The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Having said all that those shots need to start hitting the top corner if he is going to be world class player.  Probably got one last game to do something special. 

Thing is, he even stopped shooting.

I was happy to see him kinda back at it last match.

If he shoots enough he will bag

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I bet that's the same speech you would have been giving Jamie Vardy a few years ago.

In fairness, he would have been right. Vardy would never have been playing for Villa in the Champions League 😉

• Haha 1

On 23/07/2020 at 19:03, Enda said:

That exact same report was in the media word for word a month ago. 

Why does he keep needing to tell his friends this?  Maybe it's a second different group of friends who also have a snitch in their ranks.  I assume they are not as close a group of friends who he told a month ago though.   I'd be pissed off if I was in that second group.  Why wasn't I told this last month? I would ask him. 

Oops.  I see this is the story from a month ago😳😳.  Rest easy Jack's second tier friendship circle 

Edited by sidcow

i think the owners (providing we stay up) will sit down with him after sunday and hopefully outline the type of players we are gonna go for in the transfer window and then its gonna be up to jack providing we get the kind of offer we are looking for

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

i think the owners (providing we stay up) will sit down with him after sunday and hopefully outline the type of players we are gonna go for in the transfer window and then its gonna be up to jack providing we get the kind of offer we are looking for

Can definitely see this being a plan.

Unfortunately his agent will be sat next to him and he'll be saying you don't know if any of these deals will happen. Utd will have you tomorrow Jack.

IF IF IF we finish off the miracle and stay up...we need to move quickly. 

12 hours ago, Villa94 said:

Are they gonna sign more mercenaries from Belgium?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Are they gonna sign more mercenaries from Belgium?

Relentlessly negative. All the time. The way you repeat the same moan over and over again, every day, every week, every three posts on every thread really neuters any point you actually might have.

Yes nobody wants us to buy below-par players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Relentlessly negative. All the time. The way you repeat the same moan over and over again, every day, every week, every three posts on every thread really neuters any point you actually might have.

Yes i am angry and negative towards the owner and board for making bad decisions.

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Randomly calls them mercenaries for no reason as well

Its a snoozefest

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes i am angry and negative towards the owner and board for making bad decisions.

Promotion, cup final and a strong chance of survival with the 3rd best team promoted.  Yeah they are making bad decisions 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Promotion, cup final and a strong chance of survival with the 3rd best team promoted.  Yeah they are making bad decisions 🤣🤣🤣

Saved us from administration, invested hundreds of millions, plan to invest more.

There's just no point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

give me a Xia or Lerner any day FFS

18 hours ago, Villa94 said:

Trouble is the 'type of player' we are likely to go for in the summer is probably going to be similar to the type we went for last summer.

6 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Trouble is the 'type of player' we are likely to go for in the summer is probably going to be similar to the type we went for last summer.

Why do you think that? Not saying you’re wrong but last season we needed quantity because how thin our squad was.  This season we can add quality.  I would be surprised if our recruitment was the same as last season.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why do you think that? Not saying you’re wrong but last season we needed quantity because how thin our squad was.  This season we can add quality.  I would be surprised if our recruitment was the same as last season.

Agree

I think last summer was a mixture of things, needing too many players, needing to protect ourselves should we go straight back down

This summer we should see the type of players that outline how serious we are about progression, hopefully not as many risks over quality but some more risks taken in terms of what contracts we are willing to give

trez for example is high risk in ability but low financial risk, this summer should be the other way round

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

Talking about this season.

Buying quantity from Belgium is really poor decision making.

In my opinion should have kept some of the older heads. Good to have in the dressing room and could pass on valuable advice to some of the inexperienced boys. Also they proved last season they can do a job when called upon.

Like i mentioned in the relegation thread this is what i'd do. Buy Heaton, Konsa, Targett, Luiz, Benrahma, Maupay. (I don't count the loanies from last season as new signings) Get rid of Hogan, Lansbury, Bjarnason, Nyland and Hutton.

Starting Eleven:

------------------Heaton---------------

Elmo----Konsa---Mings--Targett

---------------------Luiz--------------------

-----------McGinn--Hourihane------

Benrahma-----Maupay----Grealish

Bench: Steer, Guilbert, Hause, Whelan, El Ghazi, Adomah, Davis

Not the strongest bench, agreed. But starting eleven is imo a very strong one. 

I firmly believe in a more gradual rebuilding job. 13 players in one window is simply too many people to deal with.

Â