The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm hoping he has an end product as so far he's been fouled whenever he's got the ball. Hopefully he's got a decent cross and finish on him and we'll see it soon.

He needs to be careful with how easily he sometimes goes down, in my opinion. Opposition players do foul him a lot, but occasionally he also drops to the floor with the slightest of touches. I don't want refs thinking he's the new Ashley Young, because he'll end up getting cards for diving and not winning as many free kicks as he can when he is genuinely fouled.

I must be missing something, apart from winning a few freekicks i've seen nothing of note form him.

Today he looked lazy and mostly failed to beat his man. Can't say i see anything better in him that in many of our other "next big thing" youngsters. I hope i'm wrong though.

I must be missing something, apart from winning a few freekicks i've seen nothing of note form him.

Today he looked lazy and mostly failed to beat his man. Can't say i see anything better in him that in many of our other "next big thing" youngsters. I hope i'm wrong though.

Yeah you're missing quite a lot.

A lot indeed, I thought he was great today, moved well with the ball, he's got that ability to shape his movement when with the ball that let's him ghost past players and if he dosnt opens up the gaps to pass into. He will be so dangerous when someone like Benteke is dragging a defence all over the place.

On a few occasions I thought I bet Arsene has taken notice of that. By no means a finished article or even someone who has influenced or won a game yet but at 18 he has shown some quality of a top footballer that I havnt seen in any of the others we have brought through.

• Like 1

I'm hoping he has an end product as so far he's been fouled whenever he's got the ball. Hopefully he's got a decent cross and finish on him and we'll see it soon.

As far as I can tell from watching youth games the 360 degree screw turn, fall over leg win a foul is a Grealish special move.

Another is he likes to drive into the green grass space and often will dribble the ball from the left wing all the way across the top of the penalty box to the right wing.

What he doesn't do: power shooting from distance and aggressive tackling.

What I liked today was that he looked incredibly comfortable in possession and passing the ball in the centre of the field. All 15 of his passes were accurate - that's right, 100% pass accuracy!

Today he was poor. Or at least we would consider this as a poor performance if it was pulled by Andi or Zog.

HOWEVER;

he is 18. He showed that he has got a lot of promise, and had all the right ideas; ideas that show his pure talent. He is nowhere near as good of a trained footballer as the rest of the squad today. But what we did see was the signs of endless talent in this guy. He will be brilliant, no doubt. I think he will be better than Young or Gabby in their prime. Lets just give him some time to develop into a senior footballer.

So what's he contributed so far then?

First time i seen jack yesterday. I thought he played quite well. Obviously a attacking minded player. Eager to want the ball. Composed and a good passer. It was ashame we wernt set up to attack as the game was too pedestrian second half

Had my first proper look at him yesterday, turned on for the last 20 minutes after I got back from footy. He does seem to have 'something', whatever that is time will tell but he does look a natural prospect and with a bit of experience to eradicate the bad habits (I think it was him trying to beat an Arsenal player 3 times well into our own half) I think he will be a pretty handy player for us.

As for those asking for a 'contribution' in the brief amount of minutes he's played this season, well, I think they will be disappointed for a while yet - however thankfully I think the majority of the fanbase doesn't look at it that way.

Today he was poor. Or at least we would consider this as a poor performance if it was pulled by Andi or Zog.

HOWEVER;

he is 18. He showed that he has got a lot of promise, and had all the right ideas; ideas that show his pure talent. He is nowhere near as good of a trained footballer as the rest of the squad today. But what we did see was the signs of endless talent in this guy. He will be brilliant, no doubt. I think he will be better than Young or Gabby in their prime. Lets just give him some time to develop into a senior footballer.

In what way was it poor? He kept the ball, he got into space to receive the ball, he ran at them a couple of times, ran back and covered his man and overall was pretty effective.

No one on the team saw much of the ball second half. Jack did better than most during it.

I don't think I've seen him go down easy yet.

Well we must have a different opinion of how easy it is to knock someone over then.

I have a number of other good and bad points I'd like to mention about Grealish, but honestly, it feels like you can't say anything negative without being shot down as having the wrong opinion on here. That's not about your post packoman, btw, just a number of posts I've seen in this thread.

• Like 3

Â