Villa-in-action-f VIEW GALLERY

And, ahead of Saturday’s visit to Anfield, the teen has assured Villa’s fans that he’s entered contract negotiations fully intent on continuing his career at his beloved club.

“I want to stay at Villa,” Solihull native Grealish affirmed. “My contract runs out at the end of the season but my eyes are on remaining at Villa.

“It’s just down to contract negotiations at the moment but I’m hopeful it will come in time.”

Asked whether he could foresee himself playing for another club, he responded: “No, of course not. I’m a lifelong fan. Even when I didn’t have a game during my loan spell at Notts County last season, I’d go down and watch as a supporter.

“I’ve been a season-ticket holder since I was four and joined the club at couple of years later. So to be playing for Villa in the Premier League and having the fans in the Holte End sing my name like they did against Hull is a dream come true.

“I’m going through one of those phases where I just can’t get enough.

“Having gotten a taste of it, I’m striving for more by trying to keep playing.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-interview-aston-villas-jack-7748474

• Like 2

Â