The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't think I've seen him go down easy yet.

Well we must have a different opinion of how easy it is to knock someone over then.

I have a number of other good and bad points I'd like to mention about Grealish, but honestly, it feels like you can't say anything negative without being shot down as having the wrong opinion on here. That's not about your post packoman, btw, just a number of posts I've seen in this thread.

fair point, dont think their is any problems with being critical if its constructive. Think people are quick to jump on it as some posters on here are always looking for the negative on players for no reason  i.e. Ashley Westwood thread

• Like 2

so eh? those contract talks. Should not be hard for an 18 year old with a handful of appearances to his name. He might have a big potential, but until he shows that he's still a young pipsqueak. Sign now and get a big pay rise when you deserve it. Other contracts were done in the summer no problem. Come on lad.

• Like 1

so eh? those contract talks. Should not be hard for an 18 year old with a handful of appearances to his name. He might have a big potential, but until he shows that he's still a young pipsqueak. Sign now and get a big pay rise when you deserve it. Other contracts were done in the summer no problem. Come on lad.

Right

So we're not sending Rodders to do the contract negotiations

• Like 1

Just spoke to one of my clients who plays for Leyton Orient. He said they really rated Jack and did not realise how good he was.

At what point does he have to deliver though ?

For all his good feet he's not carving out chance after chance though is he ? not necessarily his fault though before people start accusing me of hersey

Sticking him as a conventional right mid is pointless and also kinda weakens the team , see Arsenal for example ... He can't track back and tackle and to expect him to do so is bonkers

Somehow we have to find a formation and a role that lets him flourish and hurt teams

• Like 1

Just spoke to one of my clients who plays for Leyton Orient. He said they really rated Jack and did not realise how good he was.

For all his good feet he's not carving out chance after chance though is he ? not necessarily his fault though before people start accusing me of hersey

Sticking him as a conventional right mid is pointless and also kinda weakens the team , see Arsenal for example ... He can't track back and tackle and to expect him to do so is bonkers

Somehow we have to find a formation and a role that lets him flourish and hurt teams

Serious? The few minutes he's played were when we were winning and defending for our lives or losing so badly the game was over. The 90 minutes against Orient was alongside players who were unfit, underperforming or not up to speed - and he was head and shoulders the best player.

At the moment it's all about him adapting to the premier league and feeling comfortable at this level, hopefully by xmas he can be starting games and making an impact as we play bottom half teams.

ALso key getting Benteke fit and firing as he obviously is a forward of great intelligence and skill who can make good runs that Jack can find with passes.

I'd rather have him finding his way into the team gradually than say Albrighton who looked great initially for 5 months and then overtime just got worse as teams wised up to him.

Possibly so but when he came through he had an excellent cross on him and was pretty good at drifting past the full back to score the odd goal at the back post.

What helped him of course when he first played was that we had Downing and Young so teams would understandbly focus on doubling up on those two so Marc had a lot of space to work with.

Of course we sold both, teams wised up to Albrighton and we saw he was nothing special when double marked.

We don't have anywhere near like that quality with Grealish coming through although as I said I'd like to see him get a few starts when Benteke is regularly playing just to see if those two could link up in the final third.

Something like

Grealish

Benteke     Gabby/Weimann

Although Grealish hasn't played much football in the hole, his loan at Notts County was spent playing in the position he's been in this season.

He is 19 and has played maybe 180 PL minutes maximum. I don't expect him to be carving out plenty of chances at the moment.

Possibly so but when he came through he had an excellent cross on him and was pretty good at drifting past the full back to score the odd goal at the back post.

What helped him of course when he first played was that we had Downing and Young so teams would understandbly focus on doubling up on those two so Marc had a lot of space to work with.

Of course we sold both, teams wised up to Albrighton and we saw he was nothing special when double marked.

I think it's more due to the fact he was an unknown quantity as you've eluded to, which is especially advantageous for wingers. Think back to James McClean's initial run at Sunderland also.

Serious? The few minutes he's played were when we were winning and defending for our lives or losing so badly the game was over. The 90 minutes against Orient was alongside players who were unfit, underperforming or not up to speed - and he was head and shoulders the best player.
Even though we were 3-0 down against Arsenal, we didn't play like a team that were hanging on. We had the ball a fair amount, and though the game was technically 'over', I'm sure Jack would have loved to have scored or set up a consolation goal. I think Jack will be good, but so far, Albrighton probably showed as much (if not more) in the same amount of game time.

Even though we were 3-0 down against Arsenal, we didn't play like a team that were hanging on. We had the ball a fair amount, and though the game was technically 'over', I'm sure Jack would have loved to have scored or set up a consolation goal. I think Jack will be good, but so far, Albrighton probably showed as much (if not more) in the same amount of game time.

Grealish is a year younger than when Albrighton first got in the team. He is still very young but has more potential than Albrighton hand in my humble opinion.

Even though we were 3-0 down against Arsenal, we didn't play like a team that were hanging on. We had the ball a fair amount, and though the game was technically 'over', I'm sure Jack would have loved to have scored or set up a consolation goal.

While jack may have liked it the team and the manager had no intention of trying to.

Not sure what he could have done in a team that gave up.

Even though we were 3-0 down against Arsenal, we didn't play like a team that were hanging on. We had the ball a fair amount, and though the game was technically 'over', I'm sure Jack would have loved to have scored or set up a consolation goal.

While jack may have liked it the team and the manager had no intention of trying to.

Not sure what he could have done in a team that gave up.

Exactly. Our sole aim in that half was to keep the score at 0-3 rather than attempting to make any inroads into it. Grealish, as with the entire team, were pretty much camped in our half. Not to mention that he himself was only a forced change because Weimann was suffering the effects of the bug.

Edited by Isa

Â