The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, villa4europe said:

6 words in and you can put that in the bin

"Jack grealish has reportedly told friends"

License to print whatever bullshit they feel like

It matches what Rigo heard is all I’m saying. British tabloids print whatever they want.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Really shite sitting 3rd in the table with an exciting young team and endless cash to spend next summer.

Yeah, but what  apart from that

20 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Swear the smalltime talk on this forum EVERY single time we have a good player is so pathetic. Whether it's tekkers, Grealish, Young, Milner, Barry, ever since Yorke left there's such a loser mentality in this club it's unreal. If any of you ever have a kid you might as well stear them away from this shirt. 

Not only should good players move on cause nothing good can ever come of staying a Villa player, but we should some how be grateful when it happens. I've never ever met fans that are such natural born losers as Villa fans and I travel to watch football and different teams all over Europe.

You've invented an alternate reality here sir.

There has been some Jack bleating, not a huge amount on here compared with other platforms. It's the first time I can ever remember it and I really don't like it.

Benteke, Barry, Milner etc, it was all people wanting them to stay so we could kick on. This is a sign of the times and the top teams being in another world. They are better and media will tell you they're better and you're nowhere near as good.

The PL and football is so strung out financially, we're approaching to point that 99% of upsets will be gone, like a couple a season. We've already got the champions losing two or three games a season maximum.

If the EFL brings in that wage cap that's rumoured it's the end. Those teams that win promotion will be like non-league sides every week before going down 18/19/20 every season. Delighted to be going down having snuck 5 wins all season and seen some big grounds.

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

You've invented an alternate reality here sir.

There has been some Jack bleating, not a huge amount on here compared with other platforms. It's the first time I can ever remember it and I really don't like it.

Benteke, Barry, Milner etc, it was all people wanting them to stay so we could kick on. This is a sign of the times and the top teams being in another world. They are better and media will tell you they're better and you're nowhere near as good.

The PL and football is so strung out financially, we're approaching to point that 99% of upsets will be gone, like a couple a season. We've already got the champions losing two or three games a season maximum.

If the EFL brings in that wage cap that's rumoured it's the end. Those teams that win promotion will be like non-league sides every week before going down 18/19/20 every season. Delighted to be going down having snuck 5 wins all season and seen some big grounds.

I find myself agreeing to some extent with this, however I also agree with the @KenjiOgiwara post that you responded to. 

If we are ever to become anything more than a club that makes up the numbers, we need a serious change in mentality. If those players that you listed had stayed and we’d added more then we could have seriously competed. The problem was that at the time the owner was a spent force. The initial opportunity to push on, when Lerner first arrived, was wasted by a combination his lack of football nous and MON. 

In theory, we now have another opportunity to step up. If the owners show genuine ambition, keep Grealish, who is under contract, then add some quality to the existing squad, perhaps we can be pushing for Europe and perhaps show up to a Wembley final with the expectation that we at least have a chance of lifting the trophy. 

It depends on money, how we spend it and attitude. None of the so called big clubs expect to lose their key players. Some of course move on, everyone has a price, but we need to adopt a big club arrogance. We are accused by our local rivals of being arrogant, it’s about time we were! 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Jack's gonna have a decision to make - that much is clear. 

If we stay up I think it's up to our owners to decide if Jack stays or goes. They need to offer him what he wants to stay , money and a chance of glory.

Realistically there's probably only 2 or maybe 3 teams that are going to compete at the very top in the premier , Man U are not one of them.

This buying players young and selling them doesn't work IMO. We have tried it to twice in recent years and if it wasn't for Jack this season would have been a disaster long before now. We spent £130m and have 1 player who would sell for more than we paid and even he's got a buy back clause that limits any profit we could make.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

If we stay up I think it's up to our owners to decide if Jack stays or goes. They need to offer him what he wants to stay , money and a chance of glory.

Realistically there's probably only 2 or maybe 3 teams that are going to compete at the very top in the premier , Man U are not one of them.

This buying players young and selling them doesn't work IMO. We have tried it to twice in recent years and if it wasn't for Jack this season would have been a disaster long before now. We spent £130m and have 1 player who would sell for more than we paid and even he's got a buy back clause that limits any profit we could make.

i agree, I think man utd have to do a sales pitch to convince him they have a chance of glory let alone us

jack grealish will not play in the CL for villa, he wont challenge for the title, that's the grim reality, not a reflection on us or our owners but the league, even this season where we can say look at Leicester and wolves and Sheffield!!! come sunday night we will likely have a top 4 of Liverpool, city, utd and chelsea

I still think him leaving is dependant on someone actually bidding for him and im not 100% convinced someone will

I think if we can buy some players who have proven ability in the English league's, a striker, midfielder and winger who have the characters to fight, like Sheffield Utds players have. Then we can compete in the top 6 . We need players like Troy Deaney, Philips , Albrighton, Tammy who when they are added to our squad of in experienced players they can show them the character than need to fight for success. 

I watched an interview with Townsend on Jack Charlton and the Ireland squad,  Jack knew what type of players he wanted , ones that could hold onto a 1 nill lead in the dying seconds of game, he said these  qualities came from experience.

The stats show where we are weak and its premier League experience, add a bit of this and I think we can compete in cups and with the top 6, if we keep Jack .

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tinker said:

This buying players young and selling them doesn't work IMO. We have tried it to twice in recent years and if it wasn't for Jack this season would have been a disaster long before now.

It doesn't work because it's not been done properly imo and I don't believe we are anywhere to the level again yet where we are able to do that.

Hopefully in a few seasons we can be in a position to adopt something similar to he Dortmund or the Ajax model and have people like the chap at Norwich at our club aswell as our own @Villan4Life identifying good, young emerging talent and bring them in.

• Like 1

as I posted in the davis thread the shot at 40 seconds is a prime example of how grealish plays, what he wants from his team mates and what he's getting

people say he slows it down, he's waiting for play to progress rather than just aimlessly bombing forward, at the start of the break there's no pass on, samatta is hiding behind the LB never at any point of the move making himself available for a pass, arsenal have the RB standing him up and a CB there to cover...what else can he do from there?

but what we did better in this move is trez makes a good run forward first at holding causing him to drop deeper and then peels towards luiz maybe in the hope that holding also moves to his left, he's never getting the ball because he's ran in to too tight an area but it creates the space for jack to move in to, douglas luiz also slows his run down and takes up a good position in space but if he got the pass he too would have the problem that there's no real pass on for him and he's too far away for a give and go, there is not an attacking pass on for jack, unless he produces a Iniesta / Xavi style eye of a needle pass he cannot create a chance for someone else at the end of that run

samatta there is the standard for villa and it absolutely kills us

• Like 1

Almost all transfer speculation is just that. It’s all clicks and revenue. It means nothing. Just gets fans angry and discussing. Nothing is written or confirmed until Sunday whatever the result. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i agree, I think man utd have to do a sales pitch to convince him they have a chance of glory let alone us

jack grealish will not play in the CL for villa, he wont challenge for the title, that's the grim reality, not a reflection on us or our owners but the league, even this season where we can say look at Leicester and wolves and Sheffield!!! come sunday night we will likely have a top 4 of Liverpool, city, utd and chelsea

I still think him leaving is dependant on someone actually bidding for him and im not 100% convinced someone will

I bet that's the same speech you would have been giving Jamie Vardy a few years ago.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

as I posted in the davis thread the shot at 40 seconds is a prime example of how grealish plays, what he wants from his team mates and what he's getting

people say he slows it down, he's waiting for play to progress rather than just aimlessly bombing forward, at the start of the break there's no pass on, samatta is hiding behind the LB never at any point of the move making himself available for a pass, arsenal have the RB standing him up and a CB there to cover...what else can he do from there?

but what we did better in this move is trez makes a good run forward first at holding causing him to drop deeper and then peels towards luiz maybe in the hope that holding also moves to his left, he's never getting the ball because he's ran in to too tight an area but it creates the space for jack to move in to, douglas luiz also slows his run down and takes up a good position in space but if he got the pass he too would have the problem that there's no real pass on for him and he's too far away for a give and go, there is not an attacking pass on for jack, unless he produces a Iniesta / Xavi style eye of a needle pass he cannot create a chance for someone else at the end of that run

samatta there is the standard for villa and it absolutely kills us

Having said all that those shots need to start hitting the top corner if he is going to be world class player.  Probably got one last game to do something special. 

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

6 words in and you can put that in the bin

"Jack grealish has reportedly told friends"

License to print whatever bullshit they feel like

they couldn't even be bothered to put a fake quote from said 'friends'

• Like 1

Â